Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letters To Elliot
When I got home today I was doing my normal routine of listening to the podcast and screwing around on the xbox. When it got it to the "Letters to Elliot" segment I was just appalled. Man they really crossed a line with this one. I would have rather them not even played the segment than to make fun of it.

Also some legendary back-pedalling once the segment was finished, poor form guys.

I'm sure some of you enjoyed it, probably even laughed. Not me though, I think it was distasteful, not funny, and disgusting.
Well, according to Zane, we'll never get it. Since they do actually feel sorry for the kid and dad, apparently that gives them the right to make jokes and laugh about it. Since they "don't really mean it" everythings fine. He can't get through his stupid little Armenian head that making jokes and playing offensive drops during a sad subject may be unclassy to some people. They just don't know to leave some things alone.

Since we're just stupid listeners, we can't be right.
Wow, somebody's mad. I haven't listened to it this time, but I kind of remember it from months ago. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember any humor that came from this was the humor at the awkwardness of it being SO sad and the ridiculous attempts to lighten it up. These guys all have big hearts and that's proven time and time again by charities such as A.T., holiday break-ins, etc. Until they start murdering live puppies on the show, they will never "cross the line" for me. If you dont like it, I hear Bob and Tom are back.
They do have big hearts for sure, and while this isn't a deal breaker for me by any means...It just really upset me that they would treat like it was no big deal. From what I gathered, Freebeer mentioned it thus setting it up and by bringing it up, pretty much forced it upon them to play it, and perhaps they were trying to make the best of a poor choice for a topic. Honestly I don't think it had any business being on the show. IMHO it would have been better to say "Kaboobie" and cut anchor on it. But what do I know? I'm just a stupid TN boy with apparently too big of a heart for sick and/or dying kids.

And as far as Bob and Tom...fuck that. I would rather piss glass than listen to that shit.
boaz Wrote:And as far as Bob and Tom...fuck that. I would rather piss glass than listen to that shit.

I would think that is a very bad sensation . . . :wtf:
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
Was this that segment from awhile back where the guy was on a talkshow reading letters he'd written to his dead son? If so, I had no problem with the jokes being made. It was a terrible story, and very sad, but some people just better cope with sadness through laughter.
link? i like to judge.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th6Njr-qkq0[/youtube]
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
It looked pretty fuckin sad to me! No humor in that…
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
I'm on the side of HW, Zane and Joe in this one. Way too sad of a story for this type of show. I listen because I like to laugh and be entertained, and HW and Zane provided that. This kid would have died whether I had felt sad about it or not.
Honestly, if this segment crossed a line for anyone then you're a thin-skinned nancy. Like they said, the drops were a defense mechanism. There's a difference between making a few cracks so that you don't cry and actually making mean, malicious jokes at the expense of those who suffered.

I have a cousin whom I've very close to that lost her first child soon after birth due to complications. It sucked. I cried a lot. It still devastates us today. But I have no problem enjoying the "letters to Elliot" segment because Free Beer didn't let the positive message get lost and it's clear that the other guys weren't being asses just for the sake of being asses.

If you were offended then that's your business but you seriously need to unclench.
I am the irrepressible dark horse.
Film it. Listen to it. Live it. Love it.

All the best,
The Mayor of Awesometown