Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasting Announcement
Hello Podcasters!

Just a quick note to let you know about some changes that will be coming to the podcast.

First, a simple change. The long 2 minute gaps that have been included between segments in the Full Podcast will now be removed in favor of a much shorter gap...most likely in the 5-10 second range. We started to include these when we switched to the new website and were only offering the Full Podcast version of the show. It made it easy for listeners to fast forward, if they wanted to, and be able to identify where the segments ended. Since so many people expressed interest in having the Segmented Podcast return, it is now back and there is no longer a need for such large gaps in the Full Podcast.

I will now be handling both the Full Podcast and the Segmented Podcast. In the past, Zane was doing the full and I was doing the segmented. This is the reason for any inconsistencies between the two versions (missing segments, double segments, etc). Having one person responsible for both will be helpful in providing a much more consistent product. This will also free up Zane to enhance his "pop off sound effects guy" offerings!

Beginning today, local breaks from Grand Rapids will no longer be included in either the Full Podcast or the Segmented Podcast. There have been some people that have expressed interest in hearing these short segments in the past, but they will not be included any longer. The reason for this is simple. We are a syndicated show and including local content to a non-local listener is just not necessary. Back when the podcast was first offered (before my time!), these breaks were not included. As the show has grown, responsibilities of each of the show members have increased drastically and editing out the local content has fallen by the wayside. From the standpoint of a syndicated show, it just does not make sense to include this and it will be edited out.

My goal from this point forward is to provide the most easy and consistent podcasting experience for you, the PAYING listener. I think that with these changes in effect, it'll happen. Thanks again for your patience.

Steve McKiernan
Associate Producer
The Free Beer and Hot Wings Morning Show
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- w -->
Awww....man, I like my local segments....because I'm local.....WHIIIIIIIINNNNEEEEEEEE.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I dont get it, how can they spin this as an improvement? Content is BEING TAKEN AWAY. Come on Steve, don't act like this is a good thing. Not one person has ever complained on here about the local stuff before each segment, yet that was taken away. The compromise though was that I could listen to the full-show file and still get what I wanted to hear. If segment 16 is gone, I am going to be SO disappointed though. It's looking that way since it was missing from yesterday's, so I'll see if it's there today and I'm sure I'll have a much more detailed post tonight.

Loyal paying podcaster,
Ashley Kelly
truthfully I liked the local segments. I listen to the GRD webcast and find them very entertaining. Yes sometimes it is just plain news and traffic, but there are times when they go through the news and they start picking on someone in a story or start to talk about something that just ends up so damn funny. I have never been to MI but i can get the jokes regardless, even if they are directed towards local references.

If the editing takes extra time why not just leave them in, I don't think anyone actually has a problem with them, in fact there are plenty of us non michiganders that actually like them.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I always skipped past the local segments because I don't really care about the traffic in a city hundreds of miles away. So you've got my support. :thumbup:
That's what she said.
The traffic was maybe 10 seconds of it
I miss the 16th segment too! Sometimes there are classic discussions in the local segment, like JT beatups, that I like to save.
While I did also enjoy the local pieces at the beginning of each break, I guess I can live without those minutes of the show. But that 16th segment is going to hurt. Problem is, at this point it's tough for podcasters not to look like complainers anytime we comment. But there was great stuff on that local break. There were some great interviews with people and always some extra jokes thrown in. The podcast is an item people pay for. I'm not sure I follow why syndication has anything to do with it, most of the stuff the guys talk about doesn't take place in everyone's home town, why does it matter if it's only in GR? If it was a lot of extra work to add it in I could see, but its one segment out of 16, I can't imagine that much of the day is lost trying to add it in.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
What Steve said in the E-mail is that before he was there, the stuff WASN'T edited out because it took too much time. But Savior Steve is here now and can edit that stuff out for us, and that's supposed to make things better. B.S. I loved the local feel of it even though it was a place I had never been to. It made it seem more real. Maybe we'll forget where they are from too and can fantasize that they live in our town! Anyway, I'll have much more to say tonight. Meanwhile, can everyone start making a list of cool stuff that happens in that break? For example, the making fun of J.T., Steve being afraid of Lake Michigan, Zane's job as Griffins announcer, things like that. Stuff we will never hear again.
certainlycertainly Wrote:While I did also enjoy the local pieces at the beginning of each break, I guess I can live without those minutes of the show. But that 16th segment is going to hurt. Problem is, at this point it's tough for podcasters not to look like complainers anytime we comment. But there was great stuff on that local break. There were some great interviews with people and always some extra jokes thrown in. The podcast is an item people pay for. I'm not sure I follow why syndication has anything to do with it, most of the stuff the guys talk about doesn't take place in everyone's home town, why does it matter if it's only in GR? If it was a lot of extra work to add it in I could see, but its one segment out of 16, I can't imagine that much of the day is lost trying to add it in.

I have to agree 100%, the local intros are fine, but the local segment 16 should not disappear...ya know cause everyone loves paying the same price for less of a value (and good segments like line of doom are in segment 16).... I don't care either way about the intros however because I generally skipped them as well.

Ashleyme Wrote:What Steve said in the E-mail is that before he was there, the stuff WASN'T edited out because it took too much time. But Savior Steve is here now and can edit that stuff out for us, and that's supposed to make things better. B.S. I loved the local feel of it even though it was a place I had never been to. It made it seem more real. Maybe we'll forget where they are from too and can fantasize that they live in our town! Anyway, I'll have much more to say tonight. Meanwhile, can everyone start making a list of cool stuff that happens in that break? For example, the making fun of J.T., Steve being afraid of Lake Michigan, Zane's job as Griffins announcer, things like that. Stuff we will never hear again.

All of the above, there never would have been as much Zane loves Quincy if it wasn't for some of the podcasters that call the show as well. I can't say that this move makes any sense at all really...sounds like a legit waste of Steve's time and an insult to us paying podcasters by taking something away the majority of us like (and pay for).
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Thanks Steve, I think that most of these changes sound great. I was never a fan of the local intros to each segment, but I did usually like being able to hear segment 16. Lots of funny things have happened during this segment--phone through the bank tube, hotwings doesn't use ATMs, JT beat ups, lines of doom, wheel of hickey, etc. I love not hearing the news and traffic, but keeping segment 16 would be a good idea.
That's a great point by bobdv. They just promoted that the "wheel of hickey" video can be watched online and its clear how funny of a segment that was. That is the type of stuff you are taking away from paying customers.
I'm with everyone who wants the local breaks to continue to be included; especially the 16th segment. It was originally added because Zane asked us if we wanted it and the majority of podcasters said, "yes."

I can understand the logic behind taking out the local stuff since this is a nationally syndicated radio show but I believe you need to look at it from podcasters' perspective, Steve. At the end of the day, it's part of the show and to not include it does feel like you're taking something away from us. It's pretty easy for the people who don't want to hear it to fast forward. But it doesn't work the other way around. If it's not there those of us who do want to hear it now only can if we listen to the show as it airs.

I for one can say that I have participated in MANY local events and fundraisers specifically because I heard the guys (usually Zane) talk about them in the local breaks and the 16th segment.

I urge you to please reconsider Steve. You've been doing some great work since you joined the crew. You've made fantastic improvements to the website and made the overall experience of the show better for me. But I must voice my disappointment with taking away the local stuff. I definitely feel like I'm missing 10-15% of the show because of that.

Thanks for reading and I hope this didn't come off as just one of the many complainers continuing to act annoyed about every little thing.

Edit: At the very least, might I suggest making a poll about this on the official website? If most fans say they don't want the segments then fair enough. It just seems to me that if you can get tangible evidence that listeners want the segments then you should include them.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
State of the Podcast

Well, here we are. The day after I paid for my 3rd year of the Free Beer and Hot Wings podcast. So I have been sitting here all day today thinking of how to respond to the news that all local Grand Rapids content is being taken out of the podcast.

Now I'll be the first to say that there's more to life than the FBHW podcast. I've been through tons the past few years, a messy divorce, sick children, a crappy, meaningless job...and one of the few things I have to look forward to is my lunch break, or late at night after the kids go to bed when I can sit back and relax with my ipod and listen to the podcast. It's been a big help to me and it might sound crazy, but I've kind of used it as therapy. It got me to laugh again when I thought I never would.

But forget about that. I'm not the kind to ever complain, but these changes to the podcast, well, they suck. When this VIP program started, we were promised all this bonus stuff. What bonus things are we getting? Well, now the "What Hot Wings Thinks" is now available as it's own separate podcast! Dont know why we need that when it's included in the show...twice.... but it's there. And exclusive content! A few seconds of Zane's father... A few seconds of Steve's sexy dance.... Zane and JMV's reaction to Zane's dream that we were promised we would hear but never have... Zane, Joe, and Free Beer making fun and swearing at some ugly driver. Now this is interesting stuff, but it does NOT make up for what we are losing with the decision to take out all Grand Rapids local segments.

I've asked people to start posting memories of those segments. Because it is kind of a death in the family. I was ridiculed on air for complaining about "traffic reports" and I might have over-reacted because the more I thought about it, I thought that I guess it's a compromise. I get to hear the stuff I wanted to, but I had to get used to the single file, and I have. Yesterday we were greeted with the news that the time between segments would be cut down, along with a message from Steve saying how they listen to the things we say. So then, I wake up this morning with this news, and I'm just totally bummed out about it.

I dont work in the broadcast industry, I work in customer service. Taking away stuff doesn't make happy customers. I'm not stupid though, I know the reason goes way beyond what was posted here. It's probably an issue about ratings and market research and things like that. The broadcast industry to me seems a lot about deception. I don't give a darn whether you're a syndicated show or not. Yes, I found you because you were syndicated here in Maine, but I dont listen to the radio anymore. I am a paying listener. I pay so I can listen at my own pace. I can listen at my own time. And, for a very long time, I was very happy with it.

Isn't there some way we can work out a compromise? Some of us really care about that stuff, and feel very ripped off. Maybe it can be posted on the WGRD website or something? I thought it was enough of a compromise to have it on the full-segment, but I guess I was wrong. All I want is the podcast the way it was.
I am a local listener. I was bothered at first that the local breaks were taken out. I got over it because I don't care about the news and traffic after ever segment. I LOVE seg 16 though. If you are going to take out 16 just because its local, then free beer shouldn't say at the end of 15, "We'll take a break, its the freebeer and hot wing show" It should be, "We'll be back tomorrow, its the free beer and hot wing show".

bring it back please.
Ok, fine. Kill traffic, but PLEASE leave segment 16 in there.

Reasons:
Making fun of JT
Local Events
Interviews with the Whitecaps and Griffins
Line of Doom
WGRD Challenge Events
Random stuff that goes on when you're just farting around at the end of the day
West Michigan A-Z

Please keep Segment 16!
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
certainlycertainly Wrote:at this point it's tough for podcasters not to look like complainers anytime we comment.

You paid for that shit you can bitch all you want!
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I'm still yet to see anyone say they were in favor of getting rid of segment 16. I just wish they would say straight up what's going on, because I'm not buying that "a lot of people didn't like the local breaks." It would appear that this couldn't be farther from the truth.
Seriously...we have had our content reduced by 10% so when is the price also going to be reduced by 10% as well? Seriously taking out a whole segment is bullshit for your paying customers. Do you really expect us not to bitch about it? When did the show forget that YOU serve US, not the other way around?
what i don't get is if there are this many complaints, and they are also getting complaints through email, and according to what steev said it is more work to edit out the locals, why not just keep them and save yourself some time. a majority of people actually want them in there and just like the mayor said, there was a point near the beginning of the board in which zane had asked the question " do you guys want the local segments in the podcast" and there was a big yes from everyone on that, I don't think that people's feelings towards this have changed that much in around a year.
Here is what I posted on the other board:

Email Peter and I bet we get him to actually get through to these ever so smart show members that think getting less for the same price makes sense to anyone... the guys don't care that we PAY them to listen to their show, that is painfully obvious at this point and I will not renew my subscription when it comes due next time.

Honestly we ASKED for these segments to be included originally, it wasn't because they guys didn't have time to edit them out, you are sadly mistaken Steve. The reason they are in are because we told Zane we wanted them.

Peter Kosan's email is pkosann@compassmedianetworks.com

I urge everyone to email him complaining about what has been taken away, but do it respectfully. I will post my email once I write it up and send it out.
Methinks shitstorm is about to happen...
I don't know if there is too much of a need to start bitching out of control. But I do feel that we should be given a say in the matter especially considering we are paying for the podcast. I don't want to sound bitchy or anything I just always enjoyed those locals. Yeah the news ones didnt have as many moments but they had some, however I am catching up and just heard the line of doom with the wheel of hickey. omfg that is an instant classic of a segment. I have heard previous line of dooms that were great too, like the smashing your own car to get a car starter, or the tramp stamp the show logo. Also there are other fun ones like the bowling bowl drop from about 2 years ago, not to mention the whole bootlyn thing that bled into the in between local segments and the 16th, and then there was zanes hockey crush. There is also the JT bashing, beginning with him being ugly, then going on to be the ultra pervo man, and now he is the ratings loss for the station. there are many other examples that show it doesn't really matter where you are from, they are just plain funny. I don't think we need to go over anyones head, but maybe just try to talk it out with steev to see what can be done about it seeing as there is a lot of support for this. There is no reason to cause any trouble and just seeming like we must be entitled to all of this just because. Granted we do pay for this, but nonetheless it is their show, but that doesn't mean we can't at least try to reason with them before emailing anyone other than any show members or just trying to talk to steev through here. Past shows they do listen and I don't see how this should be treated any different.
Awww, leave 16 in! I even miss the local parts of each segment because it reminds me of living in MI. Plus there was the sports talk and Zane making fun of people that got in car accidents.

Segment 16 is crucial though for the reasons everyone already mentioned.
I don't podcast but if I did, I'd be pretty pissed. I feel sorry for everybody that will not be in on the jokes that arise during the off times. :thumbdown:
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Philly Mike Wrote:I don't know if there is too much of a need to start bitching out of control. But I do feel that we should be given a say in the matter especially considering we are paying for the podcast. I don't want to sound bitchy or anything I just always enjoyed those locals. Yeah the news ones didnt have as many moments but they had some, however I am catching up and just heard the line of doom with the wheel of hickey. omfg that is an instant classic of a segment. I have heard previous line of dooms that were great too, like the smashing your own car to get a car starter, or the tramp stamp the show logo. Also there are other fun ones like the bowling bowl drop from about 2 years ago, not to mention the whole bootlyn thing that bled into the in between local segments and the 16th, and then there was zanes hockey crush. There is also the JT bashing, beginning with him being ugly, then going on to be the ultra pervo man, and now he is the ratings loss for the station. there are many other examples that show it doesn't really matter where you are from, they are just plain funny. I don't think we need to go over anyones head, but maybe just try to talk it out with steev to see what can be done about it seeing as there is a lot of support for this. There is no reason to cause any trouble and just seeming like we must be entitled to all of this just because. Granted we do pay for this, but nonetheless it is their show, but that doesn't mean we can't at least try to reason with them before emailing anyone other than any show members or just trying to talk to steev through here. Past shows they do listen and I don't see how this should be treated any different.

While I agree somewhat with you Mike, it seems as tho the show simply ignores what is being said on both forums. Which is their usual B.S. when confronted with upset listeners. Only this time we actually pay them for a product, so I personally feel like they owe us answers and that 16th segment because I paid for it. I feel the only way we will get a response out of any of the show members is to go over their head and get Peter on their case, otherwise like every other time listeners are upset they will just ignore it.

It would be different if it was a free podcast, but it isn't and as paying customers their current level of customer service is shit. And as paying customers we are entitled to get what we originally paid for. This would be like getting carpet put in your house, but the company decided they weren't going to tack the carpet down and just lay it there on the floor even tho you paid for the full install.

Anyway here is my email:

Quote:Peter,

I am writing to you concerning my disappointment with Free Beer and Hot Wings decision to eliminate what they call the local breaks from their podcasts. I along with many others feel that this is something we paid for when we bought the podcast and many of us podcasters now feel like we are being disrespected by the show. Long ago Eric Zane asked us if we would want to hear the local stuff in the podcasts and the overwhelming majority of the podcasters said they wanted to hear it, which is the reason that it was included in the first place.

If you look on the forums at freebeerandhotwings.com there is currently no one that wants these taken out, and it is the hottest topic on their forums as well, with over 32 replies in favor of keeping the local segments. Actually most of us are fine with or without the local stuff at the beginning of the segments, but we all want the 16th segment back. With all that has been cut from the podcast we have lost at least 10% of the content that we feel we have paid for, and when the new website came live we were told the VIP memberships would allow us access to MORE content, so far this is proving to be false as only 4-5 short segments have been added for VIP's only and 20-30 minuets a day have been taken off the podcast.

As of now I do not feel like I am getting what I paid for and do not plan to renew my podcast when the time comes. It seems like the sentiment is the same from the rest of us that actually PAY real money to listen to what is a free morning show. Being a paying customer this is terrible customer service from the show and the members as usual just decide to ignore the situation thus making the paying listeners even more upset because our concerns are not being addressed. I would like to thank you for your time and hopefully this situation can be resolved and us podcasters will get the full podcast once again.
As for not renewing, I would like to point out the fact again that after I struggled long and hard on whether to renew based on the fact that I had to listen to the full show segment to get what I wanted to hear...I finally decided that it was a good enough compromise and I renewed on Wednesday morning, 1 day before I got this message, so I'm super upset. One day sooner and I dont think I would have.
As for not renewing, I would like to point out the fact again that after I struggled long and hard on whether to renew based on the fact that I had to listen to the full show segment to get what I wanted to hear...I finally decided that it was a good enough compromise and I renewed on Wednesday morning, 1 day before I got this message, so I'm super upset. One day sooner and I dont think I would have.
I sent an email to free beer after getting no response from eric, he responded by saying that there was a lot of feedback we don't know about in favour of the change and, though they understand people are upset they are convinced this is the right course of action. Here's the back & forth-for what it's worth:

To: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:askfreebeer@FreeBeerAndHotWings.com">askfreebeer@FreeBeerAndHotWings.com</a><!-- e -->
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:27:49 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Member - Podcasts

Although I doubt this will even be read, let alone responded to- I wanted to ask you to at least read the feedback you're getting on the 'podcast announcement' thread of your forum section. Your response that taking away a large chunk of the show's content is an 'upgrade' is complete bullshit. You guys have made a market by giving the impression that you relate to people on their level, however in this instance you're coming off like a bunch of arrogant pricks. How would you feel if your cable or satellite company contacted you and said they were cancelling a bunch of your favorite sports channels because 'some people might not like them', and expressed their confidence that people would enjoy the upgrade. If you'll take the time to look, you'll see that not one person has posted in favor of removing the local breaks out of the podcasts-if that means anything to you then for fuck's sake put the podcasts back the way they were-or at least include the local breaks in the single large file. I personally downloaded audio editing software and sat every night removing the gaps, just so I could hear the local content in the podcasts-and I know that several other people did the same. We are willing to work through the changes with you, but are not keen on taking it up the ass, and then being told it's an 'upgrade'.
Alternatively, ignore this email and all the other feedback people are giving you on this-and confirm everyone's suspicions that shit has changed beyond recognition with regard to how you guys treat your most loyal fanbase. I sincerely hope this isn't the case.

Free Beer responds:

While your email gets mighty personal in its attacks and starts off with a shitty attitude, I still read it and I am replying.

I'm not going to try and convince you that you are wrong, nor do I agree with your point. Based on the feedback we get, which goes far beyond the message (but does not exclude it) tells us this is the right thing to do. I'm sorry that you don't like it. (genuinely)

My response:

O.K, well thanks for replying at least. Shitty attitude notwithstanding, if I and others didn't enjoy the show we wouldn't give a crap about what was included, would we?
It just makes no sense, and is symptomatic of a general 'big league' attitude that you guys seem to have in this regard. This whole situation has colored the show in a completely different light for me, and I'm saddened to lose what has been a source of great enjoyment over the last couple of years. To react to situations where paying customers are upset with what you are doing with the product they've already paid for with attitude and insults rather than re-thinking your course of action is strange to me. It doesn't seem too much of a hardship to at least give people a choice to have the content they paid for-however your thin-skinned response has convinced me that you are assured of your own moral high ground on this issue and, as a result we are at an impasse.
Present issues aside, I have enjoyed your show and wish you continued success in your endeavours. I am not, as others have, going to threaten to boycott the show-however from a practical standpoint I will probably be cancelling my VIP membership and will just tune in occasionally on the radio.
Thanks for the time-sincerely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as I can see, they're digging their heels in and it's only going to be people cancelling their subscriptions that is going to send a stronger message to them. As for me, this isn't worth my blood pressure, so I'm going to give it a month from the sidelines and see what happens.
Have you considered taking longer?
Well I am still optimistic that these guys will eventually listen, I think we should keep from the threats because that will just make things worse. I want this to work because this is something that will really disappoint me about them if they take this route and just stay stubborn on the subject in the face of so many paying customers. I have been a dedicated listener to the show for what i think is going on like 7 or 8 years now, and these guys have pulled through for the listeners, but a letdown with something as stupid as this will be somewhat of a kick in the nuts to me and i will have to see how i feel after the dust settles to see what action I will take.
I just listened to Wednesday's Segment 16, the one where they interviewed the baseball player. The guy had an interesting story and it didn't matter at all what team he played for. The interview was hilarious where they tried to make him uncomfortable. I guess it's fitting that this was the last Segment 16 because at least it went out on a hilarious note and proved that there's great content in this segment. I guess this is a message to the "Anonymous emailers" that don't like funny content. You're stupid. Whatever you do, ruin it for the rest of us. Will anyone else pledge to cancel their subcription if it's not changed?
thunderchild Wrote:I sent an email to free beer after getting no response from eric, he responded by saying that there was a lot of feedback we don't know about in favour of the change and, though they understand people are upset they are convinced this is the right course of action. Here's the back & forth-for what it's worth:

To: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:askfreebeer@FreeBeerAndHotWings.com">askfreebeer@FreeBeerAndHotWings.com</a><!-- e -->
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:27:49 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Member - Podcasts

Although I doubt this will even be read, let alone responded to- I wanted to ask you to at least read the feedback you're getting on the 'podcast announcement' thread of your forum section. Your response that taking away a large chunk of the show's content is an 'upgrade' is complete bullshit. You guys have made a market by giving the impression that you relate to people on their level, however in this instance you're coming off like a bunch of arrogant pricks. How would you feel if your cable or satellite company contacted you and said they were cancelling a bunch of your favorite sports channels because 'some people might not like them', and expressed their confidence that people would enjoy the upgrade. If you'll take the time to look, you'll see that not one person has posted in favor of removing the local breaks out of the podcasts-if that means anything to you then for fuck's sake put the podcasts back the way they were-or at least include the local breaks in the single large file. I personally downloaded audio editing software and sat every night removing the gaps, just so I could hear the local content in the podcasts-and I know that several other people did the same. We are willing to work through the changes with you, but are not keen on taking it up the ass, and then being told it's an 'upgrade'.
Alternatively, ignore this email and all the other feedback people are giving you on this-and confirm everyone's suspicions that shit has changed beyond recognition with regard to how you guys treat your most loyal fanbase. I sincerely hope this isn't the case.

Free Beer responds:

While your email gets mighty personal in its attacks and starts off with a shitty attitude, I still read it and I am replying.

I'm not going to try and convince you that you are wrong, nor do I agree with your point. Based on the feedback we get, which goes far beyond the message (but does not exclude it) tells us this is the right thing to do. I'm sorry that you don't like it. (genuinely)

My response:

O.K, well thanks for replying at least. Shitty attitude notwithstanding, if I and others didn't enjoy the show we wouldn't give a crap about what was included, would we?
It just makes no sense, and is symptomatic of a general 'big league' attitude that you guys seem to have in this regard. This whole situation has colored the show in a completely different light for me, and I'm saddened to lose what has been a source of great enjoyment over the last couple of years. To react to situations where paying customers are upset with what you are doing with the product they've already paid for with attitude and insults rather than re-thinking your course of action is strange to me. It doesn't seem too much of a hardship to at least give people a choice to have the content they paid for-however your thin-skinned response has convinced me that you are assured of your own moral high ground on this issue and, as a result we are at an impasse.
Present issues aside, I have enjoyed your show and wish you continued success in your endeavours. I am not, as others have, going to threaten to boycott the show-however from a practical standpoint I will probably be cancelling my VIP membership and will just tune in occasionally on the radio.
Thanks for the time-sincerely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as I can see, they're digging their heels in and it's only going to be people cancelling their subscriptions that is going to send a stronger message to them. As for me, this isn't worth my blood pressure, so I'm going to give it a month from the sidelines and see what happens.

I'm not even mad about losing the local breaks before the segments, I am however pissed about losing segment 16 because that is something that everyone can either choose to listen to or not seeing as it is an entire segment and at the very end of the podcast as well. Unlike the traffic and weather reports segment 16 is actually a decent length of time more often than not and has many funny segments and good interviews. I don't see many that have issues with just the local breaks missing, but even people who have said negative things about the local breaks have said they would like segment 16 to be there.
Just got word that Segment 16 will be back on Monday :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
zdunklee Wrote:Just got word that Segment 16 will be back on Monday :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Really???? Oh man I am super excited now!
zdunklee Wrote:Just got word that Segment 16 will be back on Monday :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yep-just got the same announcement-cool eh? At least they listened finally.
Have you considered taking longer?
Be sure to email the show and say "Thanks!" just to prove that we're only ungrateful bastards 80% of the time. Big Grin

Agreed, I think we all should. This seems like a very good compromise, and a welcomed resolution.
I sent a thank you also, great idea Smile
FWIW, when I podcasted, the 16th segement was almost always the one I most anticipated listening to.

EDIT:

And now that I've read the last few posts in this thread, I see the Powers That Be made the right call. I applaud them for listening to their fans!