Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what happened with Joe and his gf?
Obviously they broke up some time ago, did they ever talk about what happened on the show? I didn't hear it if they did. I know they got a house together and he did the whole wedding ring prank. Did she finally demand he propose or something?
I haven't heard them say it, other than they broke up.
Does it really matter?
I never heard them even say that, all I remember is Zane talking about hooking Joe up with chicks and that's when I figured out he was no longer taken.
woody Wrote:Does it really matter?

Does anything we talk about on here matter?
It must have been a bloody brak up. Since they never even mention it on the show.
it's his personal life... should really leave sensitive topics like that be
It is show code to talk about shit like that.
residentialevil Wrote:
woody Wrote:Does it really matter?

Does anything we talk about on here matter?

Good point! ;D
No, it doesn't matter, but it did sort of annoy me. There was a very obvious double standard there. Everything is "show code this" and "show code that", and when everything was going swimmingly, they talked about Joe and Nikki frequently.

But then, the S hit the fan, and they got all quiet. But not silent...they still talked about it, but left the details out. I wanted to say "Tell us or don't. But don't give us half the story."
The only one that obeys the show code law is Zane. He talkes about anything on the air. From his wifes tits to his saggy balls.
you know, when things that humiliate you happen and you talk about it, that's show code... but when it's things that would probably depress the person in question, it's really something that shouldn't be brought on to the show. it's meant to be a funny show, not an Oprah 'let's feel feelings' show.
I want to know what the Eff happened!!!!!!
Let me clarify a bit....I really just wanted to know if they talked about it. If they didn't, then I'll take it as a cue that it was messy/too personal and I really don't want to go there if Joe doesn't. If they did talk about it, then it's fair game.

I didn't mean to come off as wanting the juicy gossip, I am merely curious since for me at least it seemed like one day he's almost engaged and the next he's single.
I agree, brobot - but if you're going to talk about the weather when it's sunny, you need to talk about the rain as well.

And in fairness, they did eventually elaborate and say they'd broken up. For a while it was just ignored. For the longest time I thought I was listening to old bits, because they would mention Joe's apartment. I thought I was losing my mind.
Plus today's flashback is Joe talking about the engangement ring prank he pulled, so it jogged my memory that I never heard if they talked about it or not.
I imagine it probably has a little more to do with the fact that she works in the office and would rather not have to hear about it on the radio! Have a little respect folks! Love ya Joe!

:Smile
i remember them saying at one point "Yes, Joe broke up with Nikki, and no, we aren't going to go into the details."
They didnt go into depth, just explained that it happened and that they would not elaborate so dont ask! But I agree I think it is show code!
hotzester Wrote:And in fairness, they did eventually elaborate and say they'd broken up. For a while it was just ignored. For the longest time I thought I was listening to old bits, because they would mention Joe's apartment. I thought I was losing my mind.

Same here....I too thought I was hearing old clips because I think Kurt Busch was talking about helping Joe move into his apartment and I thought "He bought a house with his gf didn't he?"
mainerliser Wrote:I imagine it probably has a little more to do with the fact that she works in the office and would rather not have to hear about it on the radio! Have a little respect folks! Love ya Joe!

:Smile

Didn't know she works in the same office.
booky Wrote:The only one that obeys the show code law is Zane. He talkes about anything on the air. From his wifes tits to his saggy balls.

One of the reasons that Zane is my hero. Zane has the balls to admit to doing all the dumb shit that we all do from time to time. The other guys do the same dumb shit, they're just too scared to talk about it.
Wowie Groovie !
Well I'm listeng to the first hour today and they just finished the flashback and yeah, they mentioned she does work in the building and asked Joe if he passes her in the hall. Based on their joking, sounds like she holds some ill will towards Joe.

Man that would be super awkward to work in the same building with your ex.
Titan ! Wrote:
booky Wrote:The only one that obeys the show code law is Zane. He talkes about anything on the air. From his wifes tits to his saggy balls.

One of the reasons that Zane is my hero. Zane has the balls to admit to doing all the dumb shit that we all do from time to time. The other guys do the same dumb shit, they're just too scared to talk about it.
I think Zane just has more crazy shit going on in his life because he has kids.
Just another reason not to dip the pen in the company ink!
Zane did something similar with the kid at the party yesterday [or the day before?]

When it gets too personal they kind of edge away from it without bringing too much attention to it... or at least try to.
brobot Wrote:Zane did something similar with the kid at the party yesterday [or the day before?]

When it gets too personal they kind of edge away from it without bringing too much attention to it... or at least try to.

When was the last time FB or HW admitted to something based on Show Code ? Zane does it often, Joe occasionally, FB & HW pass it off on listeners and read Show code emails, but have either of them admitted to something embarrassing ?
Wowie Groovie !
Freebeer taking a dump in the field behind his first job right before the interview? Can't really think up anything on Hotwings off the top of my head... They all shared clips of them when they still sucked at radio, though.
If she didn't work at the office, i'm sure they'd have a field day with it. But they want to respect her privicy... or so i would imagine. That's probably why they don't talk about it. No biggie.
Zane seems to be the only one who freely will start talking about family members and friends on the air and usually doesn't leave out much detail. Heck he calls his wife on the air. And I die laughing everytime Cat's In the Cradle cranks up and he starts talking about all the crap his dad did.

Free Beer does a little, like he was talking about his sister in law coming to visit and how he wasn't looking forward to it, but said at least her "boring boorish" husband wasn't coming. But he does it far less than Zane.

From me listening, it seems HW does it the least. He did talk about some about him and his wife not being able to get pregnant but that's about it.
Duh... all Hotwings does is stare and do lawn work.
And talk about cars.
Its like Free beer introduces something that Zane or Joe have done the day before, then Free Beer provides dry commentary on it, and they then all make fun of each other.

It works, and I love the show, but I need Free Beer and Hotwings to open up a little more. When they jump on hotwings, he doesn't seem to take it that well. He gets kinda defensive and girly.

Free Beer seems like a good sport.
They are all good sports.

Besides, if Zane didn't talk so much about his life, I wouldn't have this awesome user name.
What? Nikki kept the house? WTF?
Well I remember them mentioning that Nikki's sister lived there too, so maybe they both pay for it?

Whatever happened, Joe is obviously a better person...He's gotten healthier and seems a lot happier. That's a tough decision to make. Good job, Joe!!!!
I swear, I need to find out his diet. Dude has dropped at least 50 lbs if not more and in a relatively short amount of time.
residentialevil Wrote:Zane seems to be the only one who freely will start talking about family members and friends on the air and usually doesn't leave out much detail. Heck he calls his wife on the air. And I die laughing everytime Cat's In the Cradle cranks up and he starts talking about all the crap his dad did.

Holy shit yes. I couldn't agree more, that is one of the funniest things, i wish they could do it more but it'd just make it not as funny if we heard it every day
Who the F cares!!!!!
She was dragging him down and making him "FATTY JOE." Plus she was getting to old for him. Joe likes his girls young... REAL YOUNG... BABIES!