Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.400?
Was wondering how much love (if any) Joe Mauer is getting for hitting over .400 at this point in the year. Also what are his odds of hitting .400 for the year. After yesterdays game he is hitting .425. After projecting it out he needs to hit around .385 over the rest of the season to finish above .400.
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
:wtf:

I did not know that, wow impressive. I think if he can hit .400+ through the end of June he stands a good chance of finishing the season that way.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Mauer is amazing this year. Will you still like him when he plays for the Yankees? :lol:
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
zdunklee Wrote::wtf:

I did not know that, wow impressive. I think if he can hit .400+ through the end of June he stands a good chance of finishing the season that way.

I think that's a little too early. Still a lot of baseball left at that point. I'd say if he ends July above the .400 mark he's got a realistic shot at getting it.
admin Wrote:Mauer is amazing this year. Will you still like him when he plays for the Yankees? :lol:

sadly that is what I tell everyone....how great he will look in 2 years when he is wearing pinstripes.
didnt know that either.. gotta give it to him!!
It's very impressive, but I don't think he will be able to keep it up. Pitching is too good in the AL, especially in the AL Central. Being a Tigers fan, I'm a little biased, but still...

People tend to forget the Chipper Jones was hitting .400 for a while last year... that didn't last. In this day and age, pitchers are so much better that I think it is impossible for a hitter to hit .400 in a season.
He's pouting, he's pouting...
It is amazing how if you go 3 games with only one hit your average will plummet 20 points
Just an update cause Im a loser like that...Mauer is up to .383 as of tonight He has a 15 game hitting streak to 15 games. Over that span he is batting a mere .525. Over his last 30 games: .440 in 109 abs :crazy:
plumpenut Wrote:He has a 15 game hitting streak to 15 games.

Huh, you don't say. Wink
Hmm wasnt even drunk when I wrote that.