Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone 3G S and 3.0 Software
This thread is for all the nerds out there. Apple has finally released information about the rumored new iPhone and iPhone software.

Software 3.0 will be released on June 17th with new features including cut, copy, and paste, as well as MMS. The new iPhone 3G S will be released June 19th and is expected to be at least 2X faster than the original 3G and also has an upgraded camera.

Click here for iPhone 3G S info
Click here for software 3.0 update info
wtf you mean the 3g didn't have cut copy paste or mms??? wow that sux. I have all of that on my G1 Tongue
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
ok not exactly a big nerd but am interested in getting the new iphone just want to know what the difference is between that and the blackberry. I got a blackberry last year simply because it was free but am looking to upgrade
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
I think one of the biggest differences is (and this may not be the case anymore) that the the internet on the iPhone can be as you see it on a computer, although most popular websites now have a mobile version, and the internet on a blackberry is always a scaled down mobile version. Also, I think that the battery life has typically been better on a blackberry. Of course, the iPhone is much more powerful when it comes to media, having the built-in iPod. I'm not sure if blackberries have GPS.

Another big improvement for the new iPhone is memory. I think the largest 3G was 16GB, maybe 8GB. The 3G S will have a 16GB version ($199) and a 32GB version ($299).
Thats true about the memory, but unlike the iphone you can upgrade a blackberry's memory with any size of memory, or switch out a battery when it goes bad. The newer blackberry's also have GPS.

And really, a music player is a music player...
burnking Wrote:I think one of the biggest differences is (and this may not be the case anymore) that the the internet on the iPhone can be as you see it on a computer, although most popular websites now have a mobile version, and the internet on a blackberry is always a scaled down mobile version. Also, I think that the battery life has typically been better on a blackberry. Of course, the iPhone is much more powerful when it comes to media, having the built-in iPod. I'm not sure if blackberries have GPS.

Another big improvement for the new iPhone is memory. I think the largest 3G was 16GB, maybe 8GB. The 3G S will have a 16GB version ($199) and a 32GB version ($299).

I was wondering how much can be held on an 8GB memory I-phone. I would not use the phone for much other than a few pictures and a few apps. Just want to know how well it would work
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!