Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Podcast trouble the last couple of days??
Monday was the last day I got the show via podcast. My laptop all of a sudden will not update the info. I know this is in the wrong place but the PC issues never get visited. Any help would be appreciated. Tried everything too....
Again, mine's fine. Did you unsubscribe and resubscribe? that always works for me
I've actually been having the same problem. I haven't been able to get the last few days. I tried all the usual fixes with no success. I emailed Steve so we'll see what comes of that.
I have a problem with this EVERY SINGLE DAY!! I e-mailed them a long time ago about it but they said I was the only one with this problem. EVERYDAY iTunes says the link is bad. I unsubscribe and subscribe again numerous times. I usually have to delete from iTunes than go to the website and "add to iTunes" again. This doesn't work work half the time either. I've used internet explorer and mozilla. One doesn't seem to work any better than the other but I try everything I can think of. At some point it works after doing the same things over and over. No such luck the last two days though.
Ok guys/girls, I think I know what the issue is.

If your link starts with
"itpc://www.FreeBeerAndHotWings.com/podcast....."

DELETE
itpc

and replace it with
http

so, the correct link looks like
"http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/podcast..."

Try that, and see if that works. Those buttons DO NOT work for subscribing to iTunes. Copy and Paste the FULL link.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
I emailed the IT guys, as I've been getting a few emails describing something similar to this. Here's their response:

From time to time people lose their 'cookie' with the site, Itunes can not recognize the podcast URL without being signed into the website, this is usually stored in your 'cookies' in your browser. If you delete the cookie, or you haven't been on the site in awhile, this could stop podcasting. They also expire after a certain amount of time.

To correct this problem,

Go to our website, sign out if you are already signed in, clear your browser's cache AND cookies, then sign in again.

Wait about 10-15 minutes, open ITUNES, and right-click on the podcast and select update, this should solve your problem.

In the future if you notice you are not getting podcasts please refer to this method and it should correct it.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedteve@freebeerandhotwings.com">steve@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e -->.

-steve
Thanks Steve!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
WGRD IT Wrote:Steev stepped on the cable and his hooves cut through the connection. Also he's ugly.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
steev Wrote:I emailed the IT guys, as I've been getting a few emails describing something similar to this. Here's their response:

From time to time people lose their 'cookie' with the site, Itunes can not recognize the podcast URL without being signed into the website, this is usually stored in your 'cookies' in your browser. If you delete the cookie, or you haven't been on the site in awhile, this could stop podcasting. They also expire after a certain amount of time.

To correct this problem,

Go to our website, sign out if you are already signed in, clear your browser's cache AND cookies, then sign in again.

Wait about 10-15 minutes, open ITUNES, and right-click on the podcast and select update, this should solve your problem.

In the future if you notice you are not getting podcasts please refer to this method and it should correct it.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedteve@freebeerandhotwings.com">steve@freebeerandhotwings.com</a><!-- e -->.

-steve

One of you mods want to copy that text and add it to the things to try if your podcast doesn't work post that I made? That would be good for future issues, thanks!
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
Just letting everyone know that the IT guys were helpful for once. I signed out of my member account, deleted cookies, then signed back in and was able to download the podcast once again by refreshing my link in iTunes.
zdunklee Wrote:One of you mods want to copy that text and add it to the things to try if your podcast doesn't work post that I made? That would be good for future issues, thanks!

Done! Thanks!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!