Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official "Bring Back STS" Thread
Through some recent discussions about various segments, I've seen many people make comments that they think Stump The Show shouldn't have gotten put on the chopping block. Post here if you support a return of this segment.

I can see the frustration that is had when the callers call in with brainless questions, but that was part of the fun of it for me. I enjoyed yelling at my radio, telling some faceless voice that they're a moron. And when a question was good, I enjoyed trying to figure out the answer.
I'm not heart broken about this like I am Name That Tune but I definitely never had a problem with it. It was funny to me when you would get 5 people in a row saying, "Hey guys, what's up?" I would be in support of it coming back.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Stump the show is cool. If not stump the show, they need to use thier vast creative powers and come up with some new games. The games are half the fun. However, having said that, the fact that they got sooooo frustrated with the callers, to me, IS whats made STS funny.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I'm absolutely for bringing back "Stump the Show." They get mad when the callers are stupid. That's expected. If I was a host and all the callers were retarded then I'd be mad as well. But as a listener, STS is at it's best when the guys get frustrated. So bring it back!

Also, bring back "Uncanny Impressions." I dug that game since it wasn't ultra competitive and FB thought it was cute to say that the next impression was worth 23 and a half points.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:They get mad when the callers are stupid. That's expected. If I was a host and all the callers were retarded then I'd be mad as well. But as a listener, STS is at it's best when the guys get frustrated. So bring it back!

Exactly!

I can see how they'd get real frustrated real fast with crappy calls/questions, but for me, there's nothing like hearing them rip into some dope on the phone.
While it's funny to hear the guys insult the crap out of people, it seemed like every week of Stump the Show just DRAGGED along.

If they do bring it back, they need to play the Wheel of Bad Games music in the background like they used to. Made the game seem more like a game instead of idiots asking stupid questions.
Stump the Show will be back. It will be a while, but it will come back.
I shall eagerly await that day.
it does have some good humor
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
potthole Wrote:Through some recent discussions about various segments, I've seen many people make comments that they think Stump The Show shouldn't have gotten put on the chopping block. Post here if you support a return of this segment.

I can see the frustration that is had when the callers call in with brainless questions, but that was part of the fun of it for me. I enjoyed yelling at my radio, telling some faceless voice that they're a moron. And when a question was good, I enjoyed trying to figure out the answer.

Echo.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Ditto the echo.

Stump the Show was fun.
Wowie Groovie !