Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum Questions, suggestions, etc
Hopefully this isn't anywhere already... (mods - if it is, please delete this thread)

A place to ask questions, vent, give suggestions, or whatever for the new forum.

I was wondering if there was some way that we could add a spellchecker. (firefox is not an option)
howie wants to be "fisted."
Titan wants a delete post button.

any others?

Also, I just thought of this one... will there be a way to change our own names in the future?
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
rockmonster Wrote:Also, I just thought of this one... will there be a way to change our own names in the future?

I liked how the old '50 last posts' worked, but then again I sorta like how this way works as well...I'll have to give it time.

As far as changing your user name, I didn't like people changing their username all the time.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I actually like the new "view new posts." It shows the threads instead of the individual posts, so it's easier to ignore the game threads, and (i think) will be easier to follow conversations.

Also, this looks like a smily mooning: Idea
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
agreed it's nice in that sense but the 50 recent posts (old style) was handy for me at home as with dialup i didn't have to hit each individual link...I could quickly glance at what was going on in the last hour or two, could do my moderator duties from there (if needed) and be done...but with this (at home) it'll eat a lot of time.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
The user signatures blend in with the actual post too much. Is there a way to shrink the Sig area or change the font style/size for the Sig or something?

just my .02
rockmonster Wrote:I was wondering if there was some way that we could add a spellchecker. (firefox is not an option)

I'll check into that.

rockmonster Wrote:howie wants to be "fisted."

As usual. In all seriousness, there are people on this board who know how to reach him and hopefully they do soon.

rockmonster Wrote:Titan wants a delete post button.

He has one but it has an expiration time.

rockmonster Wrote:Also, I just thought of this one... will there be a way to change our own names in the future?

No. I hated that feature. If someone wants to change their name they can let me know and if the reason is good enough then we can do it (ie protecting someone's privacy).
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
howiefeltersnatch Wrote:The user signatures blend in with the actual post too much. Is there a way to shrink the Sig area or change the font style/size for the Sig or something?

just my .02

we can change them ourselves...

how's this?

EDIT: apparently sigs aren't showing up right now?
changing/editing/DELETING posts without a time limit would be nice

changing names would be nice, if you wanted to limit it to one chage per week or something like that to avoid people doing it on a daily basis that would be ok with me, but changing from time to time is nice

Sigs are part of the fun not sure why they arent showing up but im sure that'll get worked out

Will we be getting our titles back ? I really liked being Hugh Jeffencock and it was fun to see what title would be next

Polls/poles/pulls ? Are they possible here ?

that's all for now, good work thus far

Anyway to put a "NEW" tag on the index page showing which posts are new / updated since the last time I checked in ?
Wowie Groovie !
titan Wrote:Anyway to put a "NEW" tag on the index page showing which posts are new / updated since the last time I checked in ?

They show up a different color. Already read posts show up white.
titan Wrote:changing/editing/DELETING posts without a time limit would be nice

changing names would be nice, if you wanted to limit it to one change per week or something like that to avoid people doing it on a daily basis that would be ok with me, but changing from time to time is nice

Will we be getting our titles back ? I really liked being Hugh Jeffencock and it was fun to see what title would be next

I second both of these.

I think a limit on the name change is a really good idea.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
rockmonster Wrote:
titan Wrote:Anyway to put a "NEW" tag on the index page showing which posts are new / updated since the last time I checked in ?

They show up a different color. Already read posts show up white.

Yeah I think I thought that might be the case
Wowie Groovie !
I don't think biff is keen on the name changes...pick one and stick with it. As for me ( a guy who would like his to read 'Howie Feltersnatch') I can see having a name change ability per request or limited to so many over time....maybe...unfortunatly requests will clog the mod's PM's with name changes and I'm thinking a name change option on a timer would be a bitch to create.

11:05 - I would like to be Intern of Poon
11:26 - can i change it to IoP?
11:59 - nevermind IoP is gay
12:02 - You forgot to capitalize Poon

Moral of the story...let's continue to use this thread as a wishlist...but don't expect results tomorrow as the powers that be are very busy ironing out wrinkles and handeling bugs
Well can I at least request going back to Titan ! please and thanks
Wowie Groovie !
I would actually like to be Rock Monster, but I just figured it was unimportant at this point in time, and after things were off and running here, I would PM Biff.

As Howie said, I kind of intended this thread to be... how do I do this?; Why can't I do that? along with suggestions for possibly improving the board, like things you miss that were on the old board. Also, like Howie said, I was not expecting any changes anytime soon. I'm sure Biff, Opus, pott, and everyone else involved are way too busy right now.
Wait... Are you trying to tell me that there are more important things for Biffholeus (That''s Biff Potthole and Opus) than F'ing around with MY NAME ? ? ?
Wowie Groovie !
I guess since there's no karma to mess with, you do have a valid point...
Odd, I hadn't even noticed that sigs were missing...
Titan! Wrote:Well can I at least request going back to Titan ! please and thanks

Done

Rock Monster Wrote:I would actually like to be Rock Monster

And done.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Titan! Wrote:changing/editing/DELETING posts without a time limit would be nice

changing names would be nice, if you wanted to limit it to one chage per week or something like that to avoid people doing it on a daily basis that would be ok with me, but changing from time to time is nice

Sigs are part of the fun not sure why they arent showing up but im sure that'll get worked out

Polls/poles/pulls ? Are they possible here ?

that's all for now, good work thus far

Anyway to put a "NEW" tag on the index page showing which posts are new / updated since the last time I checked in ?

I'm not giving Carte Blanche to the delete/edit posts thing. Sorry. You said it. Deal with it later. Or if you really really really want it removed then ask me.

If I made the "change your name" feature available once a week then I'd have to change the setting on the board for a day, let everyone know, and then change it back. Sorry, I will allow minor changes but for the most part you is who you is.

I disabled signatures because Howie was right in that they look just like the text. I even tried reducing the font and it didn't work. Use your avatar as your expression.

The custom titles came with post counts. I do not see the feature here. If Opus can install a hack then perhaps it will be available again because I too liked those.

If you click the "view new posts" link (I have mine bookmarked in my bookmark toolbar) there is a tiny icon that shows all the threads that have been recently updated. Click the little icon and it takes you to the first new post since your last visit to the thread.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Just a FYI to everyone, my access here can become limited at times so if I don't return a PM, e-mail, or answer a post for several hours it's not because I'm ignoring you. Sometimes I don't have time to answer everything when I read it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
These are some pretty lame smilies. Can we get cool new ones :?: Tongue
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I lost my special red words!!! Damn change...
Guess this means I should change the mondo-tounge pic...
boizalynne Wrote:I lost my special red words!!! Damn change...
Guess this means I should change the mondo-tounge pic...
You don't need red words to be special boizalynne Wink
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Now Biff, I know you're not too super keen on name changes, but what if we were to give people a one day window to choose the name they want, specifically letting them know that at the end of said day, their name would be locked in for good?
potthole Wrote:Now Biff, I know you're not too super keen on name changes, but what if we were to give people a one day window to choose the name they want, specifically letting them know that at the end of said day, their name would be locked in for good?

Thats a good Idea!!
I would like to request a color change for the Unread Threads icon in Forum View mode. The grey and tan thing doesn't really stand out enough.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Thanks for the name change,
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Thanks for the name change,

I know I feel better......titan just didn't fit your personality!!!!
titan with a lower case "t" made me feel like my screen name hadn't hit puberty yet
Wowie Groovie !
0rz0ski Wrote:I would like to request a color change for the Unread Threads icon in Forum View mode. The grey and tan thing doesn't really stand out enough.

I actually like the way it is now. My thinking is that a majority of us read these boards at work (I think) and if the colors were changed to something that stands out more, it would be harder for us to be subtle about wasting time on here....

maybe there could be some options, like "skins," but just color schemes? I know that's probably a lot of work though, so whatever... :?
Does the search only go back X number of days ?
Wowie Groovie !
Never mind, I somehow missed the answer to my question above..
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
Where did my advatar go? Cry
You have to re-upload it.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
admin Wrote:The custom titles came with post counts. I do not see the feature here. If Opus can install a hack then perhaps it will be available again because I too liked those.

awesome changes. another bored i'm on uses the same server...so its easy for me.

i don't know whats different with yours, but they have custom titles is all
life savers candy only really work if you have diabetes
imatoolhed46n2//imatoolhed dudeguy
TOYKO!! R.I.P. the alien gus
No more Chat ?
Wowie Groovie !
talk everyone in your crew into getting the same instant messanger...or using meebo
Titan! Wrote:No more Chat ?
It is forthcoming. Might take me a week or two to integrate it though.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Alright, now I've got a stupid question. I upped my font size (just to see what happens) using the link in the upper right corner, below the search, but now I can't get it to go back down, and my text on the page is massive. Any reset button available?

ALT F4

actually I have no clue...let me check it out

*edit:*

Keep double clicking the + symbol. It'll toggle through 2-3 font sizes and then go back to the normal size...atleast it did for me. Big Grin