Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportier Than Thou<<<NTT
I post this here because I feel it was not given its due diligence in its discussion in the Name That Tune thread. Free Beer openly admitted NTT felt tired to them. The valid argument here is, STT is not tired? Its the exact same thing every week. FB got angry because all the songs went Zane's way in NTT, yet seemingly every sports question goes free beer's way in STT. It is boring. I used to listen to it on my way to work, but it is past intolerable at this point. A better idea would have Sportier than (show member) or another gimmick. They tried it with NTT and it did not work, but I would much rather hear Hot Wings responses to basic sports questions and hope for comedy gold than Free Beer correctly answer the first pick in the 1978 NHL entry draft. If the show is supposedly enacting sweeping changes on their own, this is one that should heartily be looked into. Rarely does humor come from the segment (other than the airhorn) and it is not fun for listeners or even competitors. Do justice to the show and try to get back in the good graces of the listeners and CAN STT! It nearly happened once. It should happen now. Thoughts?
keep it
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I still like STT, but will agree, not as much as the classic version of Name That Tune.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
I'm not a sports fan at all, but I enjoy STT
I definitely see where your coming from in your arguments. I would argue that STT should stay the way it is and NTT go back to original format. By original I mean before KB started doing the list. Random songs...no theme!!
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I agree, can it.
STT is ok....I really don't listen so much to find out if FB wins because it's like USC playing Cal Poly St. in football. But it's funny when Zane makes fun of the callers, especially when they get like 1 right.

But I don't see it really as much a contest really since it's so lopsided.
I want Name Than Tune back in it's original format as much as the next person but I don't think the right way to go about it is bagging on the few games that the show still has. It's not like if Sportier Than Thou goes away it'll suddenly clear room for Name That Tune. As Free Beer said, there's far more to it than that since Name Than Tune is the easier thing for them to plan.

So really, all this thread is accomplishing is trying to get rid of one of the couple of games that still exists. It's not going to help NTT return.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:So really, all this thread is accomplishing is trying to get rid of one of the couple of games that still exists. It's not going to help NTT return.

I am not trying to bring back NTT. I am making the point that if FB claims it felt tired the way it was, why would they not examine EVERY game that was tired, especially one that has been on the chopping block before. Of all the games, this is the one with LEAST audience participation and victory and least amusement for listeners. Like I said, the only time it is tolerable is if there is a MASSIVE upset of Free Beer (exceedingly rare) or if the air horn goes off. Those are the only two reasons to listen. There is no prize, because it would never be given away, and the competition is an all time low. Before you shoot your internet wisdom off next time, read the post, you effing tool. I simply look for rationale as to why a largely popular fan game with participation and prizes gets canned but a lowly interesting, no prized stomp over gets brought back every week. I'm implying their rationale for "tired" NTT doesn't qualify. Give STT a retooling, which I also recommended. Have other show members do it, maybe then it'd be entertaining or competitive. Isn't that the ultimate point on the show? Not to have a show member win 7-2? EFf off.
We're all kind of scratching our heads that the game that every member openly admitted they "loved" or "was their favorite" got canned while games that members repeatedly say they
"effing hate" remain.

FB was generous enough to post some insight and while I, like several others, still have our doubts, the fact is, we're not members of the show and we don't know what's goes on behind the scenes.

Keeping it fresh involves many tweaks and failures. I'll be the first to admit I'm upset about no NTT, was less than thrilled with STT, frustrated with STS, and bored with Paired with an Idiot. However, I'm trying to keep an open and optimistic mind about all these recent changes and trying not to whine.

But I still miss NTT making my Friday.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Torque Wrote:We're all kind of scratching our heads that the game that every member openly admitted they "loved" or "was their favorite" got canned while games that members repeatedly say they
"effing hate" remain.

FB was generous enough to post some insight and while I, like several others, still have our doubts, the fact is, we're not members of the show and we don't know what's goes on behind the scenes.

Keeping it fresh involves many tweaks and failures. I'll be the first to admit I'm upset about no NTT, was less than thrilled with STT, frustrated with STS, and bored with Paired with an Idiot. However, I'm trying to keep an open and optimistic mind about all these recent changes and trying not to whine.

But I still miss NTT making my Friday.
There are other ways to make your Friday(s).....
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
Do tell Mr. Coy
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Torque Wrote:Do tell Mr. Coy
Angel Wink
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
Wow. How thrilling that we lost NTT, but keep STT and we now get Stephen Hawking sings? This game is a REAL stinker, and let us hope it dies soon. That listener was right last week, it is too easy to google the lyrics. Uh-oh, hope HW doesn't get all pissy!

Again, I will reiterate, Why do we have STT and Stephen Hawking sings but NTT falls by the wayside? :thumbdown: :?
As long as Joe continues to call "El Matador" back into the studio in the same way, they can do STT forever as far as I'm concerned