Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye Golden Throat???
Okay, I am confused here, I just woke up and i see this tweet on twitter.
Quote:fbhwGoodbye Golden Throat. We'll miss you.
about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck

Can someone fill in the blanks here because I can't tell if that's a joke or real.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Hmmm. Curiouser and Curiouser. Let me.... He unfriended me?!?! Bastard.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
He unfriended me too!
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
WTF. And I thought we were friends. Dick.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
okay now i am more lost...
What the hell is going on? There's nothing in the local news about it...is he retiring? Is the station closing down? Is he moving? LEN!
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
lol well he IS still friended with titan
Over on the Mi Buzzboards I heard he was accepting a position as a prof. at a local university.
in the local segment he said he's going to Public Radio and teaching some classes...he'll get to sleep in now (8am)

Good Luck Golden Throat!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Who the fuck is golden throat?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
len o'kelly
WTF? he is going to another job, that is what the "goodby golden throat we will miss you" things are about? It sounded like he was killed or something. Okay he is going to NPR or whatever and doing other things. He is still around why would he be missed?
Yeah, but I wonder what the change on FB was aobut. I bet he just started a new account and got rid of his old one. I can't believe he would have de-friended all of us losers VIPs.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I'm still friends with him.
potthole Wrote:I'm still friends with him.
See and this is why no one likes you Smile Tongue
Wiener Poopie Wrote:Who the fuck is golden throat?

It's what we have been calling Allyson since the initiation. That happened while you were gone. You missed out. All the guys have spoken very favorably about the experience.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
[Image: len.png]
I think it was Becky who hit the nail on the head:

"The voice of God, the face of a retarded banker"
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I'll miss Len. But at least I'll always have the memories. There was the time I gave him the "retarded banker" nickname. Then there was...

...actually that's about it.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29694</a><!-- m -->

WGVU-AM Makes NPR History With 'Real Oldies' Format

August 27, 2009 | WGVU

The Beatles, Buddy Holly, Elvis, and the Supremes rocking out on National Public Radio? It’s not the norm. Traditionally, NPR station music libraries include Beethoven, Mozart, Miles Davis and John Coltrane.

Starting today, WGVU-AM becomes the first NPR station in the nation to broadcast the oldies full-time. But does it fit the mold?

“Public Radio has taken the banner and made it their job to preserve those art forms; classical music, jazz music, blues music, it would only seem natural that the next progression for public radio to do would be to preserve the history of Rock n’ Roll in this country,” said the radio voice of 'Real Oldies' host and music director, Len O’Kelly.

O’Kelly and morning drive host, Bill Bailey, explained how Chuck Berry and The Rolling Stones are seeking new homes as commercial broadcasters shelve the oldies format.

“They are very much bottom line oriented and they look at the 25-54 demographic, that age group as the age group controlling much of the dollars, and so that is where their attention span rests," said Bailey, "When in actuality with the baby boomers you have a huge population that’s been somewhat disenfranchised.”

The music of their lives. Music woven into the fabric of this nation explained O'Kelly, “It’s interesting looking back at the nation’s history through its popular music charts. There are records come up through the chart where you can tell that the kids had gone and purchased these records. Their parents got mad and decided to buy their own music and that’s how you get Frank Sinatra charting records in the ‘60’s. Huge hit records coming up by, you know, Sergio Mendes in Brazil in ’66 with top selling albums in the middle of, as we’re approaching psychedelia. How does this happen?"

Bailey chiming in, "‘Girl from Ipanema’?"

O'Kelly taking the que, "Record of the Year at the Grammy’s in fact. Beat out ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ was ‘The Girl from Ipanema.’ How does this happen? It’s interesting to look at the charts as you go through the history.”

WGVU-AM 1480 and 850 become the first NPR towers to broadcast, full-time, 'Real Oldies', beginning today at noon.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.