Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Springfield, June 13th
I separated this thread because I wanted a dedicated thread to carpooling.

My fiancee and I have volunteered to drive down to Springfield. We can fit 5 additional people and any (duffle bag or laptop bag size) luggage that they might have.

It's a 5 and a half hour trip from GR to the bar/Springfield. We could leave Friday evening at 5 or 6pm, or Saturday morning at 8am. Friday is probably preferred since we need lots of sleep to prep for a hard night of booze.

The Ramada Inn right next to the bar appears to be booked, so I don't know what we'd do about a hotel.

So, who's in? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Here is the official announcement from QLZ:

The Big Hog Giveaway Party will be Saturday, June 13, 2009 at Fieldhouse Sports Bar & Grill (3211 Sangamon) and everyone's invited! It's going to be a full day of beer, bands, beer, and your last two chances to get qualified! Free Beer & Hot Wings will be hosting with live music from The Dawg's band, Wicked Mule starting at 2:30pm followed by The Joe Cooke Band rockin' the Big Hog Stage!
Must be at least 18 years old to enter.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Any idea how much $ $ $ You'll be needing for gas ?
Wowie Groovie !
We'd probably need 2 fillups if we took the Durango, possibly 3 to be safe. It's a 27 gallon tank.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Here's the update for the (nonexistant) group of people going.

Right now, the Sangchris Lake State Park has been thrown up at as a possibility for camping. It's $20 a night, with a $5 first night fee. You can get 2 tents or 4 people to a site comfortably, plus the vehicles. It's about 30 minutes away from the bar, and has showers and electricity and all that good stuff.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.stateparks.com/sangchris_lake.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stateparks.com/sangchris_lake.html</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/LANDMGT/PARKS/R4/sangch.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/LANDMGT/PA ... sangch.htm</a><!-- m -->

Who is coming? Shout your answer out!

Initially, I didn't think I would be able to go, but things have changed and I'm packing my bags!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie: Just talked with The Dawg from WQLZ and they are having a meet & greet with the guys at Brickhouse Billards in Decatur Friday night from 8-10 and then his band will play from 10-12.

Hope this was OK to post, Queenie. Big Grin

0rz0ski Wrote:Queenie: Just talked with The Dawg from WQLZ and they are having a meet & greet with the guys at Brickhouse Billards in Decatur Friday night from 8-10 and then his band will play from 10-12.

Hope this was OK to post, Queenie. Big Grin

Absolutely!! I'm trying to spark a little extra interest in those who may be riding the fence about coming. My experience in Nashville was that the Friday night event was a lot more fun because there weren't so many people attending.

I mean, we've taken care of a lot of the expense by deciding to camp - heck that's a good $160 we don't have to spend. 0rz, you are still planning on driving and if you could get a couple extra people to chip in on gas, it could be a total of about $60 (before meals/drinks) per person to actually take this trip. That's cheap!! Aaaannnd, you'll get to meet fellow message boarders!! Come on guys, just take the leap and jump on board!!
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Our site is reserved at the KOA in Springfield.

I wish I didn't have to go to a bachelor party already or I would be down....damn you bad timing....damn you!!!
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
slaps z for having a bachelor party!

oops, wrong thread :wave:
yeah hey everyone from st cloud that wants to go....oh wait...damnit I think that's me and me
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Plumpe! Come join us, we've got plenty of room!