Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New site up... and waayyyy broken
Okay I just went to the new site, signed up to be a vip. I just got an email talking about freebeer and hotwings at first, but read on and they start to talk about dennis miller. I have been told that there is a bunch of dennis mller stuff intermigled in there. not to mention a link to a forum that doesn't seem to be there, this is only a few things that seem really off about the new site.

Guys when you get someone to work on your site you should make sure that if they recycle they actually change the old stuff, this looks just like the dennismillerradio.com site.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
If you're going to hire someone to put in a cookie-cutter site, make sure they're competant about it. I bet that I can get a better site than that guy in less time, with all of the features that you want, and it won't look like ass.

I'm not "against" cookie cutter sites, but they need to, um, let's see...not look like ass, have all the links working, and, oh, wait. NOT HAVE CONTENT FROM THE LAST JOB YOU TOOK ON THE SITE!!!!
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I just bought the year of podcasts...... so with that, do I get VIP? I'm confused. And if I paid for the year of podcast and should have waited, I'll be pissed.
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:I just bought the year of podcasts...... so with that, do I get VIP? I'm confused. And if I paid for the year of podcast and should have waited, I'll be pissed.

Preach On!! :evil:
Yeah, I noticed similar stuff about Dennis Miller. I was trying to figure out whether my current podcast subscription (which I renewed just a couple months ago) would get me the vip access, or whether I need to resubscribe. I tried to ask this question through the customer service form... but got an "undeliverable mail" message sent back to my email. Hrmph.
Somewhere, Dennis Miller is wondering.... "wtf is all this?" haha
I also got my Email back from nowhere... but at least Dennis Miller didnt get it Wink
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on the fact that you have to PAY to get the photos of the show that they talk about on the air.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
We have to pay to see the photos now? Wtf?
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
Haha we posted the same thing at the same time!
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
yeah, that was what really had me bummed out. i had initially visited the site to view the show code pictures from wednesday's show. i'm a couple days behind, so i hadn't expected the new site to pop up. actually, i was doubting we'd EVER see the new site, since they originally promised it would be up when they returned from their december vacation. looks like five months late was still too early.
Dear Free Beer, Hot Wings, Zane, Joe, all the current and former interns, and that new producer guy who isn't part of the show yet:

I noticed that on your new site, you have a link to "forums"

Have you forgotten that there is an entire message board already in existence that is dedicated to you ?

Would you please do us all a favor ? That link to the forum on your spiffy new website ? Could you just make that point here please ?
Wowie Groovie !
Hey freebeer, hotwings, zane, or joe, what's going on here? Maybe you should put the old site back up until this one is fixed. This one seems to be half assed and broken. Hopefully you guys still check in here because this is kind of annoying. We love the show, but the site reeeeeeealy needs some work. The other site may have been crappy but we at least didn't have to worry if we were going to end up email dennis miller or anything.... or is he going to be a new part of the show Tongue
Titan! Wrote:Dear Free Beer, Hot Wings, Zane, Joe, all the current and former interns, and that new producer guy who isn't part of the show yet:

I noticed that on your new site, you have a link to "forums"

Have you forgotten that there is an entire message board already in existence that is dedicated to you ?

Would you please do us all a favor ? That link to the forum on your spiffy new website ? Could you just make that point here please ?

You forgot Pyrum!
I wanna know if the podcasters will be grandfathered in. Cause it's kinda shitty to have paid for a podcast and not be able to get into the new site, or pay another $30 to get to see pictures and all the other goodies we used to have on the old site. and i second what Titan said. This board has been very loyal to the show, I didn't expect to see a new msg board only avail to members. It's steamrolling your fans. Not cool at all. :thumbdown:
What? I didn't do it.
We should atleast be able to see all the things we were able to see on the old site without having to pay for it, is my opinion.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
We are probably just jumping the gun on this, I'm sure the site still has a lot of bugs to be worked out. Heck, FBHW couldn't even get the new site to show up today when the creator insisted that it was there.
I do like the summary of what happened on the show, that way I know which segments to listen to on the podcast :thumbup:
That's what she said.
why do i have to pay to watch Joe videos!!!!!????? so long youtube site!
I love FBHW, but this seems like a money grab.

I'm really disappointed that my favorite show has gone this way, it feels like when your favorite rock star finally sells out.

I'm not going to fault them for trying to make a buck, they have to put food on their tables, I get it, but I just wish it hadn't gone this way.

The new site is pretty bad as far as cookie cutters go, and to find out its just a re-tread of a dennis miller site is even more pathetic.

Nothing was broken, and now the "fix" sucks.
krys Wrote:We should atleast be able to see all the things we were able to see on the old site without having to pay for it, is my opinion.

For reals. They might as well all just pull their pants down and piss in my ear if they're going to take away things that used to be free. I get the podcast but even I can tell that's a big "eff you" to long time fans.

Hey! You guys know those cool things you were always able to look at in the past? Yeah, well you have to pay for it now. Suck it.

Also, I really hope everyone just sticks around here instead of going to a new, pay forum. I wonder if a new pay forum means that the guys are just going to abandon us here.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:
krys Wrote:We should atleast be able to see all the things we were able to see on the old site without having to pay for it, is my opinion.

Also, I really hope everyone just sticks around here instead of going to a new, pay forum. I wonder if a new pay forum means that the guys are just going to abandon us here.

Does anyone know if there's really anything there when you click it? I have a feeling the guys didn't get a chance to review the site before it went up and that things will change once they see it. Who knows, we'll see.
houseboat Wrote:I love FBHW, but this seems like a money grab.

I'm really disappointed that my favorite show has gone this way, it feels like when your favorite rock star finally sells out.

I'm giving BOD and assuming they will put these membership fees to good use as they did with the podcast subscription fees in the past.
i emailed broseph about the paying to see stuff thing and got this:

" No this is not so. I think FB already email the guy in charge and told him to make that stuff free again. How gay would that be right. Hell you know as well as anyone that you can get most of it on youtube"

rejoice!
Excellent. If that's true that I take back what I said earlier. If VIP is just the podcast plus archived clips then I'm all for it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Of course they don't link to this fourm anymore, all you guys do is complain about the show.
There's tons more free items than there was, and you can pay to get even more, including the podcasts - seems fair to me, they will probably iron out some of the broken stuff soon, but I find the new site to be awesome.
Go listen to bob and tom because they never change anything which is why they suck.
I'm just catching up on podcasts - podcasters check out segment 9 from today - Free Beer said everything that was free will be still free they just have to fix it. He also said current podcasters are automatically VIP and you just have to wait a bit for them to tell you what to do to get full VIP benefits.

Ok I'm happy again.
That's what she said.
Good to hear, Allyson. Yeah, I'm like you. I'm only on segment 8 for today in between doing other things.

curtij36 Wrote:Of course they don't link to this fourm anymore, all you guys do is complain about the show.
There's tons more free items than there was, and you can pay to get even more, including the podcasts - seems fair to me, they will probably iron out some of the broken stuff soon, but I find the new site to be awesome.
Go listen to bob and tom because they never change anything which is why they suck.

Get over yourself. You choose to make your first post an ignorant one that just runs down the board? If you think that all we do is complain then you clearly don't read the forum. We have a strong community that for the most part offers constructive criticism. You mistake passion for complaining. When people love a show it's only natural that they'll be passionate about its highs and lows. What would you rather us do? Just make post after post where we verbally fellate everything?

Bob and Tom suck for far many more reasons that their inability to change. If you actually read this board you'd know that most people are very much open to the show changing. Most of the negative comments are about the show changing too quickly or getting rid of what seem to be quality bits on a moment's notice. You'd also notice that Free Beer has been very willing to discuss it.

How about you actually read the board so you can speak about it in an intelligent fashion instead of just registering so you can flame the general community?

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
Allyson Wrote:I'm just catching up on podcasts - podcasters check out segment 9 from today - Free Beer said everything that was free will be still free they just have to fix it. He also said current podcasters are automatically VIP and you just have to wait a bit for them to tell you what to do to get full VIP benefits.

Ok I'm happy again.

Me too. Thanks Allyson.
curtij36 Wrote:Of course they don't link to this fourm anymore, all you guys do is complain about the show.
Dude
[Image: owntime.jpg]

No one said they hate the show, no one was complaining about the show at all. you are a dumbass. Most of us pretty much figured it was a mistake, we were just hoping it wasn't true that the would make us pay. How about before you try to flame the whole board you decide to actually get to know us first you dick.

This goes to you for being a dumbass.
[Image: stupidsiren.gif] [Image: stupidsiren.gif][Image: stupidsiren.gif]
Allyson Wrote:I'm just catching up on podcasts - podcasters check out segment 9 from today - Free Beer said everything that was free will be still free they just have to fix it. He also said current podcasters are automatically VIP and you just have to wait a bit for them to tell you what to do to get full VIP benefits.

Ok I'm happy again.

Yay Allyson! Thanks - I feel better. Smile
Hey gang,

I haven't read every post here, I just wanted to drop a few notes to clear a few things:

--If you are a podcaster you will be made a VIP member, expect that info for the transition in the coming weeks.

--Parts of the website being pay: We anticipate everything to be free on the new website that was free on the old one. Pictures we talk about, videos we talk about, Joe videos etc all will be free. VIP membership will get you access to further archives of old audio, as opposed to the way it was before with everything going away relatively quickly.

Hope that helps!
:clap: Thanks for clearing the air Freebeer.
What? I didn't do it.
freebeer Wrote:Hey gang,

I haven't read every post here, I just wanted to drop a few notes to clear a few things:

--If you are a podcaster you will be made a VIP member, expect that info for the transition in the coming weeks.

--Parts of the website being pay: We anticipate everything to be free on the new website that was free on the old one. Pictures we talk about, videos we talk about, Joe videos etc all will be free. VIP membership will get you access to further archives of old audio, as opposed to the way it was before with everything going away relatively quickly.

Hope that helps!
Yeah it does help, thanks. I don't suppose you have any info on how podcasters who bought their subscriptions before the new site came out can get their VIP privaleges? If not thats cool I just thought id ask since your "in the know" thanks either way. fml lol
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
i agree with whoever said this seems like a money grab! i wonder why things have gone down hill so abruptly with the show? from the stupid bleeps when they arent swearing, to the forced beatup secessions, and of course ditching ntt..

there was a time when id listen to my days podcast then got back into my 2 yr old library and listen to old shows.. i dont even listen to and entire show anymore.... i hope it comes back around tho.. :crazy:
wrong thread :oops:

Hope that helps!

Ok,

Why the new messageboard?
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Ok,

[Image: utahzoo.jpg]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:

Hope that helps!

Ok,

I think (hope) that is a mistake too, there is no reason they would alienate us here to create something completely different. If they did that it would be a problem, people are already settled here. this board has been up for almost a year now. there is no reason they should do that, especially one that is "VIP only". They would lose a lot of respect for a move like that.
ha ha...ha...ha.........yeah

[Image: 2486317110_23296c6bc3_o.jpg]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"