Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something I've Noticed
So, after hearing today's version of Name That Blank, I've noticed something about the guys on the show. When a game doesn't go the exact way they want it to, they tend to act like 'that kid' who always threatens to leave if things don't go his way.

For example...

They got rid of NTT after they felt it had a few crappy weeks. They got rid of STS after they felt it had a few crappy weeks. They got rid of SHS after they felt it had a few crappy weeks. And now today, they mentioned they made a thin threat about dumping NTB.

Come on, guys, don't let a bad week or two cause the listeners to lose a popular game. If the players suck or are stupid, make fun of them and move on. Don't act like 'that one friend' everybody has when they're growing up. You know which one. That one friend who is always saying he'll go home if you don't do what he wants.

And now watch as the Spite Board comments hit the airwaves tomorrow...
YES, the spite board is back baby!
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
As the show expands so does the amount of stupid listeners who somehow have the ability to dial a phone.

Really, if they want these games to be better then they should do them later in the show. I am convinced that the Sportier Than Thou record would not be so monumental if the game were played during the 9 o'clock hour.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Name that Blank is a total sausage-fest. I'm getting to where I change the channel when the first 2 questions go unanswered.
"I'm glad to see those 'Worthless Whore' lessons turned out well for you."
I never hear games anymore because they're so effing early.

I'm in the Majority with that. Most people don't start their commute till 7 at the earliest. Hell my commute starts at 7:45 and ends at 8. the majority of my listening is done at the desk.
"Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant. Probably a great golfer. Huge ass!"
I would totally call in on the games portions of the show if they were just a tad later. Maybe they could switch headlines and news stories with the ICWTTA, name that blank or STS segments. 6:00 CST is not unfeasible for me to be alert and able to participate; however 5:00 CST is. Maybe they could just try a different timetable and they might be pleasantly surprised!!

Well, Free Beer, Hot Wings, Zane?? What do you think??
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I like it Queenie, and my vote is the only one that counts.
That's true, why ARE so many of the games so early? I think i remember them mentioning that it was like a trial time slot, as opposed to the "prime time" of 7-8 or so. That's probably why Name That Tune was on at 7:30, because so many people liked it.

I agree though, move the games later, not only to mix it up, but to keep them alive when things take a turn.
Did they axe the Friday top three as well? I listen on podcast so I'm a couple of days behind, but I just read the show summary on their website and it didn't mention the Friday top three at all.
Stupid people calling the show is awesome. I love it when Stump the Show and Name That Blank is full of idiots. The guys being frustrated with idiots is entertaining as hell.

I won't complain about Zane's vague threats because we got Stump the Show back. You take your victories where you can.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
I love the stupid people too. What worries me when Zane starts to make the threats is that in recent memory those threats have actually turned to action.
One of the funniest moments of last week was "John Lennon, John Lennon, John Denver". But it doesnt matter, if they don't have fun, then they shouldnt force it. I think "paired with an idiot" is kind of lame because you know how much Zane hates it.
PWI is hilarious because of how much Zane hates it for seemingly no reason.
But isn't it odd that when Free Beer hates a game it is immediately gone, but when Zane hates a game it stays since Free Beer likes it?
I can see how he might be able to pull the "Running the board" card in a situation like that.
bobdv Wrote:But isn't it odd that when Free Beer hates a game it is immediately gone, but when Zane hates a game it stays since Free Beer likes it?

Thats because it's funny when Zane is crazy frustrated.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
Slightly off topic, but...

Is it just me, or are callers getting dumber and dumber? Seems like more and more of them have off topic comments, or miss the point of the conversation, or just can't hear or understand the guys. Maybe I only notice those ones...
Today's all girl whatever it was, was pretty good.
Wowie Groovie !
idiots make up the far majority of the population, therefore as the listening area broadens there will be that many more idiots listening, and we all know that idiots love to be heard especially on the radio

[Image: cletus-simpsons-1024x768.gif]

uh-hyuk
Good point. I guess it has a benefit, which is me shouting at the radio for the guys to tear idiots apart. Which they do regularly.
Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:idiots make up the far majority of the population, therefore as the listening area broadens there will be that many more idiots listening, and we all know that idiots love to be heard especially on the radio

[Image: cletus-simpsons-1024x768.gif]

uh-hyuk

Im thinking the more Michigan stations they add the faster this will happen. :wave:
pants on the ground! pants on the ground!
[drop]Arrow hitting target[/drop]