Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Game Debuts on Monday
Any thoughts as to what it might be? Speculation is fun - bring your best/funniest!!!

PS - This does NOT make up for the shelving of NTT.
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
I'm so damn depressed about NTT...this game had better be good.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Reaally!!! Coool!!!
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
They've seemed to enjoy playing First Words from time-to-time. Maybe it'll be something similar to that?
Here's hoping the game is "Pin the Bar of Soap on Kurt Busch."
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:Here's hoping the game is "Pin the Bar of Soap on Kurt Busch."
Why ruin a perfectly good bar of soap?
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
It was an entertainingly colossal failure. Where were all the musically talented? They all don't sleep til 3 in the afternoon!
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
NTT was actually my least favorite segment so I'm not too sad to see it go. But I am looking forward to Monday's game. I also can't wait for another Family Fued.
I would have to say that it will hopefully be kickass, because NTT brought on so many funny situations and other things that it was worth keeping. The melane song alone is good enough for that, but there were a lot of good moments brought up from the game, not to mention the game itself was fun.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Stephen Hawking Sings....I kinda like it.... :thumbup:
When did the new game start? Have they done it yet?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Yea they did it. funny lol
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:Yea they did it. funny lol
And what was it (what time?)? I overslept and missed it too....
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
The game must have been:

"Let's talk about the new game starting on Monday for 2 weeks so that everyone tunes in" game.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
It was pretty funny but over way too quickly. I think they need to do a couple groups of 5 songs and each winner gets entered into a drawing for the ipod. I got 3 out of 5 but it took 2 listens. Go Stephen!

As for my previous post, I was referring to the "Four Sponge Morning" contest which was not in fact the new game. What should have made that clear to me was the fact that it occurred on Friday and not today. Oops.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I don't want to sound like a naysayer but I didn't really care for "Stephen Hawking Sings." There was no real fan interaction which is the lynchpin that holds most games together. I think this game has a really short shelflife since the bulk of the entertainment seems to be making Stephen Hawking jokes. Sorry guys, but I don't think this game will last as long as "Kazoo Time."

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I don't want to sound like a naysayer but I didn't really care for "Stephen Hawking Sings." There was no real fan interaction which is the lynchpin that holds most games together. I think this game has a really short shelflife since the bulk of the entertainment seems to be making Stephen Hawking jokes. Sorry guys, but I don't think this game will last as long as "Kazoo Time."
I hate to say it but I agree 100%. I don't really like dissing segments on the show too much but that wasn't fun or funny. Not to beat a dead horse here but I will. I think the only answer here is old school Name That Tune to make a return.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
pretty much indifferent to this new game....they are slowly trying to kill them all I think
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Initial reaction is that I'm not sold on this game. I'm willing to give it a couple more tries, though, before I consider it to be a turd.
potthole Wrote:Initial reaction is that I'm not sold on this game. I'm willing to give it a couple more tries, though, before I consider it to be a turd.

You don't seem to like change... Smile
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I wonder what the guys think when they come here for input and see that the negative reactions to a lot of the stuff that they've been doing recently.

In all honesty, it seems to me that the changes they've made in trying to acquire more stations for the show to be syndicated on (no more truncated swear words, bleeping already edited material, getting rid of some of the staples games of the show) is actually turning away faithful listeners.

There's a reason people don't like change, and it's because the show that we got to know and love is pretty different now.
From your lips to Free Beer and Hotwings's ears.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Philly Mike Wrote:You don't seem to like change... Smile

Got a problem with that?
Mark the Valet Wrote:I wonder what the guys think when they come here for input and see that the negative reactions to a lot of the stuff that they've been doing recently.

In all honesty, it seems to me that the changes they've made in trying to acquire more stations for the show to be syndicated on (no more truncated swear words, bleeping already edited material, getting rid of some of the staples games of the show) is actually turning away faithful listeners.

There's a reason people don't like change, and it's because the show that we got to know and love is pretty different now.

Agreed, I won't be changing the channel anytime soon. But I miss the days of Zane screaming GODDAMNIT! which turned to GD IT and is now *beep*. I miss NTT mock sessions and listener challenge games. Again, they're still my favorite show and I'd much rather get an STD peehole swab test before turning to Bob and Tom.. but I miss the old stuff
I'm all for change. There's nothing wrong with it. My only issue is that so much is changing so quickly. I never had a problem when PA Pranks disappeared because logically they ran out of names and stores that didn't recognize Zane immediately. Idiot of the Day seemed forced at times so I wasn't terribly heartbroken when it disappeared.

But dropping 2 of the 3 games that I would consider staples of the program within a few weeks of each other? Yeah, that's screwed up.

It's ridiculous to think that they're going to lose a lot of listeners over this. I mean, if they thought there was a chance of that happened they wouldn't drop the games. But it still does really suck. My Fridays are literally a little less fun now that I don't have Name That Tune to kick it off. Sad

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Wow, the stephen hawking bit completely sucked. The only good thing it did was turn me on to Young MC. It was not entertaining, nor funny, and in comparison to NTT it was a disaster. I hate to be hating on them like this and be all pissy, but its the truth.

I really don't understand that in the face of an overwhelming NEGATIVE reaction to taking away NTT they still refuse to bring it back. Their most faithful listeners are telling them that it was a bad decision, not to mention the game was loved by almost EVERYBODY, including the listeners who only listen for 30 minutes, and they are still sticking to their guns. How stubborn can they be?
wait...what's wrong with the new game?? Seems to me they are just trying way to hard to make it great right away. I say blow them all up. No more.
Well, it's been nice knowing you "Stephen Hawking Sings". Of course, it will probably outlast "Sportier Than Thou" which I have no idea why this is still an active game. *shrug*
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
How bad did Free Beer beat you?

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:How bad did Free Beer beat you?

*snort*

Never played. I'd get my ass handed to me too.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
ha. I played STT the week after the airhorn was first introduced. I only got schooled 6-3.
Another time I was on hold and Marissa came back on the line to talk to me and hung up on me. I would have tied him that day...unlike the minger that got only 1 right
I got my ass kicked a little over a year ago. Don't remember what Free Beer got, but I had two.

They always say to not call in if you're only good in one sport, which is my case (baseball), but I figured I might get lucky. At the time, Zane admitted he would take most of his questions from the sport(s) that were in session at that time of the year. When I played the only major league sport season that was going on was baseball, so I was hoping that there would be a fair number of baseball related questions.

Boy was that not the case. My two points came from the only two baseball questions-- the other eight were all college basketball and 1980's NFL.
plumpenut Wrote:ha. I played STT the week after the airhorn was first introduced. I only got schooled 6-3.
Another time I was on hold and Marissa came back on the line to talk to me and hung up on me. I would have tied him that day...unlike the minger that got only 1 right

Well, if only I'd known you were so amazing... Maybe you should notify me next time. Wink
My latest Free Beer-ism: "Did the light lamp up? ...Wait did I just have a sword cramble? AHHHHG"
Caught the second installement of Steven Hawking on my podcast today...

Baseball gives a batter three strikes, so next week better be a hit or a ball, because this game is about to get rung up in my book.
For reals. Even "Match Game" was hilarious one of the three or four times they played it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
............ yikes.... sorry... stephen hawking sings is ggggaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!! please just admit you effed up and bring back ntt! :thumbdown:
Steven Hawking sings continues to be run out and NTT smolders in the background?

The thing about Stump the Show was that it was at least early enough in the morning that not a lot of people were awake to hear it or participate. I wonder if they changed the time of the segment if it might draw in better participation.

That said, why in God's name is Sportier than Thou still a segment? The only thing good about it is when they have a clueless minger on there. Even the "summon El Matador" bit has gotten stale.

If we're going to be labeled the "bitter board" then let's bring the bitter! Angel :evil: :wave:
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:Steven Hawking sings continues to be run out and NTT smolders in the background?

The thing about Stump the Show was that it was at least early enough in the morning that not a lot of people were awake to hear it or participate. I wonder if they changed the time of the segment if it might draw in better participation.

That said, why in God's name is Sportier than Thou still a segment? The only thing good about it is when they have a clueless minger on there. Even the "summon El Matador" bit has gotten stale.

If we're going to be labeled the "bitter board" then let's bring the bitter! Angel :evil: :wave:

new thread?