Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcast 6/11
In downloading today's podcast, there is a segment that is just labeled "Podcast Notification." Usually when this happens its Zane given some message to podcasters, but this segment won't download. Anyone else having this issue or know what it is about?
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
I got mine no problem, it's Zane saying that the current way of getting the podcast ends June 19th, and before that we should be getting an e-mail with a password for the new system. Also that track 1 is missing from today because something messed up
Thanks for the info! Is there any idea what the new way will be? Can it still be downloaded on iTunes?
certainlycertainly Wrote:Thanks for the info! Is there any idea what the new way will be? Can it still be downloaded on iTunes?
if it is anything like the way i get things done. Instead of getting the link from email you will get it from the web page when you log in using your VIP account, and if you have problems getting the podcast you just have to go on to the site from that pc and log in to your VIP account for authentication. only drawback is that the download will be one big file and it will not be available until 2 - 2.5 hours after the show.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Philly Mike Wrote:only drawback is that the download will be one big file and it will not be available until 2 - 2.5 hours after the show.

The late availability will kinda suck, though I do like the 1-file download. I podcast because I have no local affiliate to listen to, but I still like to listen in the morning (I'm usually about 2 hours behind). Now I'll have to listen in the afternoon instead of the morning. At least the show will keep me from nodding off at my desk at 3pm! Big Grin
I dont know, I'll have to wait for my password to see if I like it or not. It sounds like I'm going to hate it, but that's the way it is I guess. I would assume that it's going to help with problems like repeating tracks and skipping them like track 1 this morning. Lately I've been about a day behind anyway
Helichopter Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:only drawback is that the download will be one big file and it will not be available until 2 - 2.5 hours after the show.

The late availability will kinda suck, though I do like the 1-file download. I podcast because I have no local affiliate to listen to, but I still like to listen in the morning (I'm usually about 2 hours behind). Now I'll have to listen in the afternoon instead of the morning. At least the show will keep me from nodding off at my desk at 3pm! Big Grin

open this location in your windows media player

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://media.streamads.com/clientdata/regent/asx/WGRD.asx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://media.streamads.com/clientdata/r ... x/WGRD.asx</a><!-- m -->

you get the grd webcast from there and jobs don't usually block WMP

Ashleyme Wrote:I dont know, I'll have to wait for my password to see if I like it or not. It sounds like I'm going to hate it, but that's the way it is I guess. I would assume that it's going to help with problems like repeating tracks and skipping them like track 1 this morning. Lately I've been about a day behind anyway

wont help at all. The other day i had a double segment in the middle somewhere, and as far as the missing segment, zane explained that the recording device wasn't working then so there is none.
well, I just hope the e-mail explains it really well because I'm technologically stupid haha
Guess I am gonna be listening a day behind from now on, gonna have to see how that one big file is encoded to see if I can split it up somehow. I am assuming they are spliced together with the commercials taken out so it shouldn't be too hard.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Ashleyme Wrote:well, I just hope the e-mail explains it really well because I'm technologically stupid haha
well in case you want to try the link all you have to do is highlight the link i put up there, copy it and open windows media player. from there go to file>open url> paste the url into the window and click ok or whtever it is you have to click.
give it a few seconds and the furthest behind you will be is about 5 minutes
[
Will this podcast not have the dumps and be without the 15 second delay? They always say some interent listeners are delighted when somebody swears, I never really knew how.
I imagine it will have the same dumps and bleeps as before, as it seems to be the same equipment recording the audio on their end, just how its formatted changes.

I just think it will be annoying if you don't listen to the entire podcast at once, you'll now have to skip through hours of audio to find where you left off. Has there been any word as to how this will work on iTunes? I just throw the podcast on my ipod and listen to it while I work during the day, didn't know if this will be affected or not.
certainlycertainly Wrote:I imagine it will have the same dumps and bleeps as before, as it seems to be the same equipment recording the audio on their end, just how its formatted changes.

I just think it will be annoying if you don't listen to the entire podcast at once, you'll now have to skip through hours of audio to find where you left off. Has there been any word as to how this will work on iTunes? I just throw the podcast on my ipod and listen to it while I work during the day, didn't know if this will be affected or not.

Well all of the fun bleeps and boops are there, that's why I like listening on the net when I can. As far as picking up where left off... that's why I am happy my phone remembers where it left off, even if I have to turn the phone off, but yeah it does suck when trying to skip over places you heard live. My best suggestion is to try out audacity it is an audio editing program and it is free. Very useful . You can clip out what you don't need and take the rest with you.
Was there another podcast announcement today (June 12)? It showed up in my iTunes list, but for the second day in a row, I can't seem to download it. Also is there a segment 16 today?
certainlycertainly Wrote:Was there another podcast announcement today (June 12)? It showed up in my iTunes list, but for the second day in a row, I can't seem to download it. Also is there a segment 16 today?
I have heard a couple of people having a hard time with itunes itself. Try what I do. I use google reader. If you have a gmail or google account you can log in on google and click the "more" and go to reader. You can paste the feed link into the reader setup and to download you would right click the original audio link and save target as.

google reader updates nicely and if you don't really feel like downloading you could always just stream. another advantage is that it is all based in the browser so you can access it from anywhere without downloading anything.
Philly Mike Wrote:
certainlycertainly Wrote:Was there another podcast announcement today (June 12)? It showed up in my iTunes list, but for the second day in a row, I can't seem to download it. Also is there a segment 16 today?
I have heard a couple of people having a hard time with itunes itself. Try what I do. I use google reader. If you have a gmail or google account you can log in on google and click the "more" and go to reader. You can paste the feed link into the reader setup and to download you would right click the original audio link and save target as.

google reader updates nicely and if you don't really feel like downloading you could always just stream. another advantage is that it is all based in the browser so you can access it from anywhere without downloading anything.
I almost forgot. If you are going along with the new way you need to be logged into your VIP account on the web page to access the podcast. That's for once you guys get the switch over info.