Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still no email re: VIP membership
Has everyone else received the information from the show with their new VIP information? I know they said last week that it was supposed to come on Friday but I haven't gotten anything yet. They also haven't replied to my email.

I guess I'm just wondering if everyone is having the same problem or if it's just me.
When did you email? Please send it again to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com">idiots@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e -->. It's being resolved.

-steve
I know steve already responded, but I just got the email at the beginning of the week so it seems they're a little behind schedule.
Haven't got mine yet either.
Sent an email last night.
Mark the Valet Wrote:Haven't got mine yet either.

That is cause they only give them to the cool people Mark.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Mark the Valet Wrote:Haven't got mine yet either.

I sent a second email like Steve instructed and still haven't heard anything. I certainly hope they don't cut off the current way of receiving podcasts until they're totally sure that everyone has access to the new way.
I never recieved a reply, either, but this morning I clicked on the podcast option on their website, and then on the "full podcast of the Free Beer and HotWings show" and the link was automatically added to my itunes podcast.
I haven't gotten mine either. <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedhwig2@yahoo.com">shwig2@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> to send more info.
I never received an email, I just went onto the new site and was able to log in as a VIP. Once I logged on, everything was available, and THEN I started getting emails from them but there was never any initial "you've been grandfathered in" email. I'd suggest trying to login if you haven't already, and if you haven't been transferred, then email them again.
Humans are not rational beings, they are rationalizing
Practice safe sex, do it in a Volvo ___________ "Shut up", he explained.
Same thing happened to me... no emailed instructions, so I emailed the show. FB emailed me back on Thurs, saying I should expect an email soon. Nothing yet. (And yes, I've checked the spam.) I tried what another person suggested, just logging in with the same email address that I subscribed with to see if it worked.... nothing.
Well at least I know I'm not the only one....

Sent a couple of emails last week and didn't hear anything (and another this morning), so I was sort've hoping the transition wasn't going to happen yet. Here I am saddened at the outlook of staring at my computer all day without the podcast to get me through.

I've not received any emails regarding VIP/Podcasting and my sub is good through October.... Sad
Is there anybody out there who has received The Email and can help us out? Is there a generic way to transfer, such as "log in with your email and the password is the invoice number of your subscription" or anything that simple? Or did they send you a link?

eggman Wrote:Here I am saddened at the outlook of staring at my computer all day without the podcast to get me through.
Bummer way to start the week.
I'm not a grandfathered VIP member, but here is what I would suggest. Go to the website and use the email address that you used to get the podcast as your login name and then use the forgotten password link. It's worth a try.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
madkathy Wrote:Is there anybody out there who has received The Email and can help us out? Is there a generic way to transfer, such as "log in with your email and the password is the invoice number of your subscription" or anything that simple? Or did they send you a link?

eggman Wrote:Here I am saddened at the outlook of staring at my computer all day without the podcast to get me through.
Bummer way to start the week.

I wanted to post the link from my email here so you guys could do it... unfortunately the email links are unique since when I clicked on it, it already had my email and home address and my podcast start/expiration dates in there.
That's what she said.
I had seen someone else post about recovering their password with their podcaster email on the site so I tried that, but no dice. I'm signed up, but not a VIP.....ugh. Somehow I just knew that the transition wouldn't go smoothly, and now there's discomfort when I sit.

Plus, this has been one of the LOOOOOOONGEST work days of memory....so quiet and mind-numbing.
I sent an email to the guys this morning for the third time asking for help. Free beer finall responded, telling me to "hang tight" and my problems would be solved. No indication of when, or why ot has been a week since we were supposed to get our new links.
This is seriously getting rediculous. Why stop the old way of getting the podcast when not everyone has gotten the info yet?
The only thing I can think of is because MyTown did the old way of doing the podcast and clearly their services aren't being utilized anymore, so they probably pulled the plug.

Come on dudes, get to it already!
Still nothing!!!
All I did (before I got the real e-mail, is type in my e-mail address as a password. if I went any farther, it said I was already a VIP member, so then I went to "reset password" and I got an e-mail address to a link doing that, and I was in.

It's the crappy single-track podcast though. That's the thrill you have to deal with once you get in
Ashleyme Wrote:All I did (before I got the real e-mail, is type in my e-mail address as a password. if I went any farther, it said I was already a VIP member, so then I went to "reset password" and I got an e-mail address to a link doing that, and I was in.

It's the crappy single-track podcast though. That's the thrill you have to deal with once you get in

That's strange. I thought you had to do something once you signed in. I am having no trouble logging in (with the email address that I subscribed to the podcast with) but it doesn't seem to recognize that I'm a subscriber. I guess I'll just send Steve another email.
I seem to have fallen into a weird dimensional paradox where I can log in to the site as a "VIP Member" only nothing "VIP" is available to me.

...a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind....
I wish I could karma you for that. :thumbup:
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.