Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zane and his son
I get that zane was pissed about his son not bringing what he was supposed to but. Of the things to freak out about someone not bringing home, Romeo and Juliet is probably one of the easier ones to find a copy of. I would bet money that within five minutes he could have two or three different copies of the play on the internet. Then again if Jim was any good at talking people down from angry tirades he probably should have been able to get that across to Zane before he suspended him from hockey. Maybe that isn't as common of knowledge as I thought it was.
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
Well, IMO, Zane's point was that he told Jim what the guidelines of his punishment were and when Jim decided not to follow those guidelines, he lost his hockey. No matter how easy it could have been been to find a copy of Romeo and Juliet, Zane is teaching his child a very valuable lesson. There comes a time when all children have to face the consequences of their actions. This is a lesson that soooo many children nowadays do not get taught (or enforced). I would like to think I'd do the same thing. Fortunately, my daughter makes straight A's and is self-motivated when it comes to school. But I know with my boys, the story was not the same. I did have to take things from them and enforce a strict regiment like Zane did. In the end it made a difference. I say BRAVO Zane!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I get that and actually agree with it. I was just stating that, of the things for someone to leave at school, a copy of a very popular and widely distributed play would be pretty easy to obtain another copy of.
i'm not 16, just too lazy to think of a different username, so now every site that I have this username on probably assumes im a predator of some type
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of just not turning in assignments so that my dad would have to lay down the law. How do you just not do the work? Zane flies off the handle a bit too much in some of his stories but I'm totally with him on this one. First your kid doesn't do the work then he makes a deal with you and breaks it with a week? I don't want to parent other peoples' kids but I'm all for Zane bringing down the hammer. I'd be frustrated as hell in his position.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown
mayorofawesometown Wrote:I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea of just not turning in assignments so that my dad would have to lay down the law. How do you just not do the work? Zane flies off the handle a bit too much in some of his stories but I'm totally with him on this one. First your kid doesn't do the work then he makes a deal with you and breaks it with a week? I don't want to parent other peoples' kids but I'm all for Zane bringing down the hammer. I'd be frustrated as hell in his position.

:clap: This is what i'm talking about. He broke the deal in less than a week! I don't care if the book he forgot was something as easy to find as a dictionary. The point was Jim was told to bring all of his books home. Period. Pretty easy if you ask me. I know from experience that this breaking point that Zane had didn't come from the absence of one, two or even three assignments not being turned in. It's from continued laziness on the part of the child. If we, as parents, don't step and bring down that hammer, who is going to? It is our responsibility as parents to do this.
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
I wish my parents had done that more for me. I kind of had a rough teen years and I graduated, but barely. So now Im a single mother with a crappy job. If they had pushed me more, maybe I could have done better. I'm not blaming them, it was all totally me, but still, I wish they had laid down the law more. I think Zane is doing a great job as a father