Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exaggeration on videos?
Does anyone else find their description on videos that they watch to be exaggerated? After you hear them describe it and then go watch it yourself? Like recently, for example, the bus driver texting and smashing into a vehicle. I pictured the vehicle being thrown a lot more than it was.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
Yeah sometimes I do but I can see the dilemma of having to describe video over the radio. I would rather them build it up then describing it in boring detail.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
Yeah. But really, what should they do? Undersell the video so nobody watches?
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I can't really remember a video they mentioned that I was actually disappointed with. Then again, there's always some I never bother to view because I'm not interested. When taken into consideration the amount of videos that I enjoy even more than I thought I would, I'd say it happens the other way around a majority of the time.

For example- Red House furniture. I thought it was hilarious just hearing it several times on the show. The video was even better than I expected and gets funnier the more I watch it.

I don't know why I watched the biceps-steriod-guy video but I did, and it really did look like someone shoved a loaf of bread into each arm. I found his physique more disgusting than the hematoma. But I digress...
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
I can't really remember a video they mentioned that I was actually disappointed with. Then again, there's always some I never bother to view because I'm not interested. When taken into consideration the amount of videos that I enjoy even more than I thought I would, I'd say it happens the other way around a majority of the time.

For example- Red House furniture. I thought it was hilarious just hearing it several times on the show. The video was even better than I expected and gets funnier the more I watch it.

I don't know why I watched the biceps-steriod-guy video but I did, and it really did look like someone shoved a loaf of bread into each arm. I found his physique more disgusting than the hematoma. But I digress...
Actually I thought they described the bus driver video quite well. That dude slammed into that car.
remember

1 picture = 1000 words

1 second of video = 24 pictures

1 minute video = 784 million words
Wowie Groovie !
I think that little fact needs to go into the "Did you know that" thread.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Maybe we should verify with Ask Howie that Titan's transitive theory holds up
That shark did not have two mouths as described. It had one mouth that extended. Tho still cool and crazy looking.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
The moray eel has the real thing- a crazy set of second jaws that grabs the prey from the first main jaws and snatches it down into the stomach:

[Image: moray_xray.jpg]

[Image: moray_jaws.gif]

I could only find a short lame video of it, you can barely see the second set come up and grab the food they gave the thing. I'll try to find a better one

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://pharyngula.org/images/moray_sm.mov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://pharyngula.org/images/moray_sm.mov</a><!-- m -->
whoa, thats Alien movie esque.
Apparently those things can get to be 13ft long! They warned us to stay away from them while snorkeling in Tahiti
holy crap. im never going into the ocean again
Wowie Groovie !
Sweetness times 10!
Here's one biting a man's thumb off. Happens at about the 2:50.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsbdrx-sOXo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsbdrx-sOXo</a><!-- m -->
I think it's tough to really go over videos like they do in the first place. With a video, of course the number one way to experience what's going on is to actually SEE it, so they have to compensate a bit with their descriptions.

I really haven't been let down as of yet.