Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcasting on iPod Touch
Just wondering if anyone is able to download the podcast to the native iTunes App on the iPod touch (downloading to iTunes on my PC works fine, just not directly to the iPod over WiFi). I was getting it, but when they did something for security so that people couldn't steal the podcast, it stopped receiving new podcasts. I think the last date that I was able to get was June 9, 2009. I downloaded a separate podcasting app, but it is not as good as the native iTunes App for podcasts.

Has anyone who has an iPod Touch or iPhone had this issue? If so, have you fixed it?

Thanks,
Ryan
Sorry, don't have an iPod/iPhone, but I just wanted to let you know that you weren't being ignored.

The security update that they did was to force login credentials for the podcast. Maybe there's an App that can help with that.

Good luck!
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I just searched for Free Beer and Hot Wings in the podcasting section of iTunes on my iPhone and it says I can download all the podcasts for free, the only problem is that the most recent podcast is July 9th.

I haven't looked for a way to fix it, I just wanted to let you know that apparently it's not just you.
burnking Wrote:I just searched for Free Beer and Hot Wings in the podcasting section of iTunes on my iPhone and it says I can download all the podcasts for free, the only problem is that the most recent podcast is July 9th.

I haven't looked for a way to fix it, I just wanted to let you know that apparently it's not just you.

That was actually an illegal copy that someone was reposting. Their subscription was disabled once we noticed it, which is why it has not been updated since July 9th. An iTunes seach for Free Beer and Hot Wings brings up two results...both of which are bootlegs. Both are no longer active.

As for the iPod Touch, I believe that there is a way to download it directly, but I'm not positive. Drop an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:customerservice@freebeerandhotwings.com">customerservice@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e --> and they should be able to let you know for sure whether it is possible or not.

-steve
Thanks, Steve. I don't care what they say about you, I think you're useful.

Ryan, if you email, can you let us know the end result? Now I'm curious. I could listen to the show the day of by downloading directly to my iphone, rather than waiting until I get home to download the show and being a day behind.
I have an iPod Touch and can tell you that there is no way to download the podcast straight to your iPod. You have to use iTunes on your computer. Some podcasts are available to download directly through the iTunes Store app on your iPhone, but those are either free podcasts or pay-by-the-episode podcasts. The FBHW podcast is not available through the iTunes Store app, as Steve said. The ones you see are bootlegs.

Now if your iPhone or iPod is jailbroken, there are apps available that will allow you to download podcasts. I have a friend who does this. I have not yet dared to jailbreak my iPod, however.
Actually, I downloaded an app called RSSPlayer (I think that's the name, 99 cents), and it will connect successfully and download the legit FBHW podcast. It's a little buggy, but it gets the job done.

Ryan