Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imus
What do you think?
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
Can he be a stupid racist?
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I like that you can choose multiple options, because I voted racist AND stupid. Killer combination.
He's a stupid dick. I hope that radio station that replaced FB&HW with him is happy now.
I honestly didn't think what he said last year was really "racist", at least at the time. I thought it was disrespectful. What he said this time though was pretty bad. His explanation is pretty weak, and even if that was his intention, he should have explained it better.

I'll go ahead and say he's stupid and racist.
Don Imas was born into prejudice. So was I, but I sure keep a hold on my thoughts. Prejudice is a thought, racism is an action. We may not be able to change how we and where we were brought up, but we know that it is not right. It is not right for anyone to be a racist. Doing so only shows stupidity.

I did, however, think it was funny as hell how upset Zane got. He is such a dick. Then he got mad at himself for letting someone change his point of view. Hold steadfast Zane!!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Yah I agree on the stupid + racist combo. I'm not sure that the comment last year was necessarily racist as it was just the "NHH" comment, which I have seen plenty of those that are white too and it had nothing to do with ethnicity. That being said, with larger audience I suppose comes more criticism and he should just be fired so noone has to pain themselves listening too his pompous sounding voice in the morning. I was arriving at work mid-topic on the latest comment, but did anyone mention the fact that really the racist one was more so that assistant sports guy with the lisp? I mean didn't he ask what color the guy was and didn't he make the comments about that explaining it? It seemed like Imus just kinda light chucked and moved on, to avoid a possibly touchy subject. I know I've been in a conversation where someone says something not too tactful and sometimes you sort of just move on as best you can without making a scene. In a way this clip today seemed that way. He didn't like continue the conversation much after the black comments from the co-host because he sort of stole the thunder of making fun of the record. I dunno, just my $.02 which doesn't amount to much Smile
arent pointing out stereotypes---and commenting on them the basis of a lot of humor---??everybody relax---we dont need joke police
According to my many black friends, any indication of color is racism. So just by saying
I definitely think he's an idiot.
Personally I'm tired of the finger pointing game. At some point everyone just needs to stop caring, otherwise it'll always be an issue.
I always figure....stereotypes start for a reason it isn't because 1 out of a million of some particular group are a certain way. It's usually a good percentage. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong or whether that has to do with Imus, just saying that stereotypes aren't some thing formed by a devious group, but rather generalizations on a general population of a general group.
I thought he was an ass before those comments. Now I think he's an ass and a bigot. And stupid.
[quote="wienerpoopie"]According to my many black friends, any indication of color is racism. So just by saying
brobot Wrote:Personally I'm tired of the finger pointing game. At some point everyone just needs to stop caring, otherwise it'll always be an issue.

To an extent I agree with this.

Personally I'm tired of hearing about Al Sharpton. That's one of the most laughable things about all this, that somehow THIS guy became the all-knowing judge of what's racist and what's not. He's as racist as anyone. Imus deserves ridicule but why Sharpton continues to get a pass, I'll never know.
basschica Wrote:I always figure....stereotypes start for a reason it isn't because 1 out of a million of some particular group are a certain way. It's usually a good percentage. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong or whether that has to do with Imus, just saying that stereotypes aren't some thing formed by a devious group, but rather generalizations on a general population of a general group.

I can see where you are coming from, I believe it all depends what you are around. That would be like saying everyone in the south is a redneck that lives in a mobile home, drinking boxed wine with a liking for NASCAR, Monster Trucks, and Kaptain Kenevil and I am sure there are plenty of people on this board that could tell you it's not even 50/50. People just pick the negative out of things to create a stereotype.
It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.
[spoiler]Shit, you took away the black bar. Put it the fuck back now![/spoiler]
[quote="wienerpoopie"]According to my many black friends, any indication of color is racism. So just by saying
That's what she said.
maybe its just that in our society its ok for anyone to make fun of white sterotypes--larry the cable guy and his buddies---richard pryor---various mexican/american comedians---but its considered bad taste and maybe racist for whites to make jokes using black and minority stereotypes----not all nascar fane are sister marrying toothless ol boys---
the whole "African-American" thing is ridiculous. if you were born in America then you are an AMERICAN regardless of what color you are.
It's pretty stupid, yeah.

Saying that calling someone black is racist is kind of stupid, since it's a physical observation that really has no weight to it other than appearance. I don't see how that could be cast in a negative light unless you yourself think that being black is a bad thing.
[quote="Allyson"]
Who even listens to Imus? Maybe it's a NY thing 'cause I don't know anyone who listens to Imus here in the mid-west. I always thought he was the favorite of some high level exec at NBC and that was how he stayed on the air. Kind of like Dennis Miller on MNF; viewers couldn't stand him but some exec at ABC loved him so he stayed on for two full seasons. I just don't understand why anyone would listen to him - he's not particularly funny or smart, his cohorts in the studio all sound like ass-kissers, and he's constantly cranky.
wienerpoopie Wrote:Thats why it says SO AND SO FORTH :Smile

My point is, how am I supposed to make the distinction between different backgrounds? If I call someone from Barbados an African-American, that could be just as offensive. Like someone said earlier, saying someone is black or white or whatever is a blanket statement about their appearance, not about stereotypes. That's like me getting upset for someone saying my hair is brown. My hair is not brown - I am brunette :'(
That's what she said.