Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Frightened You've Ever Been
Watching Halloween 2 in the theater. I just wanted to leave when they were in the hospital and Michael Myers was chasing them around.
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
On my honeymoon when the Jamaican cops showed up at our B&B, asking if everything was ok.

We told them we weren't aware of any trouble, and they told us that they had gotten a call saying something was wrong. An employee showed up and took the cops back around a building, where they were for about 10 minutes. When they returned, they were talking quietly, and one of the cops had a pair of shoes. They got in their car and left, and we asked the employee what was going on. He told us nothing was wrong. We told him what the cops had told us. He said they just stopped by to say hello, because they're old friends.

Awhile later, we went around where the cops had been, and it looked like somebody had tried to break into one of the bedrooms. Again, we asked the employees why the cops came, and again they wouldn't tell us anything.

Earlier in the day, we found out that the locals had murdered an American who used to live next door to the B&B (his home was still there, vacant and overgrown) only a couple of years ago. That, coupled with the way none of the employees would give us a straight answer about the police, got my wife and I super scared. That very night we informed the employees that we had to cut our trip short, and we caught a ride to the airport (two hours away) at three in the morning to get the first flight back to America.
Holy shit potthole!! I went to Jamaica with my kids and was told by the hotel employees that it would be in my best interest not to leave the resort. I took their advice. The first day, after I learned that there were guards at every entrance/exit, I let my 12 & 15 year old boys "explore" the resort. I kept a safe distance, but was watching. They were at one end of the beach (the end being where the resort's property ended) and I saw them being approached by a local. The man said something to my boys and then was immediately tackled by the beach guard. Of course, I asked them what the man said and they told me he just wanted to see if they needed any "party materials, mon." I've heard quite a few horror stories from people vacationing in Jamaica. I think i'll stick to Cancun! or better yet, the US!!
Hey doc, do you know the address of that place?
Oh, you know, I do know the address. It's at the corner of go fuck yourself and buy a map!
The most scared I've ever been is right now, when I've simultaneously discovered that my bank is holding $2,700 hostage (WTF does "Pending" mean anyway) and that my replacement social security card for my name change was supposed to arrive in two weeks, not 6-8. So its possible that I have ruined credit right now AND I have to go back to the Social Security office and wait in line for a new card.
Everyday you reinvent yourself into a bigger cock-shite than ever. It's incredible. I don't know how you do it. I admire you.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
When I was a senior in high school and crashed my snowmobile after hitting an old oil drilling pipe that they farmer had dug up in my parents field and not told us about. I remember flying backwards in the air watching the sled roll towards me and then waking up and seeing a totaled sled in which both ski were now backwards, the track was off center and the passenger a-frame was broken into several pieces... never thought I was gonna die till that moment.
"What you are about to see is top secret. Do not tell my mother."
zdunklee Wrote:When I was a senior in high school and crashed my snowmobile after hitting an old oil drilling pipe that they farmer had dug up in my parents field and not told us about. I remember flying backwards in the air watching the sled roll towards me and then waking up and seeing a totaled sled in which both ski were now backwards, the track was off center and the passenger a-frame was broken into several pieces... never thought I was gonna die till that moment.

I have totaled one road bike and one atv, both accidents went rather decent.
Wiener Poopie 2.0! Now fatter and less credible!
Queenie Wrote:Holy shit potthole!! I went to Jamaica with my kids and was told by the hotel employees that it would be in my best interest not to leave the resort. I took their advice. The first day, after I learned that there were guards at every entrance/exit, I let my 12 & 15 year old boys "explore" the resort. I kept a safe distance, but was watching. They were at one end of the beach (the end being where the resort's property ended) and I saw them being approached by a local. The man said something to my boys and then was immediately tackled by the beach guard. Of course, I asked them what the man said and they told me he just wanted to see if they needed any "party materials, mon." I've heard quite a few horror stories from people vacationing in Jamaica. I think i'll stick to Cancun! or better yet, the US!!

I should specify that our B&B was waaaaaaay off the beaten path. We landed in Montego Bay, and it was a two hour drive south through the backwoods to get to the small fishing village we were staying in. The place had no more than ten rooms, so it's not like we were in a real big resort-type deal. What made things creepier for us was that we were the only guests there at the time. We wanted authentic, and got probably a little more than we were expecting.

We'd probably consider going down there again, just staying in one of the big name places.

0rz0ski Wrote:The most scared I've ever been is right now, when I've simultaneously discovered that my bank is holding $2,700 hostage (WTF does "Pending" mean anyway) and that my replacement social security card for my name change was supposed to arrive in two weeks, not 6-8. So its possible that I have ruined credit right now AND I have to go back to the Social Security office and wait in line for a new card.

Ouch, I hate that SS office in GR. Went there with my wife when she was getting her card changed, and that was two of the gloomiest hours I've been through.
When I rolled my Chevy Tracker on the highway last November. It was the first night of ice and I was going faster than I should have, but I had not been drinking. The car was totaled but no one was hurt. I can still see it happening in slow motion, and it still freaks me out when I go by that spot.

Here's my car the next morning:
[Image: 2wbzrmb.jpg]
Holy crap, that's your car? Dude, I live right across the street from you!

[spoiler]No I don't. I'm just fucking with you[/spoiler]
Go fuck yourself. Hard.
Whoa, good thing I clicked on that black bar. Almost made an ass of myself.

...And then I wrote that and did it anyway. Well played, sir.
Living in this day and age, I am scared 24/7....
Whoops! I just listened to the podcast about this topic, and Free Beer said that getting in a car accident and laying upside down doesn't count. Which is exactly what my post was about.

Oh well. Either way, it was scary.
When I was thirteen, my youngest brother played T-ball and at the end of the season we were invited to a pool party by the Coach. The party was going fine until I saw my next door neighbor who was also there, begin to scramble up the water slide with a freaked out look on his face and dove head first down into the pool. He pulled out a boy who was blue with purple lips and unconscience. He turned him on his side and about two quarts of water exited his lungs. He checked for a pulse and started CPR. The boy jerked and coughed and inhaled a huge burst of air. Soon he had much ofhis color back. The ambulance arived with in about ten minutes and began to tend to him. It would have been scary enough as it was, but that boy was my youngest brother Kevin.
"Sir, You need to get out of your car, there is a train comming."
"Why ummm... uhhh did you ummm... feel the need to errrrr, god why can't I type!!"
I was in a rollover accident my Senior year in HS... I was coming out of a gas station parking lot and a giant truck hit me and flipped my explorer... I was stuck in the suv upside down til the police/ems got there to cut me out.. all i remember is thinking ohshit and about how much I hurt.. I was in the hospital for 4 weeks....