Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Companies
So.. something dawned on me this morning as I was reading about Penske buying the Saturn Brand from GM.

As I thought about what was going on with the car companies and our economy here, I thought about another time where the government stepped in to make changes to a large company.

That company was AT&T. It was forced to break itself up into smaller companies due to antitrust regulations.

As I watch the car companies begin to break themselves up to survive, I begin to wonder if history will repeat itself and if the car companies will end up consolodating back into giant companies once again.

Who is to say that in 5 years, that GM won't just buy Saturn and Hummer back from the companies they are selling to today?
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Good Question. Except for the fact that AT&T was not bought by the taxpayers, just made to split up. However GM and Chrysler HAVE become Government Motors Inc and this is an unprecedented move. I have a feeling that Obama will not give corporate sovereignty back to GM or Chrysler. That will have to wait until we have a capitalistic president again.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
A very capitalistic president, though, will probably sell it cheaply to one of his buddies.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."