Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
they are destroying cwtta...
anyone else notice that cwtta is really cant wait to talk about what the show wants to talk about... and if they arent interested watch out cause their gonna rip u a new one! man they are pushing me away more and more each week.. i am a podcaster who has every segment from the last 4 yrs on jumpdrives and i dont even listen to the whole shows anymore.. i find myself listening to shows from 2 or 3 yrs ago just to get a laugh.. does anyone think stephen hawking sings is funny? i want to love the show still but its becoming hard..
alpacafarmer Wrote:anyone else notice that cwtta is really cant wait to talk about what the show wants to talk about... and if they arent interested watch out cause their gonna rip u a new one! man they are pushing me away more and more each week.. i am a podcaster who has every segment from the last 4 yrs on jumpdrives and i dont even listen to the whole shows anymore.. i find myself listening to shows from 2 or 3 yrs ago just to get a laugh.. does anyone think stephen hawking sings is funny? i want to love the show still but its becoming hard..
for icwtta i have always heard them blast the people who talk about nonsense, but there are some topics that people still bring up that they ride along with.
and stephen hawking sings is entertaining to me, I don't know about anyone else but i find it fun. On top of it they found dude shadoway and he is back doing interviews, the last one was great and awkward, granted not the best of dude's work but it was funny, especially the call afterwards.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
I didn't care for SHS at first but have grown to really enjoy it.

As to ICWTTA: It seems that only idiots are awake and calling at those times. It's still a good segment but unfortunately there have been a number of bad callers.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I honestly like the days where they say no one seems to be calling in, and they go into other subjects on their own. I tune into the show to hear the guys and the jokes that come from them, not to listen to people calling into the show and hear their stories. While its true a lot of humor has come from callers, it's minor when compared to the amount of humor that comes from the hosts. And there are far more examples of when callers can kill the momentum of the show (see: stump the show). I think the segment should remain, but I have no problem if it shifts a little more towards prepared content, versus random call topics.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law
They've always ripped on dumbass callers during CWTTA, that's nothing new at all.

SHS has been growing on me quite a bit these past few months. Out of all the games it's still my least favorite, but no longer do I find myself with the urge to change the station when it comes on.
admin Wrote:I didn't care for SHS at first but have grown to really enjoy it.

As to ICWTTA: It seems that only idiots are awake and calling at those times. It's still a good segment but unfortunately there have been a number of bad callers.

Hey Mark, Biff just call you an idiot. :lol:

Oh shit, me too, I guess.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
i agree that cwtta is at its best when no one calls in! i just have got the feeling that they are quick to bash.. someone called in and asked their opinion on football the other day and instead of spending 3 minutes on something most people are aware of thats going on they bashed him with dumb jokes for 5 min.. stuff like that seems like they are pushing too hard on the insult comic stuff...

as far as shs im still not on board.. but to each his own i guess..
I loved listening to the idiot rambling on this morning about his trip to the gas station. I kept saying "more details....more details.....more details..". There was another guy on earlier that kept rambling.

It would appear that "stupid Meijer run out of gas and run over my leg guy" got dumped for swearing too.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
I'm the first to complain about... well, anything show-related but even I think it's really nitpicky to say CWTTAB is being destroyed. Like Free Beer says, some days a lot of people want to call in and some days no one calls. They have to play the segment by ear. Also, apparently those new interns are mouthbreathers that don't understand how to answer phones.

Sometimes something interesting happens that they want to discuss but there isn't quite enough meat to make it a full segment on it's own. If I was in their shoes I would simply weigh said topic versus whatever the callers want to discuss and go with the one that seems more interesting. I wouldn't just answer the phone because of the segment's name. I believe this is what they do.

And really, if the callers are stupid then it's the callers' fault and not the fault of the guys.

Although I will agree with you about Stephen Hawking Sings. That wasn't interesting from day one and it still isn't interesting now. But hey, clearly enough people like it to keep it around. Everyone doesn't like everything. I still think What Hot Wings Thinks is lame but it's only 5 minutes a day and it isn't going away.

This is why podcasting is awesome. If you don't like something you can skip it.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I like SHS personally, and now I hope I win the laptop when they announce the winner on Sept. 1st. Go me lol
boaz Wrote:I like SHS personally, and now I hope I win the laptop when they announce the winner on Sept. 1st. Go me lol

Hey guy. Long time, no post. I hope you win too!!

Didn't see you at the Big Fancy Thing Fast Game Show . . .
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I will admit, one thing I liked about CWTTAB was that the segment was usually the longest of the show, most of the time over a half hour, which really allowed the guys time to really get into a topic. Today's was 15 minutes. I know they said that they're trying much harder to stay on time with the show, but no radio show is perfectly on time. I just hope it doesn't affect content.
Sir, they're not going to allow you to...break the law