Poll: Which Submission do you feel has the best photos overall?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Submission One
26.32%
5 26.32%
Submission Two
73.68%
14 73.68%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Baseball Throwdown
This past Sunday Titan and I met at a West Michigan Whitecaps game for a little photography contest. Armed with our trusty cameras, we set out to take photos with six specific categories in mind. Those categories were:

-Best Batting Action Photo
-Best Pitching Action Photo
-Best Infield Action Photo
-Best Outfield Action Photo
-Best Mascot Photo
-Best "Feel/Experience" of a Baseball Game Photo

After going through our shots, we each selected one picture for each category. What follows are our selections. For now they will be known as "Submission One" and "Submission Two." Place your vote for which Submission you feel has the best overall set of shots.

Voting will last for one week. At the end of voting, the winning photographer will be announced. Enjoy!
SUBMISSION ONE

Best Batting Action Photo
[Image: 3554793179_ea942c298a_o.jpg]

Best Pitching Action Photo
[Image: 3555603222_9957210f38_o.jpg]

Best Infield Action Photo
[Image: 3554810471_51ce6397f1_o.jpg]

Best Outfield Action Photo
[Image: 3555603368_deb7e90b1d_o.jpg]

Best Mascot Photo
[Image: 3554793003_3120dc0182_o.jpg]

Best "Feel/Experience" of a Baseball Game Photo
[Image: 3554793681_cbffe3a44b_o.jpg]
SUBMISSION TWO

Best Batting Action Photo
[Image: 3554791737_e9be53af0c_o.jpg]

Best Pitching Action Photo
[Image: 3554791935_3c1b6857cf_o.jpg]

Best Infield Action Photo
[Image: 3554792565_30d021362b_o.jpg]

Best Outfield Action Photo
[Image: 3554792227_fb400f21b7_o.jpg]

Best Mascot Photo
[Image: 3554791485_1ea5a0ae05_o.jpg]

Best "Feel/Experience" of a Baseball Game Photo
[Image: 3554792867_aa125154ff_o.jpg]
Funny thing I just noticed... as I've compared both of the "Best Batting" photos, it would appear that they were both taking during the same at-bat. Possibly even the same pitch, judging from the placement of people in the background.
I actually know who shot what group and I must say you both did a great job. Potthole, I've seen better work from you and Titan, you have some skills and for one of your first times shooting in that tough enviroment, you did a nice job. If I could vote twice, I'd give each of you one vote. Congrats for the effort!
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Ok, so when do we get to find out who took whitch group of pics?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:Ok, so when do we get to find out who took whitch group of pics?

Once the voting done.
Wowie Groovie !
Mad Dog Wrote:Ok, so when do we get to find out who took whitch group of pics?

Voting is set to shut off on Friday the 29th, so we'll give that info then.
I don't remember who took which pictures but you guys both did an amazing job and it was hard to choose one set over the other.

Also my appologies for failing to post this thread for your.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I think we should be able to vote on each category. While both sets were good, I liked certain ones in each submission over the other. I guess that could get too complicated, but I didn't feel right voting for one in whole over the other.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I had thought about trying to do something like that, Queenie, but the only way I could think of was to make six seperate threads, one for each category.
That is how I decided who's i liked more...I gave them a point for each photo that i liked.

the winner will get a chicken dinner btw.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Queenie Wrote:I think we should be able to vote on each category. While both sets were good, I liked certain ones in each submission over the other. I guess that could get too complicated, but I didn't feel right voting for one in whole over the other.

We would love to hear your thoughts on which shots you think are best
Wowie Groovie !
Preferences are as follows: 2,1,1,2,2,2
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:Preferences are as follows: 2,1,1,2,2,2

Ditto
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Mine is actually 2,1,1,2,1,2.

I picked 1 overall however because I think the mascot picture used by 2 is too similar to the feel/experience picture and a mascot throwing stuff into the crowd is one of the most common things they do.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Hey, I picked 2, but it was a really REALLY hard call because both of you guys deserve props for outstanding photography!!! Potthole, you totally should have made 6 different threads to vote on. Man I wish I could take pics like that... I've tried, but I just can't get the photo's to work right for me... I guess that's probably because all I use is a point and shoot. Do either of you guys have websites? Do you guys both do it professionally or is this a hobby... I know I've been around for a long time, and these questions have probably been answered before in previous threads, but my problem is that I have the attention span of a six year old sometimes, and I tend to skim posts...
boizalynne Wrote:Hey, I picked 2, but it was a really REALLY hard call because both of you guys deserve props for outstanding photography!!! Potthole, you totally should have made 6 different threads to vote on. Man I wish I could take pics like that... I've tried, but I just can't get the photo's to work right for me... I guess that's probably because all I use is a point and shoot. Do either of you guys have websites? Do you guys both do it professionally or is this a hobby... I know I've been around for a long time, and these questions have probably been answered before in previous threads, but my problem is that I have the attention span of a six year old sometimes, and I tend to skim posts...

wait...what were you saying now? Smile
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
mine were 1,2,1,1,1,1 the infield photo with the dirt flying is prob my fav

Uh, now what do I do?
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
0rz0ski Wrote:2,2,1,1,1,2.

Uh, now what do I do?

umm last I checked you just wait for your prize Big Grin

Uh, now what do I do?

Give Titan and I $10 each.
boizalynne Wrote:Do either of you guys have websites? Do you guys both do it professionally or is this a hobby... I know I've been around for a long time, and these questions have probably been answered before in previous threads, but my problem is that I have the attention span of a six year old sometimes, and I tend to skim posts...

Photography has been a hobby of mine probably since I was around 12, it's been an involved hobby for the past four years, and I've just recently decided to try to make some money with it. Did my first wedding this weekend, actually. I'm hoping to do more weddings, but am also looking to do portraits and senior photos. Should be doing a couple of seniors as this next school year gets started, actually. So yeah, I'm a newly minted professional, I guess you could say.

As for a website, I'm cooking a couple of things. I have a lead on somebody who might be able to help me put together my own dedicated URL. If that falls through, I'll probably put together something on Blogger, which I'd use until I could find a better alternative. For the meantime, however, I have a ton of my work up on flickr. The link in my sig will take you to that.
potthole Wrote:

Uh, now what do I do?

Give Titan and I $10 each.

well played! If I was in the GR area I would get some photos of my wife and I done....we need to update it has been a few years since we last had pictures taken
potthole Wrote:
boizalynne Wrote:Do either of you guys have websites? Do you guys both do it professionally or is this a hobby... I know I've been around for a long time, and these questions have probably been answered before in previous threads, but my problem is that I have the attention span of a six year old sometimes, and I tend to skim posts...

Did my first wedding this weekend, actually.

OMG Potthole!!! That's Gabe... I know him.... or... I knew himSmile

Great shotsSmile You do awesome work, you know that? I am so impressed!
suggestion for next time. Take both pics and put them side by side in one big pic. if someone wants to see the larger version they just have to click the pic, but a side by side comparison would make voting much easier .
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
boizalynne Wrote:OMG Potthole!!! That's Gabe... I know him.... or... I knew himSmile

Biblically?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
boizalynne Wrote:OMG Potthole!!! That's Gabe... I know him.... or... I knew himSmile

Biblically?

LOL... not quite.
"Not quite" so 3rd base then ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:"Not quite" so 3rd base then ?

Shhh, he's a good guy and he just got married...
let's just let this conversation rest at 'I knew him' and let us go on with the rest of our lives. Basically he just used to be a good friend of mineSmile
boizalynne Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:"Not quite" so 3rd base then ?

Shhh, he's a good guy and he just got married...
let's just let this conversation rest at 'I knew him' and let us go on with the rest of our lives. Basically he just used to be a good friend of mineSmile

FWB!?!?
[Image: cock3.jpg]
I'm so goth, I shit bats.
Can't we have just one baseball photo thread that doesn't break down into talks about Boiz's sex life ?
Wowie Groovie !
You guys assume too much. Like I said before, he was just a really good friend of mine a long time ago, and that is all I have to say about that. I refuse to cheapen what he used to mean to me with your sex jokes on a public forum. I'm glad to see him happy and married. HORRAY...

The END
Titan! Wrote:Can't we have just one baseball photo thread that doesn't break down into talks about Boiz's sex life ?

Didn't you mean one thread period? :lol:
I give up... :problem:
LOVE the potos guys....I do know a guy who may be able to give you a run for your money...he's been shooting ball games going on 22 years though....It was a hard decision, but the closer, more intimate pics, and the cracked bat put it over the edge for #2. In a year I think we need to see the "Wedding picture throwdown"...give potty a few more under his belt.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
Proposal for the next 'throwdown':

Naked girl Throwdown
Winner to be announced either later tonight, or early tomorrow!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Proposal for the next 'throwdown':

Naked girl Throwdown
You would!!!

... whore