Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid Leashes
Okay I am catching up and at last tuesday's show where they are talking about these.

I use the leash with my kids. I had one used on me as a kid and i loved it.
Now I actually pay attention to my kids when they wear it and these things are great. My son is the one i need to use it with, the reason i use it is not for control, but it gives a little more freedom because he doesn't like holding hands all the time and he enjoys a little freedom. If he acts bad I make him hold my hand as punishment and he actually behaves because i give him that extra freedom. As the one caller said she was fully against them until she had a child and tried it. You have no idea how useful they can be unless you use it. Now if you can't control your child that is a different thing and you need to look into how to work that out instead of depending on it.

Who else uses them? I know I can't be the only one here who does it.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I've never used them, but don't necessarily think horrible of those who do. I just think it's a lazy way of keeping up with your kids IMHO. If I was in a crowd when my kids were little, they held my hand, whether they liked it or not. And they didn't run off because they knew they'd get that ass whipped if they did. My Momma didn't play that crap and neither did I.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Queenie Wrote:I've never used them, but don't necessarily think horrible of those who do. I just think it's a lazy way of keeping up with your kids IMHO. If I was in a crowd when my kids were little, they held my hand, whether they liked it or not. And they didn't run off because they knew they'd get that ass whipped if they did. My Momma didn't play that crap and neither did I.
Well yeah, no doubt. It is no excuse to not keep up with your kids. I have seen people with them and just ignore their kids. I believe it goes like that with a lot of things though. Parents just telling the kids to watch TV so they can do what they want and the kids just become these TV addicted drones and the like. As with any kind of tool that can be used in parenting there is a right way and a wrong way to use it. If my kids act out of line they know they will have trouble.

I can tell you my kids would never do like that kid did in the store with that lady, they both know if they did something like that they would either be spanked, lose their favorite toy(s), and/or have to sit in a corner for a good while.
When I was little we weren't allowed in the house if it was light outside (and not raining). We weren't allowed inside until dinner. We ran kinda wild. And we only watched tv an hour a day except for Saturday morning cartoons. And we got spanked, none of that pussy time-out crap.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I hate kid leashes, but I guess it beats loosing your child in a crowd
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
krystal Wrote:When I was little we weren't allowed in the house if it was light outside (and not raining). We weren't allowed inside until dinner. We ran kinda wild. And we only watched tv an hour a day except for Saturday morning cartoons. And we got spanked, none of that pussy time-out crap.

Here's the thing. some kids don't care about spankings. Trust me, my son is that kid. He will just shrug it off, but you take away a toy or make him stare at a wall in a quiet room and he cries more than any spanking can deliver. Not to mention it is also effective.

Around where i live my kids can't exactly run outside all day but they are also not sitting down watching TV all the time either.
My mom used some like this back in the 1960's when my older brother was very small. The way mom tells the story. My brother who would never sit in the stroller this is before those little belt they have now. He would climb out and run into the street. Would never hold your hand. So mom said that she walked into a store and brought and dog harass and put that on him. And it worked. He didn't need it for long but, sometime you just have to do something I guess.
I see said the blind man to his deaf daughter.
Mad Dog Wrote:I guess it beats loosing your child in a crowd

You sure about that? :lol:
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
but does it beat beating your kid in a crowd? I support kid leashes for no other reason than the joy i get from seeing the kids get jerked around when they reach the end of the leash
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type