Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
135th Derby Longshot
Some people made a lot of money on "Mine That Bird"- a 51-1 longshot who went from dead last to first. Even if you aren't into the "sport of kings" the finish was amazing to watch, he slipped through the inside and made the rest of the field look like they were standing still. Bonus: no tragic deaths this year. It was the second greatest payout in the history of the race, the first being "Donerail" who won in 1913.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4128506" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4128506</a><!-- m -->

At least watch it for those elvish little bulemic jockeys!
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
can't handle the derby. too many stupid hats.
dingdongyo Wrote:can't handle the derby. too many stupid hats.

Yeah, but at least it helps with the butter faces. Honestly I think mint juleps kind of suck.
This jocky was on Jay Leno the other night...he seemed like a neat guy, although very emotional. I'm kinda glad that someone won who was in it just for the fun of it, and not some jerk with a $3,000,000 horse.
The next day my alarm goes off and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
Open my window and a breeze rolls in and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of sixth sense I JIZZED IN MY PANTS
The jockey won't be riding Mine That Bird again in the Preakness. Although Mine That Bird seems pretty frisky these days I'm surprised they're racing him in the 2nd leg. Usually when a horse unexpectedly wins the derby they skip the Preakness and give them a longer break for the Belmont, which is the last of the Triple Crown and a grueling 1.5 miles.