Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruined Songs
I'm sure most of us have at least one-- a song that we used to enjoy, but now aren't able to, because for one reason or another it got "ruined" for us. Maybe we learned something about the artist that we didn't like, maybe we associate it with something bad, maybe we just grew tired of it.

What song or songs are ruined for you, and why?

The most ruined song for me is "Mr Brownstone" by Guns 'n Roses. It was actually one of the few GNR songs that I really liked.

It got ruined for me because of the Virginia Tech shootings. In the aftermath of everything there was press about how the a-hole that killed everybody had written a story by that song name, quoting parts of the song, and relating it to how some characters in the story wanted to kill somebody.

I had gotten to know one of the victims of that awful event through a message board, and anytime I hear that song, I can just feel an anger start to burn inside of me.
"Firewater" by Yellowcard for many many reasons
A former drummer ruined Metallica's Black Album because he wouldn't ever stop playing it and whining at us to play more material from it. He would literally whine about it non-stop.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Changes by Tupac. Liked it until I realized that it hates on whitey.
That's what she said.
potthole Wrote:What song or songs are ruined for you, and why?

boizalynne Wrote:"Firewater" by Yellowcard for many many reasons

Reason such as...?