Week 11 Sun. 11/22/2009 vs. Cleveland Browns
Week 12 Thu. 11/26/2009 vs. Green Bay Packers
Week 13 Sun. 12/6/2009 @ Cincinnati Bengals
Week 14 Sun. 12/13/2009 @ Baltimore Ravens
Week 15 Sun. 12/20/2009 vs. Arizona Cardinals
Week 16 Sun. 12/27/2009 @ San Francisco 49ers
Week 17 Sun. 1/3/2010 vs. Chicago Bears

Last updated Jun. 27, 2:07 A.M. ET

Lets discuss this. I can forsee the outside possibily of 4 whole wins for the Lions this year. They may have a good shot at St Louis, The Bengals, The 49'ers, and Chicago at home. 400% better than last year if they pull it off.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Eh, I think they might have a shot at doing better than that. The Packers and Bears should both be beatable (Cutler's a good QB, but his WR's are questionable and their defense is another year older and past their prime.. For GB it depends on how well their new defense gels and if they can get their running game on track this year).. at least a split with both of those teams should definitely be possible. St. Louis is definitely beatable, especially at home. I think San Fran is on the rise, though.. same with Cinci. They have a potentially nasty D this year, and if Palmer can stay healthy and get Coles and OchoCinco involved Cinci could have a lethal passing game.

Right now, I'm predicting wins against: Washington, St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, GB @home, Chicago away and home, and my "wild card/darkhorse/whatever" win against Arizona.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
professorpinasheep Wrote:Eh, I think they might have a shot at doing better than that. The Packers and Bears should both be beatable (Cutler's a good QB, but his WR's are questionable and their defense is another year older and past their prime.. For GB it depends on how well their new defense gels and if they can get their running game on track this year).. at least a split with both of those teams should definitely be possible. St. Louis is definitely beatable, especially at home. I think San Fran is on the rise, though.. same with Cinci. They have a potentially nasty D this year, and if Palmer can stay healthy and get Coles and OchoCinco involved Cinci could have a lethal passing game.

Right now, I'm predicting wins against: Washington, St. Louis, Seattle, Cleveland, GB @home, Chicago away and home, and my "wild card/darkhorse/whatever" win against Arizona.

Thats a mighty big limb you just steped out on. Arizona? The Superbowl runner up, almost beat the Steelers, Arizona? You think around seven wins? I'd be happier than fish grease if it happened, But I just don't see it.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Mad Dog Wrote:Detroit Lions: Schedule 2009
Week 2 Sun. 9/20/2009 vs. Minnesota Vikings
Week 4 Sun. 10/4/2009 @ Chicago Bears
Week 8 Sun. 11/1/2009 vs. St. Louis Rams
Week 12 Thu. 11/26/2009 vs. Green Bay Packers
Week 13 Sun. 12/6/2009 @ Cincinnati Bengals
Week 15 Sun. 12/20/2009 vs. Arizona Cardinals
Week 17 Sun. 1/3/2010 vs. Chicago Bears

Last updated Jun. 27, 2:07 A.M. ET

Lets discuss this. I can forsee the outside possibily of 4 whole wins for the Lions this year. They may have a good shot at St Louis, The Bengals, The 49'ers, and Chicago at home. 400% better than last year if they pull it off.

I don't see the lions beating Washington at all unless they show a very major improvement against the running game, Portis is a beast and they have Randel-El and Moss at WR for a great triple threat along with either Jason Campbell, Colt Brennen, or Chase Daniel at QB...yikes...

Arizona may be possible due to superbowl hangover, but it will be pretty late in the season so we shall see. I'll put my money on two wins over either the Vikings or Packers or Bears, not away vs either the Pack or Vikes however cause they just cannot win in those stadiums. The games they should win are St. Louis and Cincy, I think Cincy just has too many internal problems still to be a good team like they should be with the players they have.

I quoted Mad Dog's post with the games I think they have a chance to win, but realistically I would say 5 or less this year.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Mad Dog Wrote:Thats a mighty big limb you just steped out on. Arizona? The Superbowl runner up, almost beat the Steelers, Arizona? You think around seven wins? I'd be happier than fish grease if it happened, But I just don't see it.

Well, I meant it with the caveat that it was possibly in an unlikely kinda way. Wink However, look at recent history. The Super Bowl loser (especially from the NFC) has a history of choking big time the following season, even without major personnel changes (see Chicago and Seattle for prime examples). The Cardinals fired one coordinator and lost another one and will be relying on a rookie RB and Warner's another year older. I think that if the Lions have been at least competitive for most of the season, they'll have a good shot since they'll be at home.. but home will only be an advantage if they have four or five wins under their belt by that late in the season. I'm not expecting a Miami or Baltimore-like turnaround, going from 1 win to 11 or 3 wins to 12, but I think six or seven wins is within reach.
Where would we be without the agitators of the world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?
zdunklee Wrote:I don't see the lions beating Washington at all unless they show a very major improvement against the running game, Portis is a beast and they have Randel-El and Moss at WR for a great triple threat along with either Jason Campbell, Colt Brennen, or Chase Daniel at QB...yikes...

They have good offensive weapons, certainly.. but I don't think Jason Campell will pan out. And there's a reason Brennen wasn't drafted until the seventh and Daniel signed as UFA after the draft. You can't compare them with Brady or other continually successful late round picks.. Brady ran an NFL-style offense for years at U of M. Brennen and Daniel both ran pass-heavy spread offenses neither has a strong arm and Daniel lacks the (typical) size to be successful in the NFL. The only relatively small guys to succeed at QB lately that I remember are Flutie and Brees. It may or may not be a factor, but Schwartz is also familiar with Washington's big FA pickup in Haynseworth. I'm willing to bet he knows how exploit any weakness he may have.

In any case, I know I'm overly-optimistic.. but I really think they could have a decent (by Lions's standards) year and surprise a few people.