Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Korean Nukes
So I wonder what Obama's new approach will be? Quite possibly Campfire Kumbya songs? Marshmellow and weiner roasts?

http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-06-06-voa14.cfm

I'm thinking we need a Special forces Assination squad, but thats just me.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
[Image: northkorea.jpg?w=608&h=499]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Hey in all fairness, Obama never said he was against going to war with anyone. In fact he fully supported going to war in Afghanistan, that right there shows he is willing to take whatever steps are needed.
The man is in a difficult position, he can't act too rash because of the fact he is just now starting to get us back on track with other nations. He has to play his hand smart to keep support and have allies for any action he does take against north korea, especially if he wants cooperation from the surrounding nations. That would be the best course of action, yeah have some kind of special forces action going on, but if we have support from allies surrounding north korea it will make things a lot smoother for getting the job done.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:Hey in all fairness, Obama never said he was against going to war with anyone. In fact he fully supported going to war in Afghanistan, that right there shows he is willing to take whatever steps are needed.
The man is in a difficult position, he can't act too rash because of the fact he is just now starting to get us back on track with other nations. He has to play his hand smart to keep support and have allies for any action he does take against north korea, especially if he wants cooperation from the surrounding nations. That would be the best course of action, yeah have some kind of special forces action going on, but if we have support from allies surrounding north korea it will make things a lot smoother for getting the job done.

Agreed, we have to tread more carefully over there than in the middle east cause there are some big ass countries we don't want to piss of (again), namely China and Russia.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
So what your saying is that China and Russia are comfortable with Lill Kimmy having nukes in there back yard? They are stupid if they are.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:So what your saying is that China and Russia are comfortable with Lill Kimmy having nukes in there back yard? They are stupid if they are.
actually russia (not too sure of any statements of china as of yet) has stated they disapprove these steps by north korea and are trying to pressure them to stop. As long as we play it right we will have them as a strong ally to assist us with stopping them, russia and the US do still have a rocky road all around, but this is the whole common enemy thing.
Mad Dog Wrote:So what your saying is that China and Russia are comfortable with Lill Kimmy having nukes in there back yard? They are stupid if they are.

I don't think they are fine with it at all, but we have rocky relationships with both countries as it is, so we need their approval before we do anything about it really. We don't want to make enemies out of these countries again anytime soon. China basically owns us with everything they supply to the US, including the massive amounts of money we owe them as a country, and Russia is full of crazies that actually do have good nuke capabilities and we don't need to start that again.

I'm all for action, but we can't pull an Iraq on this one. Besides we should be the least worried, their missle tech has zero chance of reaching the US anytime soon. If anything China and Russia should be the ones that are worring about it at this point.
The problem is that while China and Russia may not like the idea of a nuclear North Korea, They don't have the balls to do anything about it. And now it seems we've lost our balls too if we ever had any in the first place.
The thing is, if we bitch about it, it would be like saying "Do as I say, not as I do." Since we have nuclear weapons, we really don't have a right telling someone not to have any. Even if it is to a 3 foot tall man with an inferiority complex. That looks like an old lesbian.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
krys Wrote:The thing is, if we bitch about it, it would be like saying "Do as I say, not as I do." Since we have nuclear weapons, we really don't have a right telling someone not to have any. Even if it is to a 3 foot tall man with an inferiority complex. That looks like an old lesbian.

This is actually incorrect. You're comparing a Republic to a Dictatorship.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
krys Wrote:The thing is, if we bitch about it, it would be like saying "Do as I say, not as I do." Since we have nuclear weapons, we really don't have a right telling someone not to have any. Even if it is to a 3 foot tall man with an inferiority complex. That looks like an old lesbian.

Agreed. Whole lot easier for a nutso (possibly/probably) dying leader, or rogue military commander in N. Korea to hurl up a few nukes, in comparison to something like that happening here in America. Quite a bit more stability in the military/government here in the US.
potthole Wrote:
admin Wrote:

Agreed. Whole lot easier for a nutso (possibly/probably) dying leader, or rogue military commander in N. Korea to hurl up a few nukes, in comparison to something like that happening here in America. Quite a bit more stability in the military/government here in the US.
not only that, while it may seem like a do as i say type of thing, our nuclear program was done long ago, we have learned the seriousness of these weapons and we don't really use them either, as do all of the other countries who have the technology. North korea has shown that if they ever did have that kind of technology they would make an attempt to use it against others.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/...lear-test/
North Korea is just bound and determined to be a giant pain in the ass. Hotwings is right, I say if Lil Kimmy likes to play with nukes soooo much we should give him one.

[Image: mushroom_web.jpg]
Mad Dog Wrote:North Korea is just bound and determined to be a giant pain in the ass. Hotwings is right, I say if Lil Kimmy likes to play with nukes soooo much we should give him one.

[Image: mushroom_web.jpg]
Hell Yea!!!! Let's go get'um....
What? I didn't do it.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGiglVxRMmM[/youtube]
Maybe this explains everything
Lil Kim has picked a perfect time in history to rattle his saber this hard. Europe has no will. China and Russia are holding their collective breath. Japan has been nutered. And Obama Is to busy beating up the "Bush Legacy" and licking the balls of Islam and spending our way to oblivion. Stay tuned, this is going to get interesting.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/13/north-korea-nuclear-weapon-plutonium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ju ... -plutonium</a><!-- m -->
Mad Dog Wrote:Lil Kim has picked a perfect time in history to rattle his saber this hard. Europe has no will. China and Russia are holding their collective breath. Japan has been nutered. And Obama Is to busy beating up the "Bush Legacy" and licking the balls of Islam and spending our way to oblivion. Stay tuned, this is going to get interesting.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jun/13/north-korea-nuclear-weapon-plutonium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ju ... -plutonium</a><!-- m -->

Your name wouldn't happen to really be Spud would it?
Mad Dog Wrote:Obama Is to busy beating up the "Bush Legacy" and licking the balls of Islam and spending our way to oblivion. Stay tuned, this is going to get interesting.

I laughed when I read this. Well done!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Obama Is to busy beating up the "Bush Legacy" and licking the balls of Islam and spending our way to oblivion. Stay tuned, this is going to get interesting.

I laughed when I read this. Well done!
Hey you can call it ball licking or whatever you want, but shit like this has lead to what seems to be a new leader for Tehran. They have held elections and the one who seems to be winning is someone who is pro west. A lot of the voters are saying they will vote for a pro american canidate because of how Obama is as far as the respect he has shown towards Islam. so weather you wish to whine about our president trying to appeal to the middle east, regardless what you think Iran on our side will make things a hell of a lot easier, especially when it comes to an extremest riegeme like in North Korea.

He isn't "beating up the bush legacy" he is simply trying to clean up a mess made by basically making all of islam part of the "axis of evil" and all of the "staying the course" that was done and helping nothing but making us seem like a country of anti-Islamists that lead to the current leadership in Iran.
Gee Philly, your absolutly right !! Except for the fact your wrong.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE55C17K20090613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNew ... 7K20090613</a><!-- m -->

See, acording to Reuters Stab Anajabb won the election.
Mad Dog Wrote:Gee Philly, your absolutly right !! Except for the fact your wrong.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE55C17K20090613" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNew ... 7K20090613</a><!-- m -->

See, acording to Reuters Stab Anajabb won the election.
okay well i never said he won... I did say he seemed to be winning as of yesterday. This was from the polling at the time yesterday. There were plenty of people speaking highly of the opponent. Okay so he lost. It still doesn't change the fact that there is a shift of things going on. This here may not have been a victory, but there was still the surprise of hesbila losing to a pro american in Lebenan where it was thought hesbila would win by landslide.

Okay so I was wrong based off of the info I had heard and read yesterday, so sue me. Regardless what you say If you call trying to appeal to the biggest religion in the world a problem then you truly don't understand how good allies can be.
Philly, They are not are allies, they never have been, and they never will be. We have only ever had one Iranian Leader that was friendly to the United States and that was the Shaw of Iran. And even then the US basically installed him and he was tossed out of his country in disgrace.

What makes you think they are gonna start being all lovey dovey with us now? While it is true that not every person in Iran hates us ( I know because I actually dated an Iranian girl a couple of times) from a governmental stand point, they hate our guts.

They are jealous of the fact that even though they have been nation since ancient times (called by different names) They have barely made it to a twentyth century life style, and much of the population hasn't made it past made it past 17th century living, and they are a proud people, seeing themselves as the cradle of world civilization.

And they are pissed at the fact that, we could wipe them off the face of the earth if we were of the mind to and we wouldn't have to send one troop to do it. North Korea has the same self image problem, only x10. And now Obama, who has been in the white house for six months now, is going to magically change their hearts and mind with a couple of self abasing speeches and and pleading that its ok now cause Bush was a big meanie is naive and dangerous.
Mad Dog Wrote:Philly, They are not are allies, they never have been, and they never will be. We have only ever had one Iranian Leader that was friendly to the United States and that was the Shaw of Iran. And even then the US basically installed him and he was tossed out of his country in disgrace.

What makes you think they are gonna start being all lovey dovey with us now? While it is true that not every person in Iran hates us ( I know because I actually dated an Iranian girl a couple of times) from a governmental stand point, they hate our guts.

They are jealous of the fact that even though they have been nation since ancient times (called by different names) They have barely made it to a twentyth century life style, and much of the population hasn't made it past made it past 17th century living, and they are a proud people, seeing themselves as the cradle of world civilization.

And they are pissed at the fact that, we could wipe them off the face of the earth if we were of the mind to and we wouldn't have to send one troop to do it. North Korea has the same self image problem, only x10. And now Obama, who has been in the white house for six months now, is going to magically change their hearts and mind with a couple of self abasing speeches and and pleading that its ok now cause Bush was a big meanie is naive and dangerous.
There have been many changes going on in the past 10 years there. Even with Bush as president more and more people are looking towards the western way. There are women who are rebelling by wearing tight jeans and shirts, or homosexuals starting their own subculture there. It is only a matter of time until the voice of the people is actually heard. Yes all of the hatred towards the way of the US is not because of Bush, it is mostly because of the conservatives in their corrupt government too, but as has been shown in other countries like India and even china, the people begin to rebel and accept the western ways and the government soon becomes obsolete.
It is not just Obama, not just small things, but they don't hurt the cause either. Korea is different because the leadership has kept the wool over the eyes of the people, but more and more people are starting to realize the truth there too, that plus kim jong il may be very sick too and on his way out. There are a number of things, the UN will have to resolve somehow and it will not be the end of the world. North korea will go no where with this nuclear thing and they know it. this is just a bunch of boasting, they are not stupid enough to ask for a death sentence.
He may be sick and on his way out, but his son that will take over after him is as cruel and crazy as he is.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-0...547835.htm

·The DPRK has warned it would launch a pre-emptive attack against the United States.
·The DPRK will respond to any attempt to blockade it with "resolute and deadly blows."
·The U.N. Security Council on Friday unanimously approved wider sanctions against the DPRK
I'm not gonna lie, this situation is getting ugly. Damn good thing they're missiles suck.
sunshyne Wrote:http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-0...547835.htm

·The DPRK has warned it would launch a pre-emptive attack against the United States.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh sorry, this makes me laugh so much cause they have no way of even getting near us with a big enough force to do anything but die. Attack a country that could nuke your entire country in one shot...yea that'd be the smart way to go...
zdunklee Wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh sorry, this makes me laugh so much cause they have no way of even getting near us with a big enough force to do anything but die. Attack a country that could nuke your entire country in one shot...yea that'd be the smart way to go...

they aren't even worth a nuke. We could wipe them out with our JV team.
Philly Mike Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

they aren't even worth a nuke. We could wipe them out with our JV team.

Canada? :lol:
the terrorist that killed all the people on 9/11 knew they couldn't hit the whole country, but thousands of people died and millions of people were effected. Even if NK could only reach California; LA, San Diego and a few other cities have massive populations.
And I'm thinking that he might be talking about US citizens in other countries. He could attack any of our troops in the mideast.
Besides, if you're crazy, you don't think of consequences. And the US would not nuke NK, even though we could. The whole world would be mad at us for doing the same. we would probably just send a well coordinated, annialating missile on top of Kim's head, and hopefully kill his son at the same time.

I think the main problem is we are talking about him like hes a normal sane, logical person.
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/KF12Dg01.html
sunshyne Wrote:the terrorist that killed all the people on 9/11 knew they couldn't hit the whole country, but thousands of people died and millions of people were effected. Even if NK could only reach California; LA, San Diego and a few other cities have massive populations.
And I'm thinking that he might be talking about US citizens in other countries. He could attack any of our troops in the mideast.
Besides, if you're crazy, you don't think of consequences. And the US would not nuke NK, even though we could. The whole world would be mad at us for doing the same. we would probably just send a well coordinated, annialating missile on top of Kim's head, and hopefully kill his son at the same time.

I think the main problem is we are talking about him like hes a normal sane, logical person.

I don't think lee was serious about nuking them. I also know that any conflict with north korea will not be done without a fight. We would have to put a serious force in there, with cooperation of china and russia mostly. We would have to send in a good strike force working with allied forces to entrap lil' kim and his minions. once started we would have to do suddenly and whthout halting. We would have to take him out as quickly as possible, but we need to put long consideration in on what we do. We can't go in now, we need to really have a plan set up. The main reason is because kim jong il is crazy and paranoid. he will be ready at most points because of this. We would have to plan for every possible precaution he may have taken and prepare countermeasures for each of these precautions and countermeasures for each possible failure. We can't have another Iraq on our hands. If planned properly a strong and swift strike can be possible. A wise man once said something to the nature of, prolonged war benefits no one, he also said to plan for the worst because if you don't it will happen. Both of these are very applicable here because these are mistakes we have made in consideration for Iraq. We did not plan for an insurgency so we have prolonged warfare, and that is benefiting no one.
Looks like they are still asking for it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090618/NEWS-US-KOREA-NORTH-SHIP/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-ge ... ORTH-SHIP/</a><!-- m -->
Mad Dog Wrote:Looks like they are still asking for it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20090618/NEWS-US-KOREA-NORTH-SHIP/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-ge ... ORTH-SHIP/</a><!-- m -->
I know what the story is, I saw it on the news so i didn't really check the article, so i don't know if they mentioned this, but china and russia are completely backing the UN on this matter too. Looks like we will have the support we need once things go if it gets that far (assuming something hasn't already been put in motion by our military)
Hawaii gets fortified

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/19/world/....html?_r=2
Philly Mike Wrote:
Mad Dog Wrote:Looks like they are still asking for it.

I know what the story is, I saw it on the news so i didn't really check the article, so i don't know if they mentioned this, but china and russia are completely backing the UN on this matter too. Looks like we will have the support we need once things go if it gets that far (assuming something hasn't already been put in motion by our military)

And by support do you mean trrops on the ground and a landing spot for our military or just a simple thumbs up for protecting ourselves once the missles start launching twards Hawaii? I'm guessing it is the latter.
I don't think the president is knave enough to not have more of a force on the ground and working with allied forces on the ground.
The good news is that at least we are getting prepared for the shit to hit the fan.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eLg182ecSY&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eLg182e ... r_embedded</a><!-- m -->
I wonder if this little statment by the Pentegon will piss off Lil' Kim.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/24/pentagon-dismisses-silly-north-koreas-threat-wipe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06 ... reat-wipe/</a><!-- m -->