Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
September Get Together
Mark the Valet will be in town so I think we should plan another Saturday get together. We can do a picnic type thing again or perhaps a restaurant.

Throw out some suggestions for dates/times/places and we'll get a consensus.

Howie has to show up this time too.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
admin Wrote:Howie has to show up this time too.

You sure that's safe? I mean do we really want Howie to steal Mark from Marissa?
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
About the only evenings that don't work for me are that of the 26th and whatever Saturday we've got Moon League.
Mark is only in town from the 29th of August to September 10th.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Well then why don't we attempt Sept 4th, 5th, or 6th?

Ultimately we will have to rely on Mark and Marissa's schedule so we should wait for them to chime in.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I might have to work the 3rd and the 4th, but I get out at 6pm. Otherwise our schedule is pretty much open. Besides a possible trip up to T.C., but we'll schedule that around you guys. Wink

If we're thinking about a park/picnic I might be able to get us a reservation at our park at the zoo... Or at least figure out which areas aren't reserved so we could claim it.
My latest Free Beer-ism: "Did the light lamp up? ...Wait did I just have a sword cramble? AHHHHG"
marissa Wrote:I might have to work the 3rd and the 4th, but I get out at 6pm. Otherwise our schedule is pretty much open. Besides a possible trip up to T.C., but we'll schedule that around you guys. Wink

If we're thinking about a park/picnic I might be able to get us a reservation at our park at the zoo... Or at least figure out which areas aren't reserved so we could claim it.

Ohhh the Zoo!! Could you give us a tour ?!?
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Is Labor Day weekend really the best time for a get-together?
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Howie is swamped every weekend in September.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
How about Fridays?

Somebody pick a date. And by "somebody" I mean Mark and/or Marissa.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Ummm? Saturday September 5th? Does that work for everyone? We could do Friday the 4th just as easily...

Honestly, ANY day between the 30th and the 9th would work for us, you guys are the ones with things to do. We're on VACATION!
But preferably not the 9th cause we'll be busy... getting ready for Mark to leave.

Okay. I'm saying Friday the 4th. Friday, September 4th. 9/4/09. Deal? I hate making decisions.
My latest Free Beer-ism: "Did the light lamp up? ...Wait did I just have a sword cramble? AHHHHG"
marissa Wrote:Okay. I'm saying Friday the 4th. Friday, September 4th. 9/4/09. Deal? I hate making decisions.

Okay with me.

Time and place? Dinner somewhere?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Dinner? Potluck?

0rz0ski Wrote:Dinner? Potluck?

Where?
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:Howie is swamped every weekend in September.

Isn't it awesome that they picked a Friday? As if we wouldn't expect Mark to make it possible to see you!! :lol:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
marissa Wrote:Okay. I'm saying Friday the 4th. Friday, September 4th. 9/4/09. Deal? I hate making decisions.

Booo, I work till like 7pm that day...could we do it later at night?

marissa Wrote:But preferably not the 9th cause we'll be busy... getting ready for Mark to leave.

So that's what you are calling it these days huh? Wink
I think the 4th is open for me... nothing else is coming to mind at the moment. Later in the evening, so as to work with Zdunk's schedule should be fine as well.
Does the 5th work any better for people?

So far as I know the 5th is no issue for me, the only reason the 4th is bad is cause of work....stupid work always getting in the way....maybe I'll just win the mega millions and not work anymore.
0rz0ski Wrote:Does the 5th work any better for people?

The 5th is good for me.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Un-fortunately I will not be able to attend

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lawrencemi.com/oxroast.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lawrencemi.com/oxroast.htm</a><!-- m -->
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
Who the hell roasts an Ox?

0rz0ski Wrote:Who the hell roasts an Ox?
The BEST that’s who!
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I googled Lawrence, MI Ox Roast and this is what came up . . .

[Image: 9a26a64940972b104d0a4d8b097e7e31.jpg]
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
^^ HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!
Nicole's list of Places to Avoid (or not spend an extended amount of time in)

1. Orangeville, MI
2. Ohio
3. Fairfax, VA
4. Lawrence, MI

0rz0ski Wrote:Nicole's list of Places to Avoid (or not spend an extended amount of time in)

4. Lawrence, MI

Change that to Van Buren County, we have way too many people around here anyways and don’t need anymore. :thumbup:
Queenie Wrote:I googled Lawrence, MI Ox Roast and this is what came up . . .

[Image: 9a26a64940972b104d0a4d8b097e7e31.jpg]

I am just too fucking rad.

This year we're making a mini house for kids to play...maybe you'll get to see a picture of mini-Howie (my son not my crank) taking a shot.
I know I have the 5th off because I requested it for a family thing, so that day is out.

The 4th should be fine if we do something after 6:00 PM.

I know Dr. Grins has comedy shows on Friday nights and tickets are only $10, but you have to be 21+ to get in.

Otherwise we can get together at Applebees or Fridays or something similar.
What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.
So, the 4th is okay, as long as it's an evening event.

Alright, is everyone okay with that?

cue the "no" in 3...2...1...

I'm good.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I'm good.
Alright, so...

Where would we like to go to do this?

Options:
1: Picnic in a park somewhere
Pros: Don't have to pay restaurant prices
Cons: You have to eat the food people brought, the weather might not cooperate.

2: Restaurant
Pros: Indoors, booze
Cons: Gonna be noisy on a Saturday night.

3: Someone's house
Pros: Indoors, don't have to pay restaurant prices
Cons: People spitting in their dish to pass, people will know where you live.

So....discuss?

I was thinking GRBC was a good place to go, unless someone else had a better idea...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/tenday/49501?from=36hr_topnav_driving" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/ ... av_driving</a><!-- m -->

The 4th looks good weather wise.

Personally I would rather avoid the whole "restaurant" thing because if the group is big enough it is harder to mingle/converse.

Depending upon the turn out, we could do just like we did last time at that little park on Byron Center. I have access to my tenant's grill right next door and everyone could bring whatever meat they wanted and a dish to pass. I will supply paper plates, condiments, napkins, plastic utensils etc.

However, I don't want to "run" the show so everyone should pipe up with what works best for them and we'll have a majority rule.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I guess something like an outdoor cookout would be my first choice, but I'm not going to piss and moan if we go to a restaurant.
I had another thought on choice of venue for a get together. How about a a coffee house like Kava House on Kalamazoo and M6? It would be less noisey on a friday night and would have enough room for a small group. The draw back would be no beer, but hey, if we decided too, we could travel to a place with booze later. Just a thought.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I'll chime in with this since no one really wants to make a firm decision:

If someone doesn't say "we'll meet here at this time and do this" by Monday at 5 pm then I'm going to set the venue, time etc and everyone can deal with it. Angel
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Screw Monday, let's plan this shit now.

Date: Friday, September 4th
Time: 5:30pm
Bring: A dish to pass

I'm bringing lemon bar, a pack of hot dogs, and ketchup/mustard/relish.

Also, it's fan-tas-tic that Mark and Marissa have chimed in so much in this thread, since this is their effing fault.

Well done!
Go fuck yourself. Hard.