Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer get together / carpool to Springfield
Anyone interested in either of these things ?

possible get together ideas:

Dinner and a whitecaps game OR just a whitecaps game

Dinner somewhere

Beer time

Also there's been some talk about possibly getting a car pool togetehr to join the fun at the Springfield whopp de doo

So ?
Wowie Groovie !
I'm game for whatever as a summer get together, and I'm planning on going to Springfield.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
But how will I continue to remain an anonymous person if I actually meet you in real life?
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Hang out with you losers? I'll pass. Angel
potthole Wrote:Hang out with you losers? I'll pass. Angel

Well since you won't be there there won't be any losers to hang out with Wink
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Well played, sir.
I'd be up for it.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Orz and Howie and I were thinking maybe Hopcat,

But, I'm thinking that if we do go there, a Friday or Saturday might not be the best just because of how busy they are.

So, how does Hopcat on a Thursday or Sunday or other weekday sound ?

Or brave the crowds and go on a Friday or Saturday

Or is there another place more suited ?

Orz mentioned GR brewing company
Wowie Groovie !
Eff GR let's meet in K-zoo
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
If you find a place closeby in GR that has at least 1 (good) pool table, I will come and personally take on all challengers and get my ass handed to me repeatedly.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Ya know.... The BOB might not be a bad spot, several eating options and theyve got pool and video games, and 4 or 5 bars, plus DR Grins as an afterwords ?
Wowie Groovie !
I'd be up for a trip to Hopcat, a Thursday or Sunday would probably work.
Thursdays or Sundays are fine by me for a GR get together.

Unfortunately, I just realized that a vacation that the fiancee and I were planning to go on with my family might be around that timeframe. We could get to Springfield because we'd either be heading south, or coming back from the south on that date, so we couldn't carpool. Of course, this is all going on the June 13th date.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Ok, II'll throw this out as a date and time, and see if it works for everyone.

June 7th 4:00 pm, Grand Rapids Brewing Company

Yes or no ?
Wowie Groovie !
:thumbdown: No. That's one of the few Sundays I can't do it. Sad

May 31st ?
Wowie Groovie !
I can do that one. :thumbup:

I'm playing in a pool tournament May 29th, 30th, 31st.
Possibly. Depends on how much money is dropped on anniversary dinner that Friday.
Alright, maybe the world revolving around my schedule is a bad thing.

I want to make it a date that's good for as many people as possible.

everyone take a look at your calendars and see which upcoming Sunday or Thursday works best.
Wowie Groovie !
Sundays good, Thursdays bad because I never know when I am getting out of work during the week, could be 2pm could be 9pm.
We were in chat earlier this morning wondering if the Springfield event was still on because there is nothing on WQLZ's website promoting it.

I just talked to FB and he said he spoke with them last week and they said it was still on. However, they have not booked their flights, etc. yet, but their chances at still going look very good.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
This sunday is bad for me, next thursday and sunday is ok.

Sunday May 31st

5:00pm Grand Rapids Brewing Company

Yes or no ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Sunday May 31st

Yes or no ?

I'm cool with that.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Titan! Wrote:Sunday May 31st

Yes or no ?

Tentative yes. Depends on if I decide to get some Johnny Walker Blue with dinner on Friday.
lol more like Johnny Walker Blue Balls. HA !

(Sorry had to)

You don't necessarily have to eat an entire meal of food, you can come and just have a beer. (I think someone in attendance owes you at least one possibly 2 by that time)
Wowie Groovie !
I'm in.

Okay then, let's set it in concrete

May 31 (Sunday)

5:00pm

Grand Rapids Brewing Company

3689 28th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Let me know via PM if you're planning to come so I can get a table large enough for all of us
Wowie Groovie !
I am in.
sweetness times 10

so far confirmed

Me,
Orz and her boy
Mad Dog
and Zdunk

If he's not too hung over Potthole might be there
Wowie Groovie !
If I'm hungover two days after a scotch with dinner, something is seriously wrong.
I think I can make it.
I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.
nurveen Wrote:I think I can make it.

Excellent ! Welcome ! It should be a lot of fun. Good Food, Great beer, and mediocre company. :thumbup:
Wowie Groovie !
And Loose Wendy might be there. Can't forget that.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
YES ! ! !

We got a semi committment from Loose Wendy today, depending on her work schedule. :ugeek:
Wowie Groovie !
Annnnd the final bump for this particular get together.

5:00pm this Sunday (31st)

Grand Rapids Brewing Company
3689 28th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
(616) 285-5970

Be there bitches !
Wowie Groovie !
I'll be there in spirit!!!
I think Orzo is planning on a web cam cyber chat so you might be able to be there in cyber spirit as well
Wowie Groovie !