Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Blue
Fuck the Irish
Wowie Groovie !
Eff scUM

That said, I don't think they'll lose to ND at home.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
The ND Michigan game is about the closest I come to a religous experience these days.

I'm giddy with anticipation.
Wowie Groovie !
I must say GO BLUE...

oh yes and FIRE UP CHIPS!!

MSUcks will lose this weekend
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
HALLELUJAH

I humbly thank the football gods.

I could not have asked for a better game.

Woo. :clap:
Wowie Groovie !
It is a great day to be a Michigan fan.....that being said I find myself currently rooting for Ohio State because I think I hate USC even more... and the Big 10 needs a few more quality wins over other teams... I'm so confused right now...
I didn't go so far as to actually cheer for OSU, but it was okay with me if they won.

And if you're into schadenfreude it was indeed a good day to be a Wolverine.
Wowie Groovie !
Very good game for the Wolverines.

I've seen quite a few people say things like, "Michigan is back"... I'm not sure things are quite to that point, but the win on Saturday was by far a step in the right direction.
Yeah, there's a whole lot of football left to be played before we can determine if U of M is really back or not, but it sure did feel good to beat the Irish
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:Fuck the Irish

QFT
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Titan! Wrote:Yeah, there's a whole lot of football left to be played before we can determine if U of M is really back or not, but it sure did feel good to beat the Irish

I've got a friend who is an OSU fan. After the UM game he told me he thinks Michigan is going to win nine or ten games, and asked if I agreed. I told him that before the season I predicted seven, and would be willing to raise it to eight, but nine was a bit of a stretch.
potthole Wrote:
Titan! Wrote:Yeah, there's a whole lot of football left to be played before we can determine if U of M is really back or not, but it sure did feel good to beat the Irish

I've got a friend who is an OSU fan. After the UM game he told me he thinks Michigan is going to win nine or ten games, and asked if I agreed. I told him that before the season I predicted seven, and would be willing to raise it to eight, but nine was a bit of a stretch.

With who they play I can see 9 or 10, the only teams I don't see them able to beat is Ohio State and Penn State, and they could possibly slip up in the Big Ten once but I can't see twice. If they don't start 4-0 now it would be a huge dissappointment cause they have a couple cupcakes next.
is 7 wins a reality now ?

Still 5-7 is a big improvement over last season, and if they improve the same amount next season it should be pretty sweet.

But like I said earlier, as long as U of M beats Notre Dame, I am content with the college football world.
Wowie Groovie !
This team needs a friggin' defense. Although things have gotten dissapointing after that 4-0 start, I'm doing my best to think realistically about things, specifically that this is only the second year of RR's new system.

Now, if next season doesn't produce at least seven wins, I'm going to be getting a little more frustrated.
if Rick Rod doesn't win at least 7 next year, I think he's going to need to start looking for a new job
Wowie Groovie !
I don't know why in the hell they hired a D coordinator from Syracuse... Seriously they had the worst D in the NCAA last year.... I agree although the 5-0 start was really weak minus the Notre Dame win...they rest were cupcakes.
Titan! Wrote:if Rick Rod doesn't win at least 7 next year, I think he's going to need to start looking for a new job

This is how it should be. Sadly, since situations like this rarely go the way they should go, which means he'll probably get canned if he loses to Notre Dame next season.
I personally think they need to keep him for a minimum of 5 years, they could can him the middle of the 5th season but it takes at least 3 full seasons to get the guys you want in there and knowing the system well enough to win games consistently.
If Michigan wasn't as high a profile school as it is, I could see RR being given five years. But, since it is a rather high profile school, his timetable has probably been cut.

Yesterday I hear some people calling into Sean & Terp saying that they thing if RR loses out the rest of this year that he should be canned immediately. That's a bit much, you've got to at least give the guy a third year before you put him on the hotseat for real.
Yes, but the problem is if you keep bringing in new coaches and keep changing the play style then Michigan will never be good again. Everywhere RR has went it has taken him at least 3 years to turn the programs around and they have had mediocre seasons until that point. Too bad the general public doesn't realize this and are calling for his head already.
Not that I think getting rid of RR after this year is the right move, because I don't, BUUUUUT....

Brian Kelly, down at Cinci, projects to possibly be on the market this offseason, and it wouldn't be all that much of a change of system to bring him in.

Just to play devil's advocate...
potthole Wrote:Not that I think getting rid of RR after this year is the right move, because I don't, BUUUUUT....

Brian Kelly, down at Cinci, projects to possibly be on the market this offseason, and it wouldn't be all that much of a change of system to bring him in.

True....and Brian Kelly is one amazing coach...see GVSU, Central, Cincy....that resume is amazing...
zdunklee Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Not that I think getting rid of RR after this year is the right move, because I don't, BUUUUUT....

True....and Brian Kelly is one amazing coach...see GVSU, Central, Cincy....that resume is amazing...

Yeah and Rich Rod had such a poor resume at all his previous jobs. NO! Just give it at least one more year otherwise your starting all over again with a new coach and probably another defensive coordinator.
gar1713 Wrote:
zdunklee Wrote:

Yeah and Rich Rod had such a poor resume at all his previous jobs. NO! Just give it at least one more year otherwise your starting all over again with a new coach and probably another defensive coordinator.

Kelly would not be starting over again because he runs the exact same offense, and if Rich Rod gets the University any punishment from the NCAA for his stupidity I say fire his ass now.

Also, they need a new D coordinator now too...whose bright idea was it to hire a shitty coach from Syracuse...who had one of the worst D's in the NCAA last year.
Here's my official stance on RichRod. I think he should be given a shot next year, but that being said, I wouldn't be upset if somebody like Brian Kelly were to be head coach in 2010.
How would you rate Kelly's ability to recruit ?

Personally I think that's part of the problem
Wowie Groovie !
Titan! Wrote:How would you rate Kelly's ability to recruit ?

Personally I think that's part of the problem

Well he has taken 4 and 5 star recruits that are from Ohio from Ohio State in the past few years, and he was the only guy able to do that inside the state of Ohio in a long time. Also his ability to motivate is very good, I don't believe that Rich Rod is any good at motivating anyone and it seems that mostly he causes the problem more than he fixes it.
Welll fuck...

That's the end of that mess.

hey at least we got 2 more wins than last year right ?

i think RR deserves at least 1 more year, and if he adds 2 more wins next year (and beats Notre Dame again) I'm good with giving him a 4th year.
Wowie Groovie !
The defense did it's part, which surprised me a bit. Turnovers killed us.

I agree that RR should be back next year. He better win at least eight games, one of which being OSU, though.
Hey at least you guys aren't the Gophers. :oops:
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Minnesota finished better than UM in the Big Ten, right now, I trade places with them no problem.
What the hell happened to Forcier ? He was the F'ing golden boy superstar at the beginning of the season, and finishes with 4 int's and a fumble in the end zone.
Wowie Groovie !
Welcome to the world of having a true freshman as your starting QB.
potthole Wrote:Minnesota finished better than UM in the Big Ten, right now, I trade places with them no problem.

yeah it just doesnt feel like the Gophers are going anywhere either. Which is just irritating
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
Yeah, because Michigan has gone so far these last two years... Wink :crazy:
BY THE WAY......

F - scUM

GO BUCKEYES!
I'm so goth, I shit bats.