Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Did the Lions say that was stupid now?
We can have fun this year putting all the stupid lions statements in one thread...I can't believe that I just read the headline to this one:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/06/william_clay_ford_admits_that.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 ... _that.html</a><!-- m -->

Seriously not ready for the job huh? So why was he there like 8 years then?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Maybe it's just Chrome being stupid, but I don't get an article when I click on the link.

On another note, I actually think the Lions are making some decent moves. Beefed up the O line with some decent veterans, strengthened the linebacking corps with Petersen and Foote (past their primes, certainly, but better than the average linebacker and can hopefully help Dizon and their picks this year develop) and are putting together a solid WR team behind Megatron (just traded Gerald Alexander for Dennis Northcutt, added Bryant Johnson and Ron Curry and the kid from PSU). "Hope and change" might actually be applicable to the Lions this year.. but that's been the case for a number of years. :crazy:
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
professorpinasheep Wrote:Maybe it's just Chrome being stupid, but I don't get an article when I click on the link.

On another note, I actually think the Lions are making some decent moves. Beefed up the O line with some decent veterans, strengthened the linebacking corps with Petersen and Foote (past their primes, certainly, but better than the average linebacker and can hopefully help Dizon and their picks this year develop) and are putting together a solid WR team behind Megatron (just traded Gerald Alexander for Dennis Northcutt, added Bryant Johnson and Ron Curry and the kid from PSU). "Hope and change" might actually be applicable to the Lions this year.. but that's been the case for a number of years. :crazy:

No it isn't you, somehow the article is gone now...basically WCF said that Marinelli and Millen were not ready for the jobs the each had...basically a thank you capitan obvious statement that we all knew for at least 6 years.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
That's what I figured. I hated Millen with a passion. I know none of his drafts were spectacular, but when he took Mike Williams at #10, with all the proven talent left on the board, it made me sick. He could probably have traded down and still gotten: Shawne Merriman, Heath Miller, Luis Castillo, Logan Mankins, Marlin Jackson, or if he HAD to stick with a receiver, Roddy White. How embarassing is that?

I liked Marinelli, and I think he could've been successful with a different team. He was a decent coach, but I think trying to rebuild and bring back a franchise like Detroit was way too big a challenge for him, especially with a GM like Millen in charge. I can't wait til Ford Jr. has control of the show.. he shows a glimmer of hope that something might actually get done.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?