Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Pirates
Shouldn't the Music Industry save this kind of legal action for big time music pirates, and leave the mothers of four alone? It seems to me that they are being a bunch of douches.

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews...7E20090621
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
ya i read about this a couple of days ago. It's absurd, they hurt their cause more than they help with an extreme move like this.

I think more artists should take the path that radiohead took and do the "name your price for our music" way. This way stupid lawsuits like this will not happen in the future. The internet changed so many things in this world and one of them is that these artists don't need to be with a big record label that will pay them next to nothing for CD sales.

I think more and more will take this route and the big labels will become obsolite.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
If you think about it, Radio Head could have named their price, but still bypassed the Big Music Labels. However the RCA's, BMI"s and Sony's of the world won't ever disapear because a.) alot of music groups have no clue how to really market there stuff and b.) even if they do, mosts bands do not have deep enough pockets to really market themselves properly. Yes you can start your own web site and work on getting booked, but alot of venues want to be guaranteed asses in the seats and freelancers arn't really capable of that guarantee.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:If you think about it, Radio Head could have named their price, but still bypassed the Big Music Labels. However the RCA's, BMI"s and Sony's of the world won't ever disapear because a.) alot of music groups have no clue how to really market there stuff and b.) even if they do, mosts bands do not have deep enough pockets to really market themselves properly. Yes you can start your own web site and work on getting booked, but alot of venues want to be guaranteed asses in the seats and freelancers arn't really capable of that guarantee.
well radiohead stated they have made more money doing this than they have going through a label. The main money is in the concerts and merch. There are a lot of people under the creative commons copyright coming out there and becoming big stars so I can see things going in that direction. Either way it is just ridiculous to sue the people that potentially could buy your material because they downloaded a few songs. They just hurt the industry by doing so, especially a 1.9 million dollar suit for 24 songs. Make it more reasonable if you want to make a statement, this just makes them seem like crying babies.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]