Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Zealot Hates Zane
I really wanted to weigh in on the situation with Zane this morning. I was going to let it go, but after listening to the podcast, I’m fired up again.

Here’s my .02. We are, by nature, sinners. I do not believe that God has some ranking system that one sinner is better (or worse) than another. That is something that you have to deal with personally yourself. But it is definitely not for anybody else to judge. In my opinion, it is never appropriate for someone to try and say they are a better Christian than another. Judge not, that you be not judged.

While we were in Springfield, IL, Zane went out of his way to find a Mass service on Saturday. He ended up going, along with 0rz and Mr. 0rz, during the actual event he came to Springfield to be a part of . They were gone a good 1 ½ to 2 hours.

Hypocrites are bad enough without having to deal with them in Church.

Note to Biff: I'm sorry if you don't feel like this needs to be in this forum. I only placed it here because it was discussed on the show.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I'm very glad you have that point of veiw Queenie. Sometimes people get so wrapped up in what the feel God is wanting for them, and "Going forth to preach the Gospel" that they forget we are all fallible humans in need of a good laugh.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I think Zane should give the guy a period of time to apologize or back down and, if the guy doesn't do so, issue a Fatwa against him. We could turn this guy into the salmon rushdie of Michigan. :evil:
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
So, now it's time for me to be "Tell it like it is" girl...

When we first came down to Springfield, at the Brickhouse, Zane was the first one to spot all of us, and out of all of the show members, I felt the most welcomed by Zane. He looked us all in the eye and with a big smile and firm handshake, asked us how we were doing, how our trip was, thank you so much for coming, it's really an honor. Not to say that the other show members weren't welcoming, but I was just struck by Zane's attitude. He acted how I expected him to act, based on the show, but it was like a whole different depth was added to how I viewed him.

Zane is 100% who he is on the show, but there's a lot more to him that most people are never going to see. He kept asking during the commercial breaks of the show if we were having a good time, is this too boring, can you hear ok, so on so forth. He called his family to make sure that his kids were ok while we were en route back to the Saturday party. When en route to Mass, he asked us questions about our jobs, how we liked the show. He told us a couple things about himself, including this topic, which was obviously pretty fresh in his mind. We got to see him fiddle with his GPS, text while driving, got called nerds for asking questions about the website, and make fun of people during the reverse raffle for the Harley. (Our favorite line to a really tall guy was, "Good thing you didn't win, it'd be hard to drive that Harley up your beanstalk.")

As for Zane questioning whether or not he should be on the show, to me, this is a non-issue. Zane is Zane on the show, but what that other dick doesn't bother to take the time to see is the other parts of Zane. Zane has become more of a family man during the years I've been listening, he's been more open about his faith, he's started to "swear" less on the air and off the air.

Remove the plank from your own eye, dick, before you go picking at Zane's splinters.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I'm not religious at all, and I won't get into all that, but I'm proud of Zane for being true to his faith and I really respect him for it. I think the reason I'm such a fan of this show is because they all seem so real.
0rz0ski Wrote:So, now it's time for me to be "Tell it like it is" girl...

When we first came down to Springfield, at the Brickhouse, Zane was the first one to spot all of us, and out of all of the show members, I felt the most welcomed by Zane. He looked us all in the eye and with a big smile and firm handshake, asked us how we were doing, how our trip was, thank you so much for coming, it's really an honor. Not to say that the other show members weren't welcoming, but I was just struck by Zane's attitude. He acted how I expected him to act, based on the show, but it was like a whole different depth was added to how I viewed him.

Zane is 100% who he is on the show, but there's a lot more to him that most people are never going to see. He kept asking during the commercial breaks of the show if we were having a good time, is this too boring, can you hear ok, so on so forth. He called his family to make sure that his kids were ok while we were en route back to the Saturday party. When en route to Mass, he asked us questions about our jobs, how we liked the show. He told us a couple things about himself, including this topic, which was obviously pretty fresh in his mind. We got to see him fiddle with his GPS, text while driving, got called nerds for asking questions about the website, and make fun of people during the reverse raffle for the Harley. (Our favorite line to a really tall guy was, "Good thing you didn't win, it'd be hard to drive that Harley up your beanstalk.")

As for Zane questioning whether or not he should be on the show, to me, this is a non-issue. Zane is Zane on the show, but what that other dick doesn't bother to take the time to see is the other parts of Zane. Zane has become more of a family man during the years I've been listening, he's been more open about his faith, he's started to "swear" less on the air and off the air.

Remove the plank from your own eye, dick, before you go picking at Zane's splinters.

Well said 0rz!! Well said!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Okay I am an atheist so regardless I just don't have a blind faith. However I do not think religion is a bad thing, people can believe what they believe, and who knows they could be right and I could be wrong, but that's neither here or there. I have basically studied all types of religion, anyone who is or even claims to be atheist should do so anyway. I do know that according to the bible we are all sinners, no one is perfect, you need look no further than the whole "he who is without sin throw the first stone." thing to see the proof of that statement. It is also stated even earlier considering we are all supposed to be born in this world to begin with, the world we have been put into because of the original sin that Adam and Eve committed.

Okay on top of this according to the same book you are not supposed to shun anyone who does sin, you are told to hate the sin not the sinner, there is no reason this person should be trying to say anything about Zane like this.

Now if you want to hear what i have to say about this person, it seems this is the type of person that blames all of the worlds problems on anything entertainment. You can see this from the email when they mention about dumbing the youth. This person is an ignorant fool who has no idea of the meaning of the religion he follows. This is where so many people show their ignorance in the religion they are supposed to follow, by just listening to what they hear others say and how others skew the words of the bible to fit their own purposes. They do this instead of actually reading the book and understanding what the words mean. This isn't only limited to one religion this goes across the whole board and it gets on my nerves. I feel that if you are going to dedicate yourself into worshiping something that you believe in so strongly that you need to see no evidence of it then you should at least look into why you believe in it.

Oh and i just wanted a reason to post this too...
:god_warrior: :notachristian:
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Queenie,
I'm glad you brought this up, when I was listening on the radio about this, it really made me mad. I remembered when I went to Hooters with you to meet the guys and of all of them Zane was the one who talked to us the most, went out of his way to learn our names ("hey! its the J table!...oh, except for you Paul"). I think Zane is a great person, hes funny and he has a lot of love for his family and friends. He is very open and devoted to his religious beliefs and I respect him for that.
I believe religion is a private thing that as far as how you practice it, how much you live it, it is ULTIMATELY between you and god.