Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July Get Together ?
Okay peeps, lets start planning the midsummer get together.

I'm think of aiming it somewhere around July 19th

is this enough time to clear your schedules ?

annnnd, what are we thinking of ?

Beer, food and conversation again ?

Or perhaps an activity mixed with our beer and food and conversation ?

Bowling ? Whitecaps game ? Flaming hatchet fight ?

Or perhaps a day at the beach ?

Camping trip ?

let's get a few ideas boiling and see what we can come up with
Wowie Groovie !
Millenium Park
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Not a bad choice. We could get a pvaillion and grill up some burgers and brats.
Wowie Groovie !
Good Call Biff, they allow Alcohol during the summer months too! Win for everybody!
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
I like Millenium Park. It's pretty sweet.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I've never been to Millenium Park but all I know is that if you guys are a bunch of idiots I can always take my kids to the splash pad.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:I've never been to Millenium Park but all I know is that if you guys are a bunch of idiots I can always take my kids to the splash pad.

Oh, you know you can count on that!! Wink
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Us + alcohol = probably not kid frienldy.
Wowie Groovie !
I'm up for it. Hopefully I won't be too insane busy.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
The only issue there is that there is now an admission to get into the park...I'm up for camping....always good fun when fires and tents are involved.
Do what's right....even when no one is looking.
0rz0ski Wrote:I'm up for it. Hopefully I won't be too insane busy.

With what ?
Wowie Groovie !
I think an activity would be good.

Maybe Craigs Cruisers (I just want to see about 10 grown adults walk in and start playing games, laser tag, mini golf, and go carts)

Another option would be a park like stated above.. maybe one that offers different stuff than just swimming such as disc golf, fishing, etc..

The Break Room has good deals during the weeknights if you guys shoot pool at all... maybe we could do a board tournament with a small buyin to cover the green fees and the winner getting recognition on the board via status or avatar.

Whatever it ends up being, just give me enough of advanced notice, and I will make sure I get the time off.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I never been to Millenium Park. But it sounds like a lot of fun. I am in.
I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.
vsangelchick Wrote:The only issue there is that there is now an admission to get into the park...I'm up for camping....always good fun when fires and tents are involved.

Since when? I have been there about 5 or 6 times already this year to use the bike trails. They do charge for the splashpad/swimming, but just going into the park is free, or at least I haven't had to pay yet.

Here is the website for anyone wanting to see the info about it: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.millennium-park.org/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.millennium-park.org/index.htm</a><!-- m -->
Thanks. Z for the web site for millennium park. I have never been there. It looks great. I am going to have to check it before the 19th. Your web page also gave me directions to the park. :clap:
What weekend is the Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven? People at work are thinking about entering in to the Beach Run 5k and I wouldn't want it to interfere.
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I seem to recall that's around late July or early August, but it has been years since I've been.
Mad Dog Wrote:What weekend is the Coast Guard Festival in Grand Haven? People at work are thinking about entering in to the Beach Run 5k and I wouldn't want it to interfere.

Last weekend of July through First weekend of August.
Wow, I nailed that one on the head! Hell of a guess on my part!
I just found out that my company picnic is July 18. So the July 19 works well.
While we were in Springfield, Joe mentioned that they were working on getting another Think Fast gameshow together. I don't remember if he said July or August was the timeframe. Just an FYI...
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
If they do that, we should totally put together a board team.

I am pretty good at general trivia.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I think I could be quite handy to have on a Think Fast team. I would be so down for going to one of those.
It is 4 per team and we could most likely enter several board teams. We actually talked about this at the GRBC in June.
What is the cost to enter these things, and shouldn't we get a discount since we are suuuuuuch loyal fans?
It's $40 for a team, so $10 a person. It's worth it Mad Dog.

that sounds like fun.
I would totally be on board for a thinkfast game show team
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I'm all envious because I wouldn't be able to do it.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
So Is this gonna actually Happen? Are we gonna actually have a Message board picnic at Millinium Park?
Mad Dog Wrote:So Is this gonna actually Happen? Are we gonna actually have a Message board picnic at Millinium Park?

How about a cook out at Johnson Park? They have grills there. I'd supply the charcoal and everyone could bring whatever meat they wanted and perhaps a dish to pass? It's a big park and they have a lot of playground equipment for the kids (if you have them).
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Sounds good to me, How about anyone else? And what time? Say 1:00pm tomorrow?
Mad Dog Wrote:Sounds good to me, How about anyone else? And what time? Say 1:00pm tomorrow?

I know I cannot do tomorrow and since this place gets so little traffic on the weekends I doubt you'll get more of a response.

We should shoot for a Saturday evening in August.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
ok sweet. How about August 15th?
We could do Lamar Park (15 bucks for a reservation instead of 50).
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Lamar is cool with me. Only a couple miles from the house and it has a disc golf course.
Sorry, won't be there.

Saturdays would work better for me as well as I just let Best Buy know I don't want to work Saturdays anymore.
0rz0ski Wrote:Sorry, won't be there.

would another day work better?
Maybe the 22nd.