Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going on with the new website?
Fellow Forum Members,

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue yet regarding the new website but I just received this email....

We are sorry to inform you that your credit card was declined when we recently attempted to renew your freebeerandhotwings.com VIP Club Membership.
This was your credit card with the number ending in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
We will attempt to renew your membership with this card 4 more times over the next 6 days. You will receive notices each time we attempt your card. If we can't renew your membership we will deactivate your account.
To change your billing information, please visit the "My Account" section. Click on <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/site/member/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/site/member/login</a><!-- m --> to visit freebeerandhotwings.com. You will need your email address and password. Go to the "Manage Credit Cards" section and choose a new card to use for VIP Club Membership billing.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
freebeerandhotwings.com Customer Service Team

I subscribed to a podcast in February, there is no way that has expired. Why am I being charged for a VIP account? I thought we were automatically going to be switched over and given access to the website. Not to mention the fact that the credit card info they gave is for a card that does not and has never belonged to me. They need to clean up the bugs in this website fast because if it starts affecting credit card info, and starts charging people, things could get ugly.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
Follow up...I emailed customer service about this, and their response was that perhaps my billing address was wrong. Again, I never signed up for anything with the new website, I shouldn't be getting charged. They clearly aren't aware of what's going on and admittedly I'm pretty concerned that this could get messy.
I got the same thing. The card number they said they used isn't even right. I'll see if I can put in my card number to see if it will make a difference.
Same thing here, what the hell is going on, my podcast isnt up till mid july...

Maybe Steev can get to the bottom of this? We shouldn't be charged for a renewal that isn't due yet.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Is that the email we were supposed to get today? I never got anything
I didn't get anything either. But I'm not paying again. I bet it's just another bug, but I'm getting irritated at ALL the bugs that have come up so far.
What? I didn't do it.
it was probably because they traded things over from the old server and it registered in their system as a renewal with bad info. it is probably a kink the web guys need to work.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Quote:it was probably because they traded things over from the old server and it registered in their system as a renewal with bad info. it is probably a kink the web guys need to work.

I agree. I went to the site after getting this and put in that I forgot my password. I got an email to reset it, and then was into the VIP area.

They probably forgot to disable this automated notification system for our accounts.
Being that everyone got this email, I'm not worried about it. Just another glitch they'll fix.
That's what she said.
Who's on the "Free Beer and Hot Wings.Com Customer Service Team"

seriously is there really a "Team"

Like do the have a captain, and a starting line up? Are there bench players and referees ? If they win their championship for the season do they get a trophy ? Is there a ball of some sort involved ?
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Who's on the "Free Beer and Hot Wings.Com Customer Service Team"

seriously is there really a "Team"

Like do the have a captain, and a starting line up? Are there bench players and referees ? If they win their championship for the season do they get a trophy ? Is there a ball of some sort involved ?
[Image: notfunny.jpg]
LimpBagel Wrote:
Quote:it was probably because they traded things over from the old server and it registered in their system as a renewal with bad info. it is probably a kink the web guys need to work.

I agree. I went to the site after getting this and put in that I forgot my password. I got an email to reset it, and then was into the VIP area.

They probably forgot to disable this automated notification system for our accounts.
yeah that worked for me too. thanks :thumbup:
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
I still haven't gotten the email....
What? I didn't do it.
MissyT Wrote:I still haven't gotten the email....
possibly time to send an email...
we found ours days later in the spam folder. It was the thing about the wrong credit card. I followed someone's advice on here, put your e-mail address as the login and then "reset password", and they will e-mail you a link to change your password, then you're in
Noticed that there was an automated e-mail from the FBHW website today, basically one of those "We miss you and your podcast/VIP membership" type things. Ok, makes sense, no problem.

Then I noticed I had gotten it NINE additional times. Seriously, make sure your various e-mail/website things work before you throw them out there.
I received an email back from the customer support, they told me to ignore all previous emails regarding the declined credit card. They are being sent out in error and eventually new log in info will be sent out. However I also had success with the "forgot my password" link on the website and that gave me the VIP access

There are still a lot of issues though with the site not keeping me logged it, a lot of times if I try to click on something from the VIP section, it will ask me to log in again, and it will just continuously take me back to that screen. Bugs are being fixed, but there's still a lot more to go.
potthole Wrote:Noticed that there was an automated e-mail from the FBHW website today, basically one of those "We miss you and your podcast/VIP membership" type things. Ok, makes sense, no problem.

Then I noticed I had gotten it NINE additional times. Seriously, make sure your various e-mail/website things work before you throw them out there.
Got it too.

Guess what... the links in the emails are invalid too.

Each time this website screws up, it reflects worse and worse on the company that put it together.

I would NEVER hire this company to do a website after seeing how they handled this launch.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Noticed that there was an automated e-mail from the FBHW website today, basically one of those "We miss you and your podcast/VIP membership" type things. Ok, makes sense, no problem.

Got it too.

Each time this website screws up, it reflects worse and worse on the company that put it together.

I would NEVER hire this company to do a website after seeing how they handled this launch.

What really gets me is that you know the guys on the show would be ALL OVER the competition if they launched a half-finished/buggy site. I know that most, if not all, of the website issues aren't the fault of FBHW themselves, but come on, your tech people are not doing your show any favors through all of this.
potthole Wrote:
Opus Wrote:

Got it too.

What really gets me is that you know the guys on the show would be ALL OVER the competition if they launched a half-finished/buggy site. I know that most, if not all, of the website issues aren't the fault of FBHW themselves, but come on, your tech people are not doing your show any favors through all of this.
Exactly.

And it seems they got their panties all in a bunch when we busted their balls about it here.

I've been pretty silent about this whole thing til now, only chiming in here and there with info, not really bitching, but now I'm starting to get mad about this.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
All I got was this : "We've noticed that it's been a while since you were a VIP member of FreeBeerAndHotWings.com and we would like to invite you back.

Since you left, we've been working hard to enhance the FreeBeerAndHotWings.com VIP experience.

We have redesigned the site from top to bottom and there are many features and benefits to being a VIP subscriber."
I signed up a week ago, but not as a VIP, just a general login. I tried to go and reset my password and I still don't get the VIP. I looked in my spam folder and nothing from them. I don't know....
What? I didn't do it.
Got my VIP email today, all I had to do was click a link and confirm my info and pick a password, now I am all set up on the new site. About damn time...Nox Solutions = teh suck.
zdunklee Wrote:Got my VIP email today, all I had to do was click a link and confirm my info and pick a password, now I am all set up on the new site. About damn time...Nox Solutions = teh suck.

[SARCASM] But they've got some guy from India who works for them! [/SARCASM]
i dont know if this is related or not but i have a checking account for things like the podcast.. xbox live and other bs like that... well the day i got that email my checking went from $250 to negetive $354.. but no charges other than overdraft fees ( 13 in all ) but NO WITHDRAWLS.. im still talking with the bank about it but if its because of the website im gonna be pissed! like calling the show about sending me a check pissed.
The new website SUCKS.

I wonder what the guys really think of it.

Blogging already seems like it's a chore, rather than something they want to do.

Hardly anyone uses the forums.

The podcasting is nearly unusable.

The videos are updated just the same as they were on the old site.

I understand the point of hiring steve. It's freed up joe to work on air more, and to search for guests more, and he handles the website stuff/content stuff. He's been a good addition. But the change to the new website has been brutal.
I personally feel the new site is pretty nice, but they still have some dennis miller bugs to work out and the coding all around is pretty horrible, if they could actually clean these stupid mistakes the site would be a lot more enjoyable.
I blame the hosting/creating company for that not the guys. The site could be good but the company launched the site before it was done and it still had errors and links/references to other shows, etc.

Any good web design company would have launched it in a reserve spot and let the guys look at it and catch some errors first before actually replacing the old one. Apparently not these guys however because that idiot Piam apparently thinks he knows best and can't even make sure stuff works right before launch and is slow to fix things after launch as well apparently.
I'm with zdunk. Any frustrations/dislikes I've got with the new website are aimed squarely on the new company thaat built the site.
potthole Wrote:I'm with zdunk. Any frustrations/dislikes I've got with the new website are aimed squarely on the new company thaat built the site.

Agreed. To their credit I think the guys have done a really good job of trying to build some momentum with the site. There are many more videos and links than there ever were before, and while I agree they don't all seem to love the blogs, they've already done more updates than I thought they would. I think its got the potential to be a really good site, just needs some major cleaning, I'm surprised they haven't mentioned the bugs on the air at all.
Please forward any podcasting issues you have to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com">idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e -->. We'll forward these to the appropriate people.

By "issues", I mean problems you have getting the podcast (i.e. login info doesn't work, podcast links aren't valid, VIP issues, etc.).

Thanks!

-steve
certainlycertainly Wrote:
potthole Wrote:I'm with zdunk. Any frustrations/dislikes I've got with the new website are aimed squarely on the new company thaat built the site.

Agreed. To their credit I think the guys have done a really good job of trying to build some momentum with the site. There are many more videos and links than there ever were before, and while I agree they don't all seem to love the blogs, they've already done more updates than I thought they would. I think its got the potential to be a really good site, just needs some major cleaning, I'm surprised they haven't mentioned the bugs on the air at all.

I like the look of the new site. I like the audio and video players they have embedded. Wish the videos had captions, but that's not a huge deal. Only wish they could sort of out problems with the various e-mails, because those are an annoyance.
potthole Wrote:I like the look of the new site. I like the audio and video players they have embedded. Wish the videos had captions, but that's not a huge deal.

If you go to the video archive page and put your mouse over the video, a short description will pop up. In the video reel, there are also captions. Hope this helps!

-steve
I had noticed that with a couple of the videos awhile back, but haven't been seeing it recently. Must just be my computer. Thanks for the heads-up on that, though, Steve.
"Scuba Steve! damnyou!"
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
thanks Super Pickle
What? I didn't do it.
I fill in all the fields, credit card number, etc, but when I go to submit, I get an error message that says "Address has been standardized". What the fuck does this shit mean, i've tried entering my adress every way imaginable but keep getting the same fucking message? I've never seen an error message like this before, so i have no idea what it means. What retarded, pants-shitting window-licker set this shit up?

anyone else have the same problem?
I had the same problem. They want you to make your address like the post office does or some crap. What I did was I went to the home page, went get a new membership, put in my info (no CC info), and clicked next - that standardized my address for me. Then I copied that standardized address, went back to the link in my email, and put the "right" way in the address section. What a pain in the ass.
That's what she said.
Allyson Wrote:I had the same problem. They want you to make your address like the post office does or some crap. What I did was I went to the home page, went get a new membership, put in my info (no CC info), and clicked next - that standardized my address for me. Then I copied that standardized address, went back to the link in my email, and put the "right" way in the address section. What a pain in the ass.
Thanks, and yeah, that is a huge pain in the ass. It needs to be fixed.
I have been having all sorts of problems with the site. I have been able to access it a total of 2 times, with every other time giving me an error about not being able to establish a connection to the server.

This is getting frustrating. Also, I had the problem with the address field of the sign up form and it was because I had to change my address from "XXXXX S Croswell" to "XXXXX Croswell Ave" .... very stupid.
kn1nja Wrote:I had to change my address from "XXXXX S Croswell" to "XXXXX Croswell Ave" .... very stupid.

Yea my city name is long, so I had to change it to some random abbreviation I never would have guessed. I also had to say Dr instead of Drive. :wtf:
That's what she said.