Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The show's sponsored by GMC now?
Actually, that's pretty cool. Hopefully they made some good dough for the advertising space.
Probably not. They probably had to do it as a favor so Hotwings' dad can keep his health care benefits.
Commercial free podcasts, aye? Quite annoying. I seem to remember them making fun of that at one point, concerning basketball power shots brought to you by blank.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:Commercial free podcasts, aye? Quite annoying. I seem to remember them making fun of that at one point, concerning basketball power shots brought to you by blank.

At least as of Thursday's show, the GM commercials are no different from when they've had other "This segment brought to you by ______" things.

Quit trolling.
What other things would those be? They've never had advertisements during the syndicated segments on the intros before. It's different if they're giving away a Laptop to the winner of Name That Blank.

P.S. That's not what trolling is. If that's the route you're taking then you better go call everyone else on here a troll who has ever complained about anything, including everyone who has posted in the "New site up... and waayyyy broken"‏ thread.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:What other things would those be? They've never had advertisements during the syndicated segments on the intros before. It's different if they're giving away a Laptop to the winner of Name That Blank.

P.S. That's not what trolling is.

They quite frequently have had sponsored segments. Peanuts is just one recent example. Sure, they might not say it at the start of the syndicated segment, but you'll hear it on the podcast, regardless. And you were complaining about the sponsorships coming through on the podcast.

P.S.

Trolling is what you do- never say anything positive, but only come to post negative stuff. I cannot think of one positive post by you in the previous two months. :wave:
potthole Wrote:
daredevil1 Wrote:What other things would those be? They've never had advertisements during the syndicated segments on the intros before. It's different if they're giving away a Laptop to the winner of Name That Blank.

They quite frequently have had sponsored segments. Peanuts is just one recent example. Sure, they might not say it at the start of the syndicated segment, but you'll hear it on the podcast, regardless. And you were complaining about the sponsorships coming through on the podcast.

You said they were no different than any other time and I said they weren't played during the syndicated intros before now.
potthole Wrote:

P.S.

Trolling is what you do- never say anything positive, but only come to post negative stuff. I cannot think of one positive post by you in the previous two months. :wave:

Confusedhock:
What? I didn't do it.
[Image: 3554648122_70ace47b44_o.jpg]
Wowie Groovie !
potthole Wrote:

P.S.

positive:
Sweetness times 10!
http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f...240#p81240

positive?:
Robot teaches class in Tokyo
http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f...518#p80518

positive:
I really would literally die...I drive at night for a living and the show keeps me awake!
http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f...517#p80517

positive:
Is the person who transcribes them on here? Somedays I would like to have them to send to people!
http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f...515#p80515

positive:
I don't like sports but I like STT. Weird huh? I like hearing FB kick ass.
http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f...856#p79856

positve:
The funniest part was the end where Joe said "I'm picking it up!" and he really was just standing there doing nothing lol. And yes they don't always say when something is pre-recorded, tibbs explained it perfectly.
http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f...492#p77492

positive:
haha true
http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f...229#p77229

...just a few that I found, and 7 greater than 0.
Wow, overboard much?
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:Wow, overboard much?

Woa woa woa, don't be so negative.
don't take it out on me.
What? I didn't do it.
No no, it was sarcasm. Angel
gotcha
What? I didn't do it.
daredevil1 Wrote:
misstiger10 Wrote:Wow, overboard much?

Woa woa woa, don't be so negative.

Ha. I immediately chuckled at that line. I like your positive attitude.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
What the OP did still isn't trolling.

Quote:In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Expressing one's opinion, even if it is negative or in conflict with your own, is still only just that. Is that now prohibited talk too?
Hate speech, hate speech! where's the internet Czar now?
They should get the border patrol to sponsor them too
I saw the little bit sick.. thread and decided to check this one out, i have just started podcasting and looked back to the 21st podcast. the GM sponsor thing was part of the show itself, it had nothing to do with the podcast. yeah of course you can nit pick and say it's not ad free, but it still is, you don't hear the commercials or anything that you get off the radio. the fact they have a sponsor is nothing different, they didn't really make fun of other shows for having sponsors. They have always done the promo commercials in the local markets too, in jersey zane talks about house of paint and i know they do others here too. then you have GR where they do the at&t wireless commercials, not to mention zane and his "buddy" howie boevie (or however the hell you spell it)

All radio personalities are obligated to take such commercials. Them doing so during the show while it is syndicated is just part of the game. In fact it is a good sign that they actually have sponsors during the syndicated part, showing how the show has really grown and that they have enough national attention that a national company decides to spend money to be heard across the airwaves all over where the show is heard.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
lemonparty Wrote:They should get the border patrol to sponsor them too
+1

Philly Mike Wrote:All radio personalities are obligated to take such commercials.
Peanuts. Energy for the good life.
-Good evening, Scotty
ericvonanhalt Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:All radio personalities are obligated to take such commercials.
Peanuts. Energy for the good life.
:?:
Philly Mike Wrote::?:

If you're not from GR or a podcaster, you wouldn't have heard the unintentionally hilarious ads read by Zane before the traffic/weather/news updates. The traffic sponsor was "Peanuts" for a while, with ads saying things like "peanuts, energy for the good life", and something about peanuts preventing you from turning into a couch potato. Zane's readings ranged from embarrassed, exasperated, overly enthusiastic, mocking, etc.

i have to admit, i am disappointed that the sponsorship seems to have ended without Zane playing the william hung "peanu's" drop. perhaps he learned his lesson from the AIDS awareness campaign that sponsors + drops = loss of revenue.
madkathy Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote::?:

If you're not from GR or a podcaster, you wouldn't have heard the unintentionally hilarious ads read by Zane before the traffic/weather/news updates. The traffic sponsor was "Peanuts" for a while, with ads saying things like "peanuts, energy for the good life", and something about peanuts preventing you from turning into a couch potato. Zane's readings ranged from embarrassed, exasperated, overly enthusiastic, mocking, etc.

i have to admit, i am disappointed that the sponsorship seems to have ended without Zane playing the william hung "peanu's" drop. perhaps he learned his lesson from the AIDS awareness campaign that sponsors + drops = loss of revenue.
ah, you know what i remember what you are referring to now... I listen to the GRD webcast so i have heard it, it's just i never really paid attention lol. had to dig through my memory to remember that
I was sad to see the peanuts ad go. It did once make me go out and buy almonds. Thankfully I have several protein-packed hilarious examples in the podcast saved for future enjoyment.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.