Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotwings' Signs Plot Hole
Okay I just listened to the podcast from yesterday, and heard the segment where they gave it to hotwings about the plot hole in signs.

I have never seen the movie but just listening to the parts they talked about, well i gathered enough to come to my own conclusion of a plot hole that he may have been referring to.

Considering that these aliens seem to have a problem being burned by water, well last time i checked not only is the planet mostly water(not too big a deal so far) and it would be dangerous for them. The plot hole is probably the fact that, well we have water in our atmosphere, there is always some sort of humidity around us especially when you are dealing with a farm and it gets WATERED and said water EVAPORATES. Just walking out the doors of their spaceships would kill them unless they wore some sort of hazmat suit, or something of that nature. It would be like us walking through an atmosphere of highly corrosive acid. not to mention the fact, considering they have some way of breathing, their lungs or whatever they are would melt with one breath of our air.

not that it matters but i just thought i would say what came to my mind about it. Also it doesn't matter because it was pretty damn funny hearing them make fun of hotwings for not remembering.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Your title is worded a litle weird lol. I heard that bit and didn't know what that title meant. You should've said Plot Hole in the movie Signs...or something...lol. I thought maybe Hotwings was planting a sign into a hole...
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
daredevil1 Wrote:Your title is worded a litle weird lol. I heard that bit and didn't know what that title meant. You should've said Plot Hole in the movie Signs...or something...lol. I thought maybe Hotwings was planting a sign into a hole...

Well where's the fun in that :p
I read the title as "Hotwings signs potthole" and was curious which part of potthole he signed.

To your actual point though, that is a glaring hole on the plot, and I also really enjoyed the beating, especially when Free Beer called out Hot Wings for saying that he remembered something he didn't remember.
Water in the air is in gas form, which has completely different properties the from liquid form. The aliens can't come in contact with the liquid form.
Throughout the ENTIRE movie, my mother's mantra was:

"This is why people need to have guns."
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I totally understood what HW was talking about. I read a review very similar to what he was talking about out. I went to http://www.hotwingsfakenew.com and just clicked on the "movie reviews" tab at the top.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
potthole Wrote:Water in the air is in gas form, which has completely different properties the from liquid form. The aliens can't come in contact with the liquid form.

Completely different? Which properties would those be? I can only think of one: density. Gaseous water molecules would have the same effect on the aliens as liquid water. Might slow it down a bit, but whatever chemical reaction is taking place would be the same.

(Unlike Hotwings, I liked the movie. If I can suspend disbelief about alien invasions, I can ignore that there is water in the air.)
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I totally understood what HW was talking about. I read a review very similar to what he was talking about out. I went to http://www.hotwingsfakenew.com and just clicked on the "movie reviews" tab at the top.

Hahaha. That tab is right next to the sports tab, where you can find the story about Tiger Woods, no doubt.
madkathy Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Water in the air is in gas form, which has completely different properties the from liquid form. The aliens can't come in contact with the liquid form.

Completely different? Which properties would those be? I can only think of one: density. Gaseous water molecules would have the same effect on the aliens as liquid water. Might slow it down a bit, but whatever chemical reaction is taking place would be the same.

(Unlike Hotwings, I liked the movie. If I can suspend disbelief about alien invasions, I can ignore that there is water in the air.)

Yes, you are right. I was having trouble coming up with the word density.
potthole Wrote:
madkathy Wrote:

Yes, you are right. I was having trouble coming up with the word density.

Yeah even though the density is different it is still aboundant and would kill them as if somehow someone were to have a corrosive acid around us and make it gacious we would burn outside and inside from it... that plus you figure these aliens have the technology to come to our planet they would have created some sort of suit to repel this watery menace.
Not if the density is low enough. You put yourself into an area with high density acid, yeah, you'll get hurt. You put yourself into an area with low density acid, and you'll be fine.
Well that would just depend on humidity... and considering its a farm and well a farm gets pretty well watered I figure there is plenty of moisture around.

Either way there is one thing I have understood for a long time.... m night's movies suck rotted beef ass and I am glad I have never wasted my life watching one of them.
[Image: lobones.jpg]
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
What the hell is that?
When they try to stick a needle in you with the H1N1 flu vaccine this fall...run as fast as you can the other way!
On the right is a capture of Lindsey Lohan
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Lindsey Lohan
[Image: omfg_chuck_norris_approves.gif]
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Is chuck approving the joke or Lindsey for her looks? because Lindsey looked good, but doesn't look good currently
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Is chuck approving the joke or Lindsey for her looks? because Lindsey looked good, but doesn't look good currently

Agreed. I'll take Lohan in Mean Girls, not current Lohan on crack.
burnking Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Is chuck approving the joke or Lindsey for her looks? because Lindsey looked good, but doesn't look good currently

Where is Titan?

He'd pipe in with taking Lohan c. Parent Trap :mrgreen:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Lindsey for her looks
[Image: omfg_chuck_norris_approves.gif]
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:
burnking Wrote:

Where is Titan?

He'd pipe in with taking Lohan c. Parent Trap :mrgreen:

Does it seem to lose some of its level of fun when he's not here to snap back at you?
yes, not as fun
Would he also take Drew Barrymore from E.T.?
You know he would.

Where is that effer anyway? He harasses me on facebook almost daily. He doesn't post here anymore?
I know this one is a little older, but Ralph Maccio from Karate Kid?

As you can tell, I'm enjoying this game.
burnking Wrote:I know this one is a little older, but Ralph Maccio from Karate Kid?

As you can tell, I'm enjoying this game.

:wtf:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Macaulay Culkin from Home Alone.
wait...Titan hasn't been here?? hmm never even noticed Big Grin
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
plumpenut Wrote:wait...Titan hasn't been here?? hmm never even noticed Big Grin

Wow... this one never gets old when a person stops posting on the board.

:notfunny: