Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Wings=Whiney Bitter Conservative
I am mostly inbetween Liberal and Conservative and so is the majority of the show which is one of the reasons why i love it so much. As of late (or since Obama took office) The Wings seems to be quicker to jump down the administrations throat. Now I know he did plenty of political commentary while GW Bush was in office but he just seems to be way more critical now that "one of his own" isn't in office. Just a thought....
thebigfreeze Wrote:I am mostly inbetween Liberal and Conservative and so is the majority of the show which is one of the reasons why i love it so much. As of late (or since Obama took office) The Wings seems to be quicker to jump down the administrations throat. Now I know he did plenty of political commentary while GW Bush was in office but he just seems to be way more critical now that "one of his own" isn't in office. Just a thought....
it's not that he is a whiney bitter conservative. He is a whiny bitter anti-political person. Every time he dips into politics for WHWT he decides to take the opinion that extra step. When bush was president he did the same thing, it kind of gets annoying, but that's the nature of the WHWT beast.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I think he's more likely to jump on the absurdity of politicians and their decisions rather than any one politician or political party
Wowie Groovie !
I'm the first guy to make fun of Hot Wings and I'm extremely liberal but I don't think he's a bitter conservative. I've listened to the show enough over the years that I feel like I have a good handle on how he reacts to stupid things on both sides of the aisle. Anyone is going to be more critical of the side that won when it's not their side. When Bush did stupid things HW would absolutely acknowledge them but his response was less "eff you" and more "I can't believe you guys are being so stupid."

It's like when your favorite sports team sucks. The non-crazy fanatics acknowledge their team's suckiness but then try to move on because it's embarrassing for them as well.

Sometimes I'd say he's a little unfair. For example, today's commentary annoyed me because it seemed really petty. But that's the exception. Ninty-nine times out of one hundred he's pretty fair with bashing anyone who does something stupid.

>_>

The real problem is that "What Hot Wings Thinks" still exists. I don't care what side of the aisle you fall on. That segment is always sinfully boring. Thank God it's only a couple of minutes long and I can skip the replay. Wink
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Mayor I totally agree with everything you just said. Love the Wings but "What Hot Wings Thinks" deff has to go. They keep getting rid of all these awesome games and keeping the worste part of the show(sorry HW). It was the commentary on the budget cut that annoyed me too, because it seems like he is just looking for an exscuse to bash the president now, which is unfair, and he deff bashed on Bush too just not the same way. I still say he is prolly a little bitter.
If there was a republican president in the House right now HW'd be doing the same thing. Both sides have been consistently fiscally irresponsible and with the economy as it is now, whoever is in the White House is going to have a magnifying glass on them and be judged harshly. while broken presidential promises cross party lines, it's the policies and pork of the government as a whole that are the bigger problem.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I think HW feels the same way everyone does right now. He's terrified. I don't care what side of the fence you land on, you have to admit it's kind of a weird time to be living right now. We are walking on very thin ice not just as a country but as a world. It's known as fight or flight. HW feels threatened by what he feels are very dumb decisions by our government so he is doing what any normal person does and criticizes it.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Since I've been on vacation for a week, I didn't pay attention to the news or the show, but now that I'm back I'll just say this: We need more Whiney Bitter Conservatives who crave freedom and small government to speak their mind.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I don't agree at all that HW is the "whiny" conservative. He's no more of a whiny conservative than FB is a politically correct yellow belly. FB is the one that always seems to take the "safe/I don't want to offend anyone" stance. And back during the election Zane made to attempt to hide the fact that he was supporting Obama.

It's all in your perspective and what you want to hear.
residentialevil Wrote:I don't agree at all that HW is the "whiny" conservative. He's no more of a whiny conservative than FB is a politically correct yellow belly. FB is the one that always seems to take the "safe/I don't want to offend anyone" stance. And back during the election Zane made to attempt to hide the fact that he was supporting Obama.

Zane supported Obama? For some reason I thought he went third party. I thought FB was the one that voted Obama.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Unless they start sounding like Rush, or the douches on NPR, I don't really give a rats ass what they have to say.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
residentialevil Wrote:And back during the election Zane made to attempt to hide the fact that he was supporting Obama.

Zane voted for a third party candidate, but thanks for bringing up something that had nothing to do with the initial argument.
Mark the Valet Wrote:
residentialevil Wrote:And back during the election Zane made to attempt to hide the fact that he was supporting Obama.

Zane voted for a third party candidate, but thanks for bringing up something that had nothing to do with the initial argument.

I love it when I read a sarcastic or condescending comment of Mark's and then I look at his avatar beside it, it makes me chuckle. And he's right, how many times will people try to say the show members lean in one direction- they're a near perfect medley of all sides and they make fun of anybody regardless of party when they do something stupid. The only person who was gung-ho pro-Obama was FB's wife and while FB himself voted for him he made fun of his wife for being so star-struck. Fact.
that was the orignal argument, they are 99% of the time right down the middle, which is great because FOX news is wayyyy to right and CNN and MSNBC and so far left that you never hear the whole arugument. thats why this show is one of a kind. A little bit of everything, i just don't like that HW's throws Obama under the bus so quickly. And as for "we need more whiney bitter conservatives..", all I will say is that we had 8 years of Conservative leadership...we ended up in 2 wars, one which we should have nothing to do with and one that will seem to never end. I have friends in the military that were so relieved to get a different perspective in command. What is wrong with seeing what the other side can do?
thebigfreeze Wrote:that was the orignal argument, they are 99% of the time right down the middle, which is great because FOX news is wayyyy to right and CNN and MSNBC and so far left that you never hear the whole arugument. thats why this show is one of a kind. A little bit of everything, i just don't like that HW's throws Obama under the bus so quickly. And as for "we need more whiney bitter conservatives..", all I will say is that we had 8 years of Conservative leadership...we ended up in 2 wars, one which we should have nothing to do with and one that will seem to never end. I have friends in the military that were so relieved to get a different perspective in command. What is wrong with seeing what the other side can do?

I understand what you're trying to say but you can't really compare those news corporations to the FBHW show. They're four regular guys giving their opinions and not reporting news with a slant.

What time table would be acceptable for HW to be able to "throw" Obama under the bus? If you screw up on day one or day 752 it shouldn't matter. That's what the show is about- calling out people regardless of race, gender, religion, political party, etc.

I have family and friends in the military too and they are also weary and also willing to give another perspective a chance, but let's just clear up one thing: the last 8 years have been under "Conservative" leadership in name one, fiscally this country couldn't be/have been more liberal.
thebigfreeze Wrote:all I will say is that we had 8 years of Conservative leadership...

GWB and a good portion of the Republicans that took office post 2000 are/were not conservatives.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
thebigfreeze Wrote:all I will say is that we had 8 years of Conservative leadership...

GWB and a good portion of the Republicans that took office post 2000 are/were not conservatives.

I think a lot of people tend to call most Republicans conservatives.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
thebigfreeze Wrote:And as for "we need more whiney bitter conservatives..", all I will say is that we had 8 years of Conservative leadership...we ended up in 2 wars, one which we should have nothing to do with and one that will seem to never end. I have friends in the military that were so relieved to get a different perspective in command. What is wrong with seeing what the other side can do?

thebigfreeze=whiny bitter liberal
Technically, one war "thebigfreeze" Do your math. War on Terror=one war. Its not the wars on terror.

As to HW being a whiny conservative, that is stupid. He will rip into anyone equally. Just don't be stupid. Either way, I think WHWT is the biggest travesty of the show. Often unfunny and overloaded with overused adjectives and analogies, it reminds me of Family Guy. Only difference is that Family Guy is funny and on a visual medium. Doesn't translate.
kpaff3587 Wrote:Technically, one war "thebigfreeze" Do your math. War on Terror=one war. Its not the wars on terror.

As to HW being a whiny conservative, that is stupid. He will rip into anyone equally. Just don't be stupid. Either way, I think WHWT is the biggest travesty of the show. Often unfunny and overloaded with overused adjectives and analogies, it reminds me of Family Guy. Only difference is that Family Guy is funny and on a visual medium. Doesn't translate.

The segment is called "What Hot Wings Thinks" not "The Hot Wings Comedic Moment" It is often funny, but I don't believe that is the main point. Hot Wings stares for hours thinking up his thoughts, and they are just that: his thoughts.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
-Jiggy- Wrote:
thebigfreeze Wrote:And as for "we need more whiney bitter conservatives..", all I will say is that we had 8 years of Conservative leadership...we ended up in 2 wars, one which we should have nothing to do with and one that will seem to never end. I have friends in the military that were so relieved to get a different perspective in command. What is wrong with seeing what the other side can do?

I believe i have said I'm pretty middle of the road, i voted for GWB the last time.
thebigfreeze Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:

I believe i have said I'm pretty middle of the road, i voted for GWB the last time.
What does that prove? That almost 5 years ago you voted for a Republican. If your a liberal your a liberal, don't be ashamed.
Perhaps they should just change the name of the segment to "What Hot Wings Thinks about Obama"
Hurley Wrote:Perhaps they should just change the name of the segment to "What Hot Wings Thinks about Obama"
YES! exactly
thebigfreeze Wrote:Mayor I totally agree with everything you just said. Love the Wings but "What Hot Wings Thinks" deff has to go. They keep getting rid of all these awesome games and keeping the worste part of the show(sorry HW). It was the commentary on the budget cut that annoyed me too, because it seems like he is just looking for an exscuse to bash the president now, which is unfair, and he deff bashed on Bush too just not the same way. I still say he is prolly a little bitter.

OMG ITZ UNFAIRZ DAT HEZ TALKN BAD BOUT TEH PREZ!1!

'cause we all know it's unfair to criticize whoever you want on your own show.

i see a whiney bitter and his name is thebigfreeze.
beckyp Wrote:
thebigfreeze Wrote:Mayor I totally agree with everything you just said. Love the Wings but "What Hot Wings Thinks" deff has to go. They keep getting rid of all these awesome games and keeping the worste part of the show(sorry HW). It was the commentary on the budget cut that annoyed me too, because it seems like he is just looking for an exscuse to bash the president now, which is unfair, and he deff bashed on Bush too just not the same way. I still say he is prolly a little bitter.

OMG ITZ UNFAIRZ DAT HEZ TALKN BAD BOUT TEH PREZ!1!

'cause we all know it's unfair to criticize whoever you want on your own show.

i see a whiney bitter and his name is thebigfreeze.

SWEET JESUS!! She's back!! :clap: :clap:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
wow, ok i didn't realize so many consetvatives would be offended. sounds like your all bitter. what do i have to be bitter about? at any rate i was simply making an observation, saying that HW's has been more liekly to make fun of Obama's general administration than stupid things that he has and before one of you says it agian, yes they do make fun of him and its hilarious. but i don't recall him making fun of Bush's moves in the office as much. wow, please remove the sand form your clams
thebigfreeze Wrote:wow, ok i didn't realize so many consetvatives would be offended. sounds like your all bitter. what do i have to be bitter about? at any rate i was simply making an observation, saying that HW's has been more liekly to make fun of Obama's general administration than stupid things that he has and before one of you says it agian, yes they do make fun of him and its hilarious. but i don't recall him making fun of Bush's moves in the office as much. wow, please remove the sand form your clams

Sorry to disappoint you, but you haven't offended anyone, and especially not just "conservatives". We're all just pointing out that your argument is full of S. The Bush administration was chock full of fodder for the show, almost to the point of saturation. During the election HW and the other show members came down on all sides. I have archived podcasts for the past several years, if you'd like examples of the conservative side getting it, please send me a flash drive. Make sure it's at least a couple gigs.
thebigfreeze Wrote:wow, ok i didn't realize so many consetvatives would be offended. sounds like your all bitter. what do i have to be bitter about? at any rate i was simply making an observation, saying that HW's has been more liekly to make fun of Obama's general administration than stupid things that he has and before one of you says it agian, yes they do make fun of him and its hilarious. but i don't recall him making fun of Bush's moves in the office as much. wow, please remove the sand form your clams

[Image: baby_crying_closeup.jpg]
beckyp Wrote:[Image: baby_crying_closeup.jpg]

I just want to squeeze those little freezie cheeks!!!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Torque Wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you, but you haven't offended anyone, and especially not just "conservatives". We're all just pointing out that your argument is full of S. The Bush administration was chock full of fodder for the show, almost to the point of saturation. During the election HW and the other show members came down on all sides. I have archived podcasts for the past several years, if you'd like examples of the conservative side getting it, please send me a flash drive. Make sure it's at least a couple gigs.

you could just use the money you get from walking the streets at night to buy a fash drive...and how many times do i have to say yes, i know he made fun of Bush and did it a lot, but it seems like he likes to throw Obama under the bus for the littlest thing. My final post for this because i hate having to repeat myself, and obviously none of you get it. Love the show, love the wings...and that is all.
I do enjoy taking strolls at night, it's quite peaceful and you see some interesting sights.

Please do stop posting here, you're adding nothing new each time and ignoring facts just to whine. The "evolution" of your arguments:

1st Argument: HW is too quick to jump on Obama, he's more critical of him than of Bush!
Truth: FAIL, they both got it when they did stupid things
You concede: he did make fun of Bush too

2nd Argument: HW is looking for reasons to bash Obama
Truth: FAIL, he doesn't need to look for them, see above
You concede: he's done stupid things but we should give him a break

3rd Argument: HW is picking on Obama!
Truth: FAIL, again, see above
You concede: OK, he isn't making fun of Obama any more than of Bush, but its just not fair!

Apparently, what it boils down to is that you don't get why the show focuses on the CURRENT administration at the CURRENT time. 'Oh this is so unfair! Lay off Obama, you should be talking about the controversial policies of Rep. president Wm. Taft in 1912!'

Sorry, we're not going to all agree with you and pat you on the back for your fact-filled monograph here. Yes, WHWT's has been Obama-heavy lately, probably because the country's in a shitstorm and our leader promised change. Not my cup of tea to listen to, but I'd only be offended IF IT WASN'T TRUE. Do something constructive and email in some topic suggestions. Oh, wait, you just want to whine. I'm done too, got some streets to walk!
Confusedhock:

Holy hell, that was an awesome thing to witness!
Torque Wrote:I do enjoy taking strolls at night, it's quite peaceful and you see some interesting sights.

Please do stop posting here, you're adding nothing new each time and ignoring facts just to whine. The "evolution" of your arguments:

1st Argument: HW is too quick to jump on Obama, he's more critical of him than of Bush!
Truth: FAIL, they both got it when they did stupid things
You concede: he did make fun of Bush too

2nd Argument: HW is looking for reasons to bash Obama
Truth: FAIL, he doesn't need to look for them, see above
You concede: he's done stupid things but we should give him a break

3rd Argument: HW is picking on Obama!
Truth: FAIL, again, see above
You concede: OK, he isn't making fun of Obama any more than of Bush, but its just not fair!

Apparently, what it boils down to is that you don't get why the show focuses on the CURRENT administration at the CURRENT time. 'Oh this is so unfair! Lay off Obama, you should be talking about the controversial policies of Rep. president Wm. Taft in 1912!'

Sorry, we're not going to all agree with you and pat you on the back for your fact-filled monograph here. Yes, WHWT's has been Obama-heavy lately, probably because the country's in a shitstorm and our leader promised change. Not my cup of tea to listen to, but I'd only be offended IF IT WASN'T TRUE. Do something constructive and email in some topic suggestions. Oh, wait, you just want to whine. I'm done too, got some streets to walk!

I bow to your complete awsomeness!!! :clap: