Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleeps in Flashbacks
Did the FCC regulations change recently or something?

I have noticed in the flashbacks that they are bleeping things like Zane saying "mother effer" or "eff you hotwings." its weird, sounds like he really said the swears the first time.
Anyone know whats up with that? FCC catching on to swear word truncation?

Not that they never truncate words anymore but you don't hear them in some of the same contexts as before.
That's a good question that a lot of us have. It's odd that something was cool to say a year ago but now it has to be bleeped. I'm definitely interested in knowing if it's an FCC thing or just an effort by the guys to clean up the show's language so it's a little more accessable to viewers.

While I don't like the bleeps I can understand them. Heck, if I was Zane I'd do it just because my kids would be getting to the age where they might be listening to the show.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:That's a good question that a lot of us have. It's odd that something was cool to say a year ago but now it has to be bleeped. I'm definitely interested in knowing if it's an FCC thing or just an effort by the guys to clean up the show's language so it's a little more accessable to viewers.

While I don't like the bleeps I can understand them. Heck, if I was Zane I'd do it just because my kids would be getting to the age where they might be listening to the show.

Im not sure we should have to pay for his mistake of having kids.
I didnt actually say that previous comment, I had just read it on one of those blogs.
good point about the kids...also goes along with the conversation Zane had with his priest.

More likely though its to make the show a little more acceptable for a wider demographic so they can pick up some more stations for syndication. (probably goes back to the new "syndication guy.")
acb384 Wrote:More likely though its to make the show a little more acceptable for a wider demographic so they can pick up some more stations for syndication. (probably goes back to the new "syndication guy.")

This is what I've always figured.
Bottom line is it's their show and they run it the way they want. Look at it like they are inviting us in to listen on their conversations. Zane holding back on the mother effers doesn't take away the comedy for me. Get over it.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
i didn't notice but if they are censoring the abbreviated words then that is kind of lame. If it is an FCC thing then hey you can't really blame them, but if it is them then what the hell??

as far as zane's kids listening... well I am sure his kids hear him using profanity all the time.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
-Jiggy- Wrote:Bottom line is it's their show and they run it the way they want. Look at it like they are inviting us in to listen on their conversations. Zane holding back on the mother effers doesn't take away the comedy for me. Get over it.

Aren't replies like this usually supposed to be reserved for threads where a punch of people and whining? We're just discussing a change in the show that brought us all here. Relax.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:Bottom line is it's their show and they run it the way they want. Look at it like they are inviting us in to listen on their conversations. Zane holding back on the mother effers doesn't take away the comedy for me. Get over it.

Aren't replies like this usually supposed to be reserved for threads where a punch of people and whining? We're just discussing a change in the show that brought us all here. Relax.

Relax??? Didn't know I was worked up?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Going back and reading this, your right Mayor. Consider this my formal edit of my original post. I'm keeping everything I said but take out the "get over it" part. Not sure why I put that in there. :oops:
-Jiggy- Wrote:Going back and reading this, your right Mayor. Consider this my formal edit of my original post. I'm keeping everything I said but take out the "get over it" part. Not sure why I put that in there. :oops:

You were peobably trying to run off more members! :lol:

If I give you a few names, can you try to run them off? Lets start with that Howie character...
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
Rock Monster Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:Going back and reading this, your right Mayor. Consider this my formal edit of my original post. I'm keeping everything I said but take out the "get over it" part. Not sure why I put that in there. :oops:

If I give you a few names, can you try to run them off? Lets start with that Howie character...

I don't think I could even if I wanted to. I'm still not even sure I know what I did in the first place though to run the other one off?
I've noticed and I hate it.

Censoring already censored material? Pretty lame.
I agree. Bleeping already censored material, makes it seem like the guys are using much rougher language than they actually are.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
It's not consistently done so it can't be an FCC noose-tightening.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
It's funny to listen online where you get to hear the swears. Like this morning when that stupid hick said "shit". What a moron.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:It's funny to listen online where you get to hear the swears. Like this morning when that stupid hick said "shit". What a moron.
Yup! I was listening online once and got to hear a rare moment when Zane himself said something so heinous that Freebeer had to dump him. It wasn't a swear, but it was rough for sure.
As an internet listener, I was DELIGHTED.
-Jiggy- Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:

I don't think I could even if I wanted to. I'm still not even sure I know what I did in the first place though to run the other one off?

I have been in contact with all the members you have run off. FBHW's have agreed to sponsor a "cage match" style event set in Springfield, IL at their upcoming tour to settle all grievances.
Email Zane for details.
Can I pretend to hate Jiggy so I can fight him in said event?
I think it would be funny to watch a 2 v 1 cage match between Biff and Pothole verses Titan. :clap:
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
plungerhand Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:

I have been in contact with all the members you have run off. FBHW's have agreed to sponsor a "cage match" style event set in Springfield, IL at their upcoming tour to settle all grievances.
Email Zane for details.

Wow! There's really a "list" of people that have left because of me. Big Grin

I would be proud and honored to fight every one of those bastards. You can't fight me Mark, you gotta be my trainer. You probably know pressure points and stuff.
Damn, I was hoping to throw down.

...I DO know how to inflict various amounts of pain on people though.
-Jiggy- Wrote:
plungerhand Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:

Email Zane for details.

Wow! There's really a "list" of people that have left because of me. Big Grin

I would be proud and honored to fight every one of those bastards. You can't fight me Mark, you gotta be my trainer. You probably know pressure points and stuff.

Well that does it....I'm outta dis bitch, I hate you Jiggy and want to fight.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Hey Mark, we need to train for zdunklee first. I figure we can begin with the lightweights and just work our way up.
-Jiggy- Wrote:Hey Mark, we need to train for zdunklee first. I figure we can begin with the lightweights and just work our way up.

Yea you better train for me first......hey wait a minute... :?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
[drop]"Sounds kinda gay"[/drop]
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Thanks for contributing to the wussification of america guys!
Why is it now when they replay old segments they've started adding beeps to words they say all the time, like bitch?
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3011</a><!-- l -->

First page, dude.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown