Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name That _____
This game was awesome, much better than Stephen Hawking Sings. Now if we could only get people with half a brain to play it would be perfect. How do you not get Milton from Office Space? And how many times do we need to go over Benercrombie's whiny tantrum? Get with the program people!
That's what she said.
I liked it too. It doesn't replace NTT but it is a good game.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I agree. It's nowhere near the awesome that is "Name That Tune" but it's definitely fun. It's definitely worthy of the coveted 5th segment of the day.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Damn it!! I missed it!! :evil:
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
So far, I'm a fan. Gave me a chance to yell at stupid players, made me laugh, and kept me entertained.
Definitely the best of the new games they've had. It had a great pace that kept it moving right along and never totally stalled, even when the callers BLEW some of the easy answers, allowing for some good beat ups from the guys. A segment that moves along and still allows for some built in hilarity is a good sign. I wonder how tough it will be to keep finding a variety of clips every week, but if all the guys are working on it, they could get a lot of material and turn the game into a new weekly staple.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
What day/time is it played?
I'm.......kind of a big deal. People know me.
Maybe next time they do it, they can somehow figure out how to only allow callers to play who have more than 4 functioning brain cells. It was beyond frustrating just how stupid those contestants were.
nodak1979 Wrote:Maybe next time they do it, they can somehow figure out how to only allow callers to play who have more than 4 functioning brain cells. It was beyond frustrating just how stupid those contestants were.

That is the Achille's Heel of the games or listner call-in in general.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
gotta say I agree I enjoyed it
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Mad Dog Wrote:
nodak1979 Wrote:Maybe next time they do it, they can somehow figure out how to only allow callers to play who have more than 4 functioning brain cells. It was beyond frustrating just how stupid those contestants were.

That is the Achille's Heel of the games or listner call-in in general.

Indeed it is. How else could Zane have upped the pot on DTZ to 3600 dollars?? He isn't even that good at trivia, yet he cleans up.
because Zane has that uncanny ability to talk out an answer
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
For the record, I would have killed at this one this morning.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I would have done very poorly. I love it when HW's gets pissed about people not knowing the Blues Brothers stuff though! I thought this morning was awful.
“I wanna tell Y’all that I ain’t votin for nobody that don’t say freedom enough. Freedom ain’t free, Free Beer. We gotta fight for freedom, Hot wings. Zane you gotta eat freedom fries...Freedom, freedom, freedom, freedom..FREEDOM!"
Yea I didn't know any of this morning's questions.
That's what she said.
Oh man!Iactually got thru and got one right! ("...hey man nice shot"). Wish I would've won but I was glad just to play. I wasn't even in a listening area at the time so I was lucky on my timing. Got many busy signals and then 2 other times it just kept ringing, and then finally on the 3rd time Joe answered just as I was about to give up. The only other answer I knew was the "what do these songs have in common?" but I didn't buzz in fast enough. The last clip that they played of the movie, I remember them talking before about how they liked when Mike Tyson was playing the air drums to Phil Collins (because I do that too, to that song) and was wondering what movie they were talking about (because they never said). But now at least I know it's The Hangover. Looks like a good movie too. Ok I'm done rambling now lol.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
Another solid week of the game. I think this one is a great addition to the rotation.
Agreed, the only thing holding it back at this point is the callers have been a little off. Some of the clips were a little tough, but I like the variety in the questions and there's a lot of potential for this game to stand the test of time and become a regular spot.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
Hey now! Even Free Beer said he wouldn't have gotten that one, and the other ones were before our time.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
Better this week, right? Amazingly I got thru for it again but Chewie (Marissa) said you can only play once. They never said that on the show (unless it was today...haven't listened to the podcast yet) so I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
And I'm sure the fact you tried to play two weeks in a row has nothing to do with Marissa's response. :crazy:
potthole Wrote:And I'm sure the fact you tried to play two weeks in a row has nothing to do with Marissa's response. :crazy:

Hmm I don't think I ever said that. No wonder they got pissed off and didn't want to link this board to their site. :clap: They never said you couldn't play twice in a row, only that you can't win twice within 30 days.

P.S. I think it was JMV, not Marissa..sorry.
The reason for her response, Matt, was because she asked me if I've played before and I said "yes I have," and she said "I'm sorry then you can't play again." And I said "ok thank you." She was very nice about it. You're making it sound like I'm lying by omission that I called two weeks in a row...I never said calling twice had nothing to do with her response. Do you want me to tell her "no" next time? I didn't think so.
daredevil1 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:And I'm sure the fact you tried to play two weeks in a row has nothing to do with Marissa's response. :crazy:

Hmm I don't think I ever said that. No wonder they got pissed off and didn't want to link this board to their site. :clap: They never said you couldn't play twice in a row, only that you can't win twice within 30 days.

P.S. I think it was JMV, not Marissa..sorry.

Yep, I'm only there Mondays and Tuesdays. How did you not notice the man voice? Come on...
My latest Free Beer-ism: "Did the light lamp up? ...Wait did I just have a sword cramble? AHHHHG"
marissa Wrote:Yep, I'm only there Mondays and Tuesdays. How did you not notice the man voice? Come on...

Yes, the two sound quite different.
JMV is more manly sounding than even steev.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
JMV's voice was accurately described as "rock chick" sounding.

She should stay in radio if she can afford it.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.