Poll: Do you think they should Get rid of What Hot Wings Thinks?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No I like it
63.41%
26 63.41%
Yes I hate it
17.07%
7 17.07%
I could go either way
14.63%
6 14.63%
Lets see what Joe thinks
4.88%
2 4.88%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Hot Wings Thinks...Yes or No?
Lets start out by saying Hot Wings is awesome! But What Hot Wings thinks...not so much. I think that the guys need to see the opinion of the listeners and make a decision on this. Lets see what everyone thinks...ha.
I like to hear what joe thinks
bigpapa1 Wrote:I like to hear what joe thinks

Way to give away the only person who voted that way. Wink :lol:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
There's not a chance in hell that they are going to get rid of it because it is well liked, and only takes up, what, 2 minutes of each day. Change the station when it comes on if you don't like it. They go to commercial right after anyway, so you won't miss anything if you just flip the station for like 5 minutes.
3/30/2009 1:38 PM Loose Wendy wrote: "I would rather masturbate using a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire than have sex with Joe."
The more he discusses it he could be onto the Joe thing though (or Zane). Still keep around HW's commentary and it could be point/counterpoint.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Its just what hot wings thinks, sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't but its just his opinion. And until the Government starts banning people from having their opinions, he's entitled to it.
Sometimes he surprises me and talks about something that most people aren't in the know about, and it makes me look up more information on the subject and form my own opinion.

It only takes a few minutes out of the airing to do, so if don't like it that is your opinion. you could turn to something else for those few minutes, sing a little song, yell at the radio, whatever you want. (thats what I do to the gross Joe stunts)

But as long as his name is on the radio show, that's what we'll hear.

The only thing I wish is that they did it either earlier or a little later, so that I can either hear it in my car and not be late for work, or so I have time to get to my office and turn the radio on in there.

Nothing against you personally thebigfreeze Big Grin (god, all we need is more people getting mad and leaving)
Damn it RM you posted what I was thinking :lol:
I don't like WHWT. It's funny about once a month. But like everyone else has said, it takes up approximately 5 minutes a day (both playings combined) so unless a vast majority of the fanbase completely turned on it or HW got sick and tired of doing it they won't cut the segment. It's not a big deal but I do enjoy jabbing it from time to time for fun.

Thankfully, I'm a podcaster so I can skip the replay. Wink
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I for one am a WHWT fan. And I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let you people take this away from me!!!!

(begins slow clap)
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hotwings writes his commentary EVERY SINGLE DAY.
That being said, it's not always going to be hilarious -- they can't all be gems.
Mark the Valet Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hotwings writes his commentary EVERY SINGLE DAY.
That being said, it's not always going to be hilarious -- they can't all be gems.

True dat! Even baseball players get paid big bucks to bat a .300.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I don't hate WHWT, its not my favorite segment either. I have just been in discussions with friends and other listeners and found that more often than not people don't really enjoy the segment. Unfortunatly most of them don't coem onto the message board. they deff wouldn't get rid of it, its a staple of the show like Dumber than zane or the joe stunt, which other people may not like. Most of the time its just boring to me.
You know what the topic is beforehand so I either listen if it interests me or I find something else to do. I can take it or leave it. Most of the time it's on when I'm in the middle of getting the kids ready for school.
A looooong time ago it was funny. I used to love it. But now......it's the worst part of the show.

Also, you should bring the dude back. Wink

Justin
Keep it.
I say keep it. I think an improvement was when they went to a taped version for the second airing, it keeps the reactions of Free Beer and Zane authentic. Plus its better now that Hot Wings doesn't force a quote in at the end of each commentary.

Plus, Free Beer has Sportier Than Thou, Zane has Dumber Than Zane, this is Hot Wings' thing, and for the week it still probably takes up less time than the segments the other two get.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
BWN 7 Wrote:I for one am a WHWT fan. And I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let you people take this away from me!!!!

(begins slow clap)
[Image: citizenkane.gif]
Is the person who transcribes them on here? Somedays I would like to have them to send to people!
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!