Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
awkward fight
When did this happen? Over what topic? I can't think of anything so awkward that they would refuse to revisit it... Does this have anything to do with the time one of them nearly left the show?
[Image: image003.jpg]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
It was a few months back when Hot Wings got uptight about something Zane was saying and Zane freaked because apparently they had recently discussed in the office to let it ride and not get uptight. I listened live and it couldn't end soon enough it was so awkward.
That's what she said.
Oh yes... I do remember that fight. But I don't recall it being so horrible it required a 5 year ban.

admin Wrote:[Image: image003.jpg]

When Hotwings took a few days off last summer (and Stephanie Webb filled in) they briefly mentioned an incident that nearly led to a departure of a show member. But they didn't say who, why, or when. They've alluded to it a few other times, but not enough innuendo to piece it together.
Thanks Steve for posting the fight!

(Now some details about this other mysterious incident?)
madkathy Wrote:Thanks Steve for posting the fight!

(Now some details about this other mysterious incident?)
???
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
madkathy = fucking insane
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I know the awkward thing she is referring to and yes they never explained it, but i am lost as to where steev comes into this conversation.
Philly Mike Wrote:I know the awkward thing she is referring to and yes they never explained it, but i am lost as to where steev comes into this conversation.

She was thanking me because I posted the baby name fight as Segment 17 today. I had only been here a week at that point, but I still find it hard to believe that anything will ever top the awkwardness that was in the room during that two and a half minutes.

Glad you enjoyed it!

-steve
steev Wrote:
Philly Mike Wrote:I know the awkward thing she is referring to and yes they never explained it, but i am lost as to where steev comes into this conversation.

She was thanking me because I posted the baby name fight as Segment 17 today. I had only been here a week at that point, but I still find it hard to believe that anything will ever top the awkwardness that was in the room during that two and a half minutes.

Glad you enjoyed it!

-steve

ah okay lol was lost there because i am not exactly caught up.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:madkathy = fucking insane
Well duh. It's in my NAME. Wink

But really. Someone almost got booted. I'll try to find the part when they mention it...
Just listened to the baby name fight, that tension is palpable. I forgot how awkward that was, I wish they had audio of the guys after they went to break.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
madkathy Wrote:
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:madkathy = fucking insane
Well duh. It's in my NAME. Wink

But really. Someone almost got booted. I'll try to find the part when they mention it...

yeah I thought the awkward fight you were referring to happened before the hotwings baby thing happened
i just heard the fight and you could cut the tension with a knife. these are the times when i wish they had a webcam for VIP members so you could see the awkwardness on everyone's faces.
I wasn't sure which fight THEY meant... I couldn't remember hearing anything that seemed so awful that they'd refuse to mention it on-air. Turns out it was the more recent Baby Name fight, NOT the one I was thinking of...

Last June, during HW's mystery absence, Zane referred to the time that it almost became a 2-person show. They never told the story, which led to speculation on the forum (<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265</a><!-- l -->). I thought maybe they were referencing THAT incident this morning.
I found the clip. It's posted here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1a45a7a4b0259e579bf8d6369220dcab56ed50ed7a9ab7efc95965eaa7bc68bc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1a45 ... eaa7bc68bc</a><!-- m -->

(Let me know if the link or download doesn't work. I'm new at audio editing/posting.)
madkathy Wrote:I wasn't sure which fight THEY meant... I couldn't remember hearing anything that seemed so awful that they'd refuse to mention it on-air. Turns out it was the more recent Baby Name fight, NOT the one I was thinking of...

Last June, during HW's mystery absence, Zane referred to the time that it almost became a 2-person show. They never told the story, which led to speculation on the forum (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fbhwforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265</a><!-- m -->). I thought maybe they were referencing THAT incident this morning.

yeah that is the fight i knew you were referring to. Now if steevo could get them to talk about that as an extra segment that would be a definite VIP bonus Smile
Eh, it didn't seem THAT awkward to me. Zane was probably not being fully serious and Hot Wings didn't say much back...Free Beer was laughing....how awkward could it REALLY have been in there??

I was expecting more.
nodak1979 Wrote:Eh, it didn't seem THAT awkward to me. Zane was probably not being fully serious and Hot Wings didn't say much back...Free Beer was laughing....how awkward could it REALLY have been in there??

I was expecting more.

no, if you listen you will hear how pissed zane actually was. Trust me, if they don't want to bring it up on the air it must have caused some strong friction in order to do so. They like to keep almost everything like this out in the open but there was some serious tension there. The only reason freebeer was laughing was to try to ease it and make it seem less at the time. If you listen it was a nervous laugh not exactly his normal way of laughing at something.
Philly Mike Wrote:
nodak1979 Wrote:Eh, it didn't seem THAT awkward to me. Zane was probably not being fully serious and Hot Wings didn't say much back...Free Beer was laughing....how awkward could it REALLY have been in there??

I was expecting more.

no, if you listen you will hear how pissed zane actually was. Trust me, if they don't want to bring it up on the air it must have caused some strong friction in order to do so. They like to keep almost everything like this out in the open but there was some serious tension there. The only reason freebeer was laughing was to try to ease it and make it seem less at the time. If you listen it was a nervous laugh not exactly his normal way of laughing at something.

Fair enough....

You know, the thing is, it really could have went away easily but it was almost as if they wanted to really get into it, especially Zane. It makes for some pretty entertaining radio but if I was FB I would reigned that in immediately before it go so far as Zane telling HW near the end to "get over it" (or whatever the line was...I know it was pretty confrontational).
You also have to remember that these guys pride themselves on being able to take a beating. To earn their respect, you have to be able to laugh at yourself... think Dave Evans. So one of the worst things they could do would be to accuse each other of being thin-skinned, or a cry-baby, which is what Zane basically did to HW.... a far, far more serious insult than making fun of his staring, or inability to make a decision.