Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After one year/One Year Anniversary
A year ago this place was born. I remember I actually still had a job at that time, I lived in Philly, things were way different for me. I had joined almost a week after this place was started, when they mentioned it on the show.

What are your thoughts on the past year of this place? What if anything have you gained from joining here? Any other things to say?
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I live in the same place, with the same job, eating the same food…only now I work more hours and have less money.
Yay for new friends! Plus, now I have something to do while I'm at work.....other than work. Big Grin
I started out being a dick by intentionally posting stuff that I knew would rile people up (such as spam) but eventually settled in and and stopped trolling.

Have gotten to know some really good people on here. Don't know what I would do with myself during the day now if I didn't have this place to come to.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:I started out being a dick by intentionally posting stuff that I knew would rile people up (such as spam) but eventually settled in and and stopped trolling.

Y'know, I caught on to that and I was keeping my eye on you for awhile.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
My life certainly has changed! I'm minus a husband, but have a great new house and my beautiful kids with me!! I have met some great people here and love to visit!! Hope to someday meet many of you!!! If anyone needs to get away, come on up to Maine!!
Opus Wrote:Have gotten to know some really good people on here. Don't know what I would do with myself during the day now if I didn't have this place to come to.

QFT.

I'm pretty much the same person I was a year ago, plus a second job and a few pounds.
That's what she said.
Ok.. I have a pretty good understanding of txt spk, but I am going to have to ask what QFT stands for.

Its probably something simple that everybody and their mother knows and I will probably have a moment of embarrasment after you tell me, but I gotta know.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:Ok.. I have a pretty good understanding of txt spk, but I am going to have to ask what QFT stands for.

Its probably something simple that everybody and their mother knows and I will probably have a moment of embarrasment after you tell me, but I gotta know.
don't feel bad, idk either.
Philly Mike what part of delran you live in? Because I grew up there
"Eat, drink and be merry
For tomorrow we die "
dmb486 Wrote:Philly Mike what part of delran you live in? Because I grew up there
i am on 130, just off of haines mill rd
Nice, grew up on swedes run. Parents still live there. Now I live in the city in Roxborough
"Eat, drink and be merry
For tomorrow we die "
QFT = quoted for truth
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
dmb486 Wrote:Nice, grew up on swedes run. Parents still live there. Now I live in the city in Roxborough
ugh i hate roxborough, had a cousin live there, i don't like it when i have to worry about hills that rival an amusement park roller coaster
admin Wrote:QFT = quoted for truth
at least someone knew... didnt look like she was still around to answer Tongue
:Moonie:
After a year, I'm all healed up from all my surgerys and now I'm happy, Been through a few girl friends and I'm not in any big hurry to get one anymore. You guys are all the love I need.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I've always thought QFT was "Quite effing True."

Let's see, in this past year I've technically had the same job, although changed offices and changed job descriptions. Bought my first house. Replaced a car. Celebrated my first year of being married. Started a company.

Yeah, sounds like a busy year to me.
I learned....

Ummmm.

Nothing, I'm still the same asshole D-bag I was a year ago.

Though I do think I've gained a few friends along the way.
Wowie Groovie !
Mad Dog Wrote:You guys are all the love I need.

AWWWWs Group Hug!!! Tongue
What? I didn't do it.
Titan! Wrote:I learned....

Ummmm.

Nothing, I'm still the same a-hole D-bag I was a year ago.

Though I do think I've gained a few friends along the way.

I disagree. You were a major a-hole when you started. You're much more tolerable now.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1&p=532#p532" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1&p=532#p532</a><!-- l -->
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
So Tit was major a-hole before major a-hole became a major A-hole? Confusedhock:
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
It's been quite the last year for me.. + a relationship, + a job + happiness, then - the relationship, followed by - the job subsequently - the happiness.. then.. first of the year,+ a sweet guy, eventually + a relationship, then I moved to CT, then I moved back to Albany, + a stupid mistake, still - a job, still have the aforementioned sweet guy, still have the relationship, but borderline depressed about still not having a job....

doesanyofthatmakeanysensetoanyonebutme???

probably not lol...
Pretty much the same here... Except....
+ One Kid
- My husbands ability to create kids
= Tara will never become pregnant again....

Plus I am three years sober now!!! HORRAY!!!
peachs Wrote:doesanyofthatmakeanysensetoanyonebutme???

probably not lol...
Yes it does...

boizalynne Wrote:Plus I am three years sober now!!! HORRAY!!!

Congrats! that's a nice milestone to achieve.
It was one year ago today that the show put the link on the website and announced it on air.

I was given no formal warning. Potthole called me and asked about moderating permissions so I checked the board. Holy crap. I just put my head in my hands and kept saying "what have I done..........".

Thank you to all of you for making this one of the most enjoyable places on the net. :clap:
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Heh, I remember that day well.

I was at worked and on a whim decided to hop over to the previously empty board. As soon as the page loaded my eyes got as big as plates-- there were people posting! And lots of them!

Quickly I logged in and started to look around. The place was like a wild west shootout. "No problem," I thought to myself, "I've got mod powers, I'll just do some cleanup work." I then stopped dead in my tracks, so-to-say, as I realized my mod powers weren't activated yet. It was then that I got on the horn and called Biff to let him know what was up.

The rest of the day was spent sneaking online for a minute here and there, checking to see just how insane stuff was getting over here. When I got home from work I was finally able to login with my mod powers activated and start to bring some sort of sanity to the mess.
potthole Wrote:Heh, I remember that day well.

I was at worked and on a whim decided to hop over to the previously empty board. As soon as the page loaded my eyes got as big as plates-- there were people posting! And lots of them!

Quickly I logged in and started to look around. The place was like a wild west shootout. "No problem," I thought to myself, "I've got mod powers, I'll just do some cleanup work." I then stopped dead in my tracks, so-to-say, as I realized my mod powers weren't activated yet. It was then that I got on the horn and called Biff to let him know what was up.

The rest of the day was spent sneaking online for a minute here and there, checking to see just how insane stuff was getting over here. When I got home from work I was finally able to login with my mod powers activated and start to bring some sort of sanity to the mess.

Man that would have been embarrassing…

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58&p=938#p930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58&p=938#p930</a><!-- l -->

Oh shit...
Wow, what a year it has been!! I just want to thank you Biff for all you have done. That sentence alone does carry the gratitude I feel for you though. I guess it's one of those "words cannot express" things. :bow: :clap: :thumbup: :wave:

Everything is pretty much the same, except for the fact that I have soooo many new friends from this forum. The highlights of my year definitely include getting to me the guys and several members here. And let's not forget being voted MVP of the forum. That was pretty damn sweet!

:ThankYou:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
My one year will be on the 20th I believe...

Let's see, in a year I've...

Gotten breast implants.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Got laid off. That was neat.