Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The official podcast news/notes thread.
In response to a request made by the show members and in an attempt to consolodate the official positions of the show itself regarding the podcast, we decided to create this thread so that you can get the bottom line without wading through multiple different threads and getting multiple different sides of the story.

As news progresses regarding the podcast, please check this thread for updates.

This post will serve as the bottom line regarding the podcast and this post will be updated as things change regarding the podcast.

The other threads concerning this issue will be locked and we request that you use this thread to discuss the podcast itself. Issues concerning how to get the podcast or comments regarding segments or any thing else not related to news about the podcast should be addressed in its own thread.

So, as of 6/23/09:
The boys announced both on the show and at the beginning of the podcast that our displeasure had been heard and that things were in progress regarding segmenting the podcast rather than having 1 big file. In the meantime, until they are able to upload the individual segments, Zane will be inserting 30 seconds of dead air so that the segments can be more easily identified with the large podcast. When the changeover is made, this thread will be updated to reflect it.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
Opus Wrote:In response to a request made by the show members and in an attempt to consolodate the official positions of the show itself regarding the podcast, we decided to create this thread so that you can get the bottom line without wading through multiple different threads and getting multiple different sides of the story.

As news progresses regarding the podcast, please check this thread for updates.

This post will serve as the bottom line regarding the podcast and this post will be updated as things change regarding the podcast.

The other threads concerning this issue will be locked and we request that you use this thread to discuss the podcast itself. Issues concerning how to get the podcast or comments regarding segments or any thing else not related to news about the podcast should be addressed in its own thread.

So, as of 6/23/09:
The boys announced both on the show and at the beginning of the podcast that our displeasure had been heard and that things were in progress regarding segmenting the podcast rather than having 1 big file. In the meantime, until they are able to upload the individual segments, Zane will be inserting 30 seconds of dead air so that the segments can be more easily identified with the large podcast. When the changeover is made, this thread will be updated to reflect it.

This is cool, I like the idea. We already knew the guys actually pay attention to what people say, it's just good to actually see a change made because of the voice of the listeners. Thanks guys. I mite have to send you an e-card for this Smile
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Yeah, I wasn't getting too bummed out by either format but does anyone else think that people got so freaked out by so many things changing, with the website changing and the VIP stuff being added, that people just flipped when one more thing got changed that it got blown out of proportion and it was more of a reaction to all of the major changes that were going on? I don't know it just seems to me that there wouldn't have been so much drama if the guys had spaced the changes out a little bit. Im sure some of them had to come relativly close to one another but it probably spooked people more than it would have if the changes were more gradual
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
No, the bulky podcast was a major negative change. With the segmented podcasts, you can skip over what you heard live, the repeat segments, the segments you don't like, etc much more easily. Having the 4hr long podcast is miserable and I'm glad it's being rectified.
That's what she said.
Yeah. What Allyson said.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I am pleased by this turn of events. :thumbup:
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
as they said on the show, the podcasts may be gneerally accepted on most shows as one whole thing, but most of those shows only run for like a hour. That's not too bad but when you have a 4+ hour show it makes a difference. Regardless, even if every show in the world does it like that, who is to say these guys may not be ahead of a trend with segmented podcasts Smile
schuyler16 Wrote:Yeah, I wasn't getting too bummed out by either format but does anyone else think that people got so freaked out by so many things changing, with the website changing and the VIP stuff being added, that people just flipped when one more thing got changed that it got blown out of proportion and it was more of a reaction to all of the major changes that were going on? I don't know it just seems to me that there wouldn't have been so much drama if the guys had spaced the changes out a little bit. Im sure some of them had to come relativly close to one another but it probably spooked people more than it would have if the changes were more gradual

Nope, the huge podcast file was just that bad.
I was able to segment today's podcast due to the muted gaps. Took me quite a while, too bad I can't share the files with the people who just have the 1 big file and save them time from doing it themselves.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:I was able to segment today's podcast due to the muted gaps. Took me quite a while, too bad I can't share the files with the people who just have the 1 big file and save them time from doing it themselves.
Dont tell me you are still upset about that whole not being able to post podcasts thing...
:violin: :waaah:
I still don't have my info so no podcasts for me til thats fixed.
What? I didn't do it.
Yea, that one big file blows bad, you could add up all the other "bad" changes and they still couldn't touch how bad one big file is compared to the segmented files. On their vip forum there isn't one person who has posted that they like that way and it is the most active thread there.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
apparently there's an issue for those of us with yahoo email and the spam filter. what I did was set a filter on my email that would send anything with "freebeerandhotwings" in the address to my inbox. then I went to the FBHW website and did the "forgot password" thing under log in. got an email activating my VIP account. now it's all set. :clap:
No I'm not, it's code.
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
mistresskitty Wrote:apparently there's an issue for those of us with yahoo email and the spam filter. what I did was set a filter on my email that would send anything with "freebeerandhotwings" in the address to my inbox. then I went to the FBHW website and did the "forgot password" thing under log in. got an email activating my VIP account. now it's all set. :clap:

Indeed, I have a yahoo email address. Although I have
a)set a freebeerandhotwings filter so that it won't go to spam (done a looong time ago)
b)watched my spam folder just in case the Magic Email didn't come from freebeerandhotwings.com
c)tried the forgotten password thing-- I can log in just fine, but it just keeps offering me to join as a VIP.

Stupid yahoo email address. I don't even like yahoo mail anymore, but I've had the address for 12 years, you know? It would be a pain in the ass to change... and I think it would kill my grandmother, who has a hard enough time with email anyway.

A question for you, mistresskitty (or anyone else who joined the VIP party late): do you get to download podcasts from the days prior to you joining? Or do you only get the podcast starting from the day you get access?
madkathy Wrote:
mistresskitty Wrote:apparently there's an issue for those of us with yahoo email and the spam filter. what I did was set a filter on my email that would send anything with "freebeerandhotwings" in the address to my inbox. then I went to the FBHW website and did the "forgot password" thing under log in. got an email activating my VIP account. now it's all set. :clap:

Indeed, I have a yahoo email address. Although I have
a)set a freebeerandhotwings filter so that it won't go to spam (done a looong time ago)
b)watched my spam folder just in case the Magic Email didn't come from freebeerandhotwings.com
c)tried the forgotten password thing-- I can log in just fine, but it just keeps offering me to join as a VIP.

Stupid yahoo email address. I don't even like yahoo mail anymore, but I've had the address for 12 years, you know? It would be a pain in the ass to change... and I think it would kill my grandmother, who has a hard enough time with email anyway.

A question for you, mistresskitty (or anyone else who joined the VIP party late): do you get to download podcasts from the days prior to you joining? Or do you only get the podcast starting from the day you get access?

the furthest back we can go is 5/11/09

thing is, I don't use yahoo. And there's nothing from the show in my spam.
What? I didn't do it.
MissyT Wrote:thing is, I don't use yahoo. And there's nothing from the show in my spam.

I got an email from Steve last night directing me to send an email to customerservice at freebeerandhotwings dot com. NOT customersupport@.... which is what he originally told me. (I also think the form for contacting customer service on the website is broken, because those emails were also returned.) Steve said if they receive an email from you, you'll be able to receive the one they send.

Hope this helps. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!
yay, segments are back, but I can't download them.
I'm not seeing them right now. Let's give Zane some time to figure it out before we crucify him, ok? haha.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Yeah, I'm so thankful to get the segments back, I'm not going to complain about anything again. I do wish the segments would work though haha The segments were there, but they weren't able to be downloaded. I just tried again and the segments are gone
Zane said he was still messing with it, and it might be tomorrow when it starts working.

I say we send Zane thank you e-cards for the podcast!

*patiently awaiting today's podcast*
daredevil1 Wrote:I was able to segment today's podcast due to the muted gaps. Took me quite a while, too bad I can't share the files with the people who just have the 1 big file and save them time from doing it themselves.

What did you use to segment the podcast? I'm on a Mac and I tried to use GarageBand (it's what I used to edit the old version of the podcast) but I can't get the 4 hour audio file to work. I also tried Audacity, which someone on this board recommended, but it's pissing me off because I can't figure the damn thing out. I would much rather edit the huge podcast into segments on my own.

THanks in advance.
I used Audacity. I just selected the individual segments, pressed ctrl+X, pressed ctrl+N, pressed ctrl+P, and then exported as an mp3.
Where exactly on the page is the link to download the segmented podcasts, I have yet to see it
fmcrowl Wrote:Where exactly on the page is the link to download the segmented podcasts, I have yet to see it

Zane made an announcement just a while ago that it would be Monday or later before the segmented podcast get posted. It wasn't as easy as he thought (imagine that) and he was going to talk to Piam on Monday. So we'll just have to deal with the 4 hour file with the breaks noted with long periods of silence.
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
fmcrowl Wrote:Where exactly on the page is the link to download the segmented podcasts, I have yet to see it

Click on the big words that say "Podcasting" and you will see it.
daredevil1 Wrote:

Click on the big words that say "Podcasting" and you will see it.

Ouch!!
[quote="daredevil1"][quote="fmcrowl"]Where exactly on the page is the link to download the segmented podcasts, I have yet to see it

Click on the big words that say "Podcasting" and you will see it

If you read read my question daredevil1 you would have noticed that I asked about the link for the SEGMENTED Podcasts and not the big file, and at the time I asked the question the SEGMENTS were not there. So next time read a little slower and try to comprehend each word of the question before you are so quick to post a smart ass answer.
fmcrowl Wrote:If you read read my question daredevil1 you would have noticed that I asked about the link for the SEGMENTED Podcasts and not the big file, and at the time I asked the question the SEGMENTS were not there. So next time read a little slower and try to comprehend each word of the question before you are so quick to post a smart ass answer.

Wow, it's fucking AMAZING that you've managed to get up and breathe, dumbass. It's fucking obvious to those of us that HAVE visited the link and FOLLOWED daredevil's instructions that he did, in fact, GIVE YOU THE CORRECT INSTRUCTIONS! The test link for segments were there as soon as Zane talked about them.
It is clear that:
1) You cannot read.
2) By some sheer luck you've managed to smash your face on the keyboard and type out a response that conveys the single thought running around in your hamster-wheel brain.

However, I'm feeling rather generous today, so I will how you in A SHINY PICTURE what DareDevil told you to do.
[Image: smartasspodcast.PNG]
There's one good thing about all of this. When the zombie uprising happens, you'll be one of the survivors due to your lack of brains, and thus rebuild our society, Idiocracy style.

I was about to run out the door to work, but I checked on here real quick and that got me laughing out loud. Thanks, O haha
Well, you shut me up...that was great!
fmcrowl Wrote:Well, you shut me up...that was great!

Dude, she told you!
You got that right potthole...the sad thing was after I realized the stupidity of my question I was going to delete my post responding to daredevil1, I wrote it quickly out of anger (I'm usually not that thin skinned) because I thought my intelligence was being insulted, but I had a total brain-freeze, by missing the obvious on the site and my intelligence deserved to be insulted. Anyway, apologies to Daredevil1 and thanks to 0rz0ski for a great post pointing out my stupidity.
Nice crow eat. You're a bigger person than me!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:Nice crow eat. You're a bigger person than me!

Me too lol. I would have cowered in the corner and waited 2 months before posting again.
What? I didn't do it.
fmcrowl Wrote:You got that right potthole...the sad thing was after I realized the stupidity of my question I was going to delete my post responding to daredevil1, I wrote it quickly out of anger (I'm usually not that thin skinned) because I thought my intelligence was being insulted, but I had a total brain-freeze, by missing the obvious on the site and my intelligence deserved to be insulted. Anyway, apologies to Daredevil1 and thanks to 0rz0ski for a great post pointing out my stupidity.

Haha, no problem. Now, don't ask me when the segments will start working, because I don't have a sarcastic response prepared about Zane face-mashing the keyboard and hoping that the mp3s will upload themselves.

fmcrowl Wrote:You got that right potthole...the sad thing was after I realized the stupidity of my question I was going to delete my post responding to daredevil1, I wrote it quickly out of anger (I'm usually not that thin skinned) because I thought my intelligence was being insulted, but I had a total brain-freeze, by missing the obvious on the site and my intelligence deserved to be insulted. Anyway, apologies to Daredevil1 and thanks to 0rz0ski for a great post pointing out my stupidity.

If we still had karma, I'd be giving you a few plusses. Way to step up and take it.
Anyone else not yet receive today's segmented podcast? I'm using Google Reader.