Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offended by the American Flag?
well of all the statements here this is the one that i agree with most.

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:technically the flag isn't supposed to be used as 'decoration' like a wall hanging.

"The flag should not be used as a drapery, or for covering a speakers desk, draping a platform, or for any decoration in general. Bunting of blue, white and red stripes is available for these purposes. The blue stripe of the bunting should be on the top"

A flag should not be disrespected in any way. It may not be law(for the most part) but if you don't know how to respect it, don't use it. It is not meant to be used for clothing, a blanket, a tent, or anything other than a flag. the only time it should cover something is if it is covering a casket basically. It is the symbol of our country, not a cubicle decoration. Regardless if a company doesn't allow symbolic decoration the flag counts under that, regardless of a reason someone doesn't like a flag hanging in the company they have the freedom to do so. There are people who disrespect the flag every day, while it may be disgusting it is their right to have the freedom to do so. However if you are on company property(parking lot, elevator, break room, cubicle, whatever...) you have to follow their rules so long as those rules follow the laws. The reason you follow their rules is because it is their property if you don't like the rules you have the right to quit, if they don't like you they can fire you without giving a reason, it is called at will employment. This is the way of things, deal with it.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
patfromportland Wrote:I will now take my thread police badge out of the trash, put it back on, and tell you that the thread title is Offended By The American Flag?

residentialevil Wrote:Seriously?

And what's with the coward busniesses bending over backwards for idiots like this?

Ok, now how about the original post, which I almost quoted exactly in my last post? Clearly it is about both things.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."