Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadliest warrior
Been watching a show today that i saw like 1 or 2 episodes of before but they had a marathon on today and i caught up. This is an interesting show. They pit 2 types of warrior from 2 different time periods and go through tests with their weapons like they would pit the samurai up against gladiators and such. they get experts on the specific warrior and do all kinds of recording of the effectiveness of the weapons, they then run the variables into a computer program specifically made to simulate how these 2 warriors would do based on these traits and the types of fighters and they run 1000 simulated battles to find who would win the most. they have episodes on demand i think, I know you can find episodes here too <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.spike.com/show/31082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.spike.com/show/31082</a><!-- m --> . very cool show if you are into that kind of thing. I enjoy it.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I was going to post something like this about this show. And yes I find this show very intresting.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
going to look for that on On Demand tonight
Wowie Groovie !
Mad Dog Wrote:I was going to post something like this about this show. And yes I find this show very intresting.
Ah good to see i am not the only martial arts geek around Smile
I have always wanted to see a Roman Legion take on a group of Samurai.
Wowie Groovie !
caught the episode with Chuck Lidell (sp) in it... omfg all the fake blood still freaks me out
the only episode i saw that disappointed me was the ninja vs. spartan. the one expert for ninja wasn't really using the scythe to the exact potential for getting around armor
i just thought of this, but is it just me or do you think the computer dude looks like he could be related to producer joe?
Philly Mike Wrote:i just thought of this, but is it just me or do you think the computer dude looks like he could be related to producer joe?

I didn't notice, but I'll check it out now. By the way, I didnt catch the end of William Wallace of Scotland vs Shaka Zulu because I discovered that the Redwings were on. Who killed who? I'm betting on William Wallace because of that nasty two handed long sword.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I put spoiler on it because some people who havent seen it may want to watch and want to guess.
[spoiler]wallice had it partially because of the sword and partially because the zulu guys chose the poison spit as the special weapon, if they would have actually picked a weapon it may have changed things. I was thinking wallace all the way from the begining but i saw that shaka had a good style to his fighting and was pretty good with his weapons, and had better weapons than i thought[/spoiler].
does anyone know who won the IRA/Taliban episode?
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
Clearly ninjas would slaughter everything.

I mean, computer simulations are nice and all, but you could have the Lions winning the Superbowl in a computer simulation as well.
Mark the Valet Wrote:Clearly ninjas would slaughter everything.

I mean, computer simulations are nice and all, but you could have the Lions winning the Superbowl in a computer simulation as well.

Actually one of their episodes was ninja vs spartan and the spartan kicked the ninja's ass
schuyler16 Wrote:does anyone know who won the IRA/Taliban episode?
[spoiler]ira kicked taliban's ass. Mostly due to the fact that in squad combat (the way each of them pulled off missions) the ar15 is way better than an ak47, even thought the ar was a little less dependable as far as jamming foes and the like, it is far more accurate and better all around. Very cool simulated fight. Last taliban was taken out by a nice little bomb with a bunch of nails packed in for shrapnel damage[/spoiler]
I didn't know people liked this show. I figured everyone knew it's just shit they made up, since you can't make a legit computer program to simulate how the two would fight, and even if you could who gives a shit? At the end of the day why would anyone care?

But I guess some people do care, so w/e keep on enjoying it, and don't get all butt hurt just cause I think it's as realistic as snow white and the seven dwarfs.
stopsign Wrote:I didn't know people liked this show. I figured everyone knew it's just shit they made up, since you can't make a legit computer program to simulate how the two would fight, and even if you could who gives a shit? At the end of the day why would anyone care?

But I guess some people do care, so w/e keep on enjoying it, and don't get all butt hurt just cause I think it's as realistic as snow white and the seven dwarfs.

wow! Really? First off it seems like you enjoy shitting on anyones parade whenever people talk (troll much?)

With that out of the way, second of all you speak as if we are concerning ourselves as if this is a matter of life or death. No one here takes it that seriously. You see we have this thing in the world called entertainment. You can get this entertainment thing from written word, audio, and viewing it as it is acted out. Now if you look at most of this entertainment thing most of it is not all true if it has any truth at all. so by your logic no form of entertainment short from the news or documentary would be acceptable. Because it is not real. Oh wait I forgot most sports would be considered entertainment too, but if you look at them none of them make any sense either because in the end all that is really achieved is someone has a better score than another.
Philly Mike Wrote:
stopsign Wrote:I didn't know people liked this show. I figured everyone knew it's just shit they made up, since you can't make a legit computer program to simulate how the two would fight, and even if you could who gives a shit? At the end of the day why would anyone care?

wow! Really? First off it seems like you enjoy shitting on anyones parade whenever people talk (troll much?)

With that out of the way, second of all you speak as if we are concerning ourselves as if this is a matter of life or death. No one here takes it that seriously. You see we have this thing in the world called entertainment. You can get this entertainment thing from written word, audio, and viewing it as it is acted out. Now if you look at most of this entertainment thing most of it is not all true if it has any truth at all. so by your logic no form of entertainment short from the news or documentary would be acceptable. Because it is not real. Oh wait I forgot most sports would be considered entertainment too, but if you look at them none of them make any sense either because in the end all that is really achieved is someone has a better score than another.

Chill bro, you must not have made it to this part:

Quote:But I guess some people do care, so w/e keep on enjoying it, and don't get all butt hurt just cause I think it's as realistic as snow white and the seven dwarfs.
I so know what I'll be doing before work just about everyday this week.....I think I've found a new favorite show....reminds me of an animal show they used to have on....same idea....really good...I thank you for introducing this to me.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
stopsign Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:

Chill bro, you must not have made it to this part:

Quote:But I guess some people do care, so w/e keep on enjoying it, and don't get all butt hurt just cause I think it's as realistic as snow white and the seven dwarfs.
I got to that part, the problem is it seems like it may have been a typo because of the fact you said w/e that isnt really a word and on top of it you follow up with this to seem even worse
Quote:and don't get all butt hurt just cause I think it's as realistic as snow white and the seven dwarfs.

now sorry if i took this the wrong way but it was just annoying to see someone decide to just say how fake the show was when we were just talking about the show in general, it felt kind of off topic and things like that.
You thought talking about THE SHOW THIS THREAD IS NAMED AFTER was off topic? I just stated my opinion of the show, pretty sure I'm allowed to do that, even if it upsets you. It was going to be my only post in this thread until you went and got all sad on us.
stopsign Wrote:You thought talking about THE SHOW THIS THREAD IS NAMED AFTER was off topic? I just stated my opinion of the show, pretty sure I'm allowed to do that, even if it upsets you. It was going to be my only post in this thread until you went and got all sad on us.
dude i was apoligizing about stating what i said. off topic being because people were just talking about the show, it seemed you came out and starte to speak negative about it. If you can't take the fact that i said "sorry if i misunderstood you" then don't bother replying to what i said. I was stating to you that i may have been wrong but you go ahead and try to call me out anyway. WTF
Stopsign,
Do you enjoy fighting with everyone? Is this something you do in your life? Do you fight with your boss? Or do you even have one? Almost every thread has been tainted and ruined with your whining and crying and bitching. Why don't you save yourself some trouble and go to a board where trolls are welcomed, but that is not here.
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:Stopsign,
Do you enjoy fighting with everyone? Is this something you do in your life? Do you fight with your boss? Or do you even have one? Almost every thread has been tainted and ruined with your whining and crying and bitching. Why don't you save yourself some trouble and go to a board where trolls are welcomed, but that is not here.

I know you have a vendetta against me, which is too bad. I guess I just come off as shitting on every thread. It's too bad, but you certainly don't help when someone "takes me to task" and your response to whomever that is consists of " :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ". I prefer this method better, no matter how far off base it is.
Yes, because when I agree with something that someone has said, :clap: or :thumbup: is not allowed in your purple sky and orange ocean world?
What? I didn't do it.
misstiger10 Wrote:Yes, because when I agree with something that someone has said, :clap: or :thumbup: is not allowed in your purple sky and orange ocean world?

Where did I say it wasn't allowed? I just said I like your new method BETTER. I think you tried to be witty a little too quick on that one. (It should also be noted that the sky can be purple)
stopsign Wrote:
misstiger10 Wrote:Stopsign,

I know you have a vendetta against me, which is too bad. I guess I just come off as shitting on every thread. It's too bad, but you certainly don't help when someone "takes me to task" and your response to whomever that is consists of " :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ". I prefer this method better, no matter how far off base it is.

We know now why you call yourself

[Image: stop_sign_2.jpg]
Philly Mike Wrote:
[spoiler]ira kicked taliban's ass. Mostly due to the fact that in squad combat (the way each of them pulled off missions) the ar15 is way better than an ak47, even thought the ar was a little less dependable as far as jamming foes and the like, it is far more accurate and better all around. Very cool simulated fight. Last taliban was taken out by a nice little bomb with a bunch of nails packed in for shrapnel damage[/spoiler]
thanks :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Big Grin
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
schuyler16 Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:
thanks :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Big Grin
funny enough the episode was on last night lol
I just discovered this show at my brothers house. We were watching an episode when he looks at me and says, "I wonder who would win with cowboys vs. indians?"

I'm like okayyyy well, 1. That would make for a boring episode and 2. This already happened and it looks like to me the cowboys won.
Well, I guess that we all learned a lesson today. That it's what's inside a person that counts. And that on the inside, midgets are thieving little bastards.
-Jiggy- Wrote:I just discovered this show at my brothers house. We were watching an episode when he looks at me and says, "I wonder who would win with cowboys vs. indians?"

I'm like okayyyy well, 1. That would make for a boring episode and 2. This already happened and it looks like to me the cowboys won.
lol yup.

kind of an unfair fight. you have unarmored guys with bows, arrows and melee weapons. vs. guys with 6 shooters and shotguns.
yeah, they did one with a pirate vs a knight and it seemed a little lopsided because well, the reason knights became obsolete was... FIREARMS and what did Pirates have easy access to?... FIREARMS! hmm I wonder who will win. other than that one crappy episode I thought the rest were pretty decent matches
schuyler16 Wrote:yeah, they did one with a pirate vs a knight and it seemed a little lopsided because well, the reason knights became obsolete was... FIREARMS and what did Pirates have easy access to?... FIREARMS! hmm I wonder who will win. other than that one crappy episode I thought the rest were pretty decent matches
well there are people like those hardcore knight guys who think that the armor was the greatest thing ever. and well the little gun didn't breakthrough but yeah the blunderbuster gave it a good what for...