Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow (7/1) SHOULD be the day...
Hey guys.

Just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow should be the day that the segmented podcast returns. I worked on it for a bunch of hours today and I think I have all the kinks worked out. If it's not working for you tomorrow, there's no need to email me. Chances are I'll know long before you do anyway. For those that want the show as one complete file, that will be posted as well. When you log in to your account and go to the Podcasting page, the URL for both full show and segmented show will be there. Just pick one...or both if you prefer.

-steve
It better work this time Scuba.....
I still don't have access to the VIP section....I'm going into withdrawals.
What? I didn't do it.
MissyT Wrote:I still don't have access to the VIP section....I'm going into withdrawals.

Well, fuck me running!! Are you for serious?? That is just ridiculous. Can you please fix this Steve?? Please!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I'm showing that an email was sent to her on 6/23 with some instructions. I just emailed her.

-steve
Life is complete. Thank you to Steve and Zane for all your work on this, really saved a lot of people's days!
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
steev, you are my personal hero. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
I got the segments today, so it looks like you are working good steev!

...Bout time you did something around here Wink :lol:
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Queenie Wrote:
MissyT Wrote:I still don't have access to the VIP section....I'm going into withdrawals.

Well, fuck me running!! Are you for serious?? That is just ridiculous. Can you please fix this Steve?? Please!!
I just got Steev's email and forwarded everything I have received on the subject. The one that was sent on the 23rd, I didn't get tho. :/ The powers that be don't seem to like me lol
What? I didn't do it.
zdunklee Wrote:I got the segments today, so it looks like you are working good steev!

...Bout time you did something around here Wink :lol:

I figured that a few people would get today's segments...they were not posted long though before I made them inactive. There may be some glitches with them. That's why I pulled them down.

-steve
Thanks steev! The segmented podcast is working flawlessly.

Can I make one minor request though? Is it possible that we could get, like before, a couple word description in the title? (ex: 07/01/09 Segment 04 - CWTTAB)
steev Wrote:I'm showing that an email was sent to her on 6/23 with some instructions. I just emailed her.

-steve

You are the best!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
sweet, the segmented show is back. i noticed that the sound quality is much better at 128 Kbps as opposed to 32 Kbps.

as travislopes mentioned, it would be nice to have a short description of each break if it is not too much to ask.
I have followed the advise of customer service and purchased a month of podcasts and hopefully they will add my year that I bought just before the new site release will be added to it. Keep your fingers crossed1!!
What? I didn't do it.
MissyT Wrote:I have followed the advise of customer service and purchased a month of podcasts and hopefully they will add my year that I bought just before the new site release will be added to it. Keep your fingers crossed1!!

Just received an email from customer service that confirms that your VIP account is now active. Case closed. Big Grin

-steve
steev Wrote:
MissyT Wrote:I have followed the advise of customer service and purchased a month of podcasts and hopefully they will add my year that I bought just before the new site release will be added to it. Keep your fingers crossed1!!

Just received an email from customer service that confirms that your VIP account is now active. Case closed. Big Grin

-steve

YAYYYYY thanks Steev!!!!
What? I didn't do it.
Hey guys. Thanks for being patient. Tuesday's show was posted as a test. I know there were glitches...that's why I didn't keep them active. I was just testing them, but the only way to test them is to actually publish them. One segment was cut off yesterday...I believe Segment 7. I caught this and fixed it later in the day. To get the full segment, just delete the old one, unsubscribe, and resubscribe. Itunes should refresh and download the full segment. Don't be surprised if bitrate changes in the near future. The files are simply too big how they are.

As for today (Thursday), everything should be good. I even threw in titles and will continue to do so.

-steve
Thanks man. Now what are the chances of you constantly making spelling errors in those segment titles so it feels like its still Zane doing it?

Also, while I'm thinking about it, I was wondering if you were planning to upload "Best of." I know I'd appreciate it and I'm sure many others would as well.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I'm kind of meticulous when it comes to labeling stuff, so hopefully I don't make too many mistakes. But I promise I'll throw in some screw-ups every now and then.

I plan to upload best-of. Don't be surprised if it's not until AFTER the show, though. I'm a one man show for the next week so I have a few things on my plate.

-steve
Excellent! That's great to hear and very much appreciated. Take all the time you like. "Best of" a little late is still one million times better than no "Best of."
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
You're the best Steve, thanks for all the work on behalf of the podcaster community!
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
I have been thinking about using Google Reader for the segmented podcasts, but I have never used that program before. Is there anyone out there who is using it, and would be nice enough to walk me through using that program for the podcasts? I already have a Google account.
It's pretty self explanatory. Log in to Google Reader, click "Add a subscription" in the upper left corner, log into Freebeerandhotwings.com, copy the link, and paste it into "Add a Subscription."

If you need any help, let me know, and I promise to not be ultra-sarcastic this time. Big Grin Google Reader is a good way to go.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Thank you, I appreciate it! Angel