Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk science
So, apparently there isn't enough science talk here on the FBHW message boards. So, I'm using my powers of awesomeness to get this baby rolling on the science talk.

Topic: Science

GO !

I'll get the ball rolling.

I think science is good cause it makes us learn new stuff, and it's how we got the internet and cool cars like Corvettes.
Wowie Groovie !
is the moon a planet or is the moon the moon Smile
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I do believe the the moon is the moon, and not a planet.

Did you know theres a moon of Jupiter named Titan? That is how awesome I am, I have a whole F'ing moon named after me
Wowie Groovie !
that right there is too much science for me....i gotta check out for awhile
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Titan is also Jupiters largest planet, I think it's close to Earth's size....but i'm not certain
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
[drop]You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.[/drop]
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
All I ever needed to know about science I learned from Bill Nye.
Sweet!!! Finally a science topic.

You guys should check this out: http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html? - it, like, has something to do with someone named Isaac or a story or something. It may spark some debate, I've heard. I haven't actually ever clicked this link but you know....you guys might want to.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
I've got a topic: Black Holes - real, or not real?

Ready...... GO!!
I believe there are a lucky few who have witnessed black holes and lived to tell the tale.

[Image: 300_111318.jpg]
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
-Jiggy- Wrote:I believe there are a lucky few who have witnessed black holes and lived to tell the tale.

[Image: 300_111318.jpg]
[Image: lolcat_unseen.jpg]
I came in here for the science and had my eyes blinded....son of a...good thing doctors practice science cause now I need one.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Land mammal..... ummmmm.... The dolphin?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Is the moon a planet, or is the moon the moon?
...??? why is this in touchy subject?
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Maybe you just don't realize how controversial science really is. Science is the reason why religion just ain't what it used to be.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
-Jiggy- Wrote:Sweet!!! Finally a science topic.

You guys should check this out: http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html? - it, like, has something to do with someone named Isaac or a story or something. It may spark some debate, I've heard. I haven't actually ever clicked this link but you know....you guys might want to.

I disagree with the author's use of the word "sufficed" as the fifth word in the seventh paragraph. Just doesn't fit.
in 9th grade lab science, my lab partner for the whole semester was this totally smoking hot girl. And on the day of our 2nd lab, she didn't wear a bra and I totally saw her left nip. I didn't skip school that entire semester after that. Science class was awesome.

And, when a thermometer would break, the teacher would just throw it into a box and you could take them, heat them up and get the mercury out. I had a little bowl with about 2 or 3 tablespoons worth of mercury. It was fun to play with. Nowadays ? not so much.
Wowie Groovie !
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Titan is also Jupiters largest planet, I think it's close to Earth's size....but i'm not certain

Titan isn't a planet, it's a satellite of Jupiter, i.e. a Moon.
GOD get your facts straight!
Did you know you can re arrange science to spell nieces!! Seriously, you try. :eh:
potthole Wrote:All I ever needed to know about science I learned from Bill Nye.
one day in class, we were given a bunch of crap and told to "invent" something with it. nobody knew what the hell to do. i made his hovercraft with a balloon and a spool glued to a styrofoam plate. came up with some bullshit story to go with it, like it was used to send messages or something.
when it actually hovered, i owned 3rd grade.
Fire + Cremora (coffee creamer) = large fire ball and vanilla/hazelnut scented fire.

Coke + menthos = spewy coke fountain

Pyrodex + the cardboard tubes that are in the center of plastic veggie bag rolls at Meijer + coffee creamer + fuses = firey awesome.

Science. It works, bitches.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Mark the Valet Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Titan is also Jupiters largest planet, I think it's close to Earth's size....but i'm not certain

Titan isn't a planet, it's a satellite of Jupiter, i.e. a Moon.
GOD get your facts straight!

i meant moon...my brain was thinking the rigth word but my fingers typed the wrong one.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
alcohol poured on the lab table and spread out over enough area, will catch fire and burn quickly.
Wowie Groovie !
I sold my science book for money. Then bought Subway.
I can't believe I JUST found this thread. I love science, some of my fondest memories took place in labs- fires, explosions, turning my left arm turquoise, putting real fiberglass down my stupid lab partners shirt, creating a compound my Australian lab tech leader declared "worse than meth, you should sell this S"...
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Science class was the best...my teacher burned off his fingerprints to show us this one chemical...and tons of girls burned their hair. Too bad ponytail holders weren't invented until last week.
The next day my alarm goes off and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
Open my window and a breeze rolls in and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS
When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of sixth sense I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

So wait, the machine is god ?
Wowie Groovie !
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IlHgbOWj4o[/youtube]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Biff, I think I just fell a little bit in love with you for that.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
Titan! Wrote:

No no no no no.

The machine's control the Matrix. The flying spaghetti monster is God.
stopsign Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:

No no no no no.

The machine's control the Matrix. The flying spaghetti monster is God.

... nooooo. solid proof that google is god <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scripture/Proof_Google_Is_God.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Script ... s_God.html</a><!-- m -->
Looks like I'll be converting.
Holy crap.

I cannot remain silent anymore.

Titan is a moon of SATURN, not Jupiter. It's the only moon in the solar system that we know to have its own atmosphere.

The major moons of Jupiter - the Galilean satellites (named for Galileo, since he discovered them) are Io, Europa, Callisto, and Ganymede. Not Titan.

Ok...carry on...
Holy crap, you guys just got a science ass kicking by Golden Throat. Ouch.
Wowie Groovie !
len Wrote:Holy crap.

I cannot remain silent anymore.

Titan is a moon of SATURN, not Jupiter. It's the only moon in the solar system that we know to have its own atmosphere.

The major moons of Jupiter - the Galilean satellites (named for Galileo, since he discovered them) are Io, Europa, Callisto, and Ganymede. Not Titan.

Ok...carry on...

sooooooo.... you are trying to say that there is a photographer out there that actually has his own atmosphere???
Farts don't count as atmosphere...Len should know that!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Farts don't count as atmosphere...Len should know that!
let him be, i think after being on the radio for 10 years the mind turns to mush... so what does that mean once you reach over 20 years...?
Philly Mike Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Farts don't count as atmosphere...Len should know that!
let him be, i think after being on the radio for 10 years the mind turns to mush... so what does that mean once you reach over 20 years...?

Pudding?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."

Farts = Methane. Methane + ozone = atmosphere